Inactive [INFO/ADMIN] LogBlock v1.54 - Enderdragon Logging! Tree Grow Logging! [1.4.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DiddiZ, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Offline

DiddiZ

Version: 1.50​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Find and Backroll those Damn Griefers
    LogBlock release are on DevBukkit:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/logblock/

LogBlock dev builds:
    http://ci.kitteh.org/job/LogBlock/

Please read the installation guide

I won't port LogBlock myself to mcAPI. Source code is available, so it shouldn't be to difficult for someone else to do it, also I'm still here. so I can answer questions. If there is more than one willing, that's up to you to handle that.

The reasons I take this step, are the usual: I quit playing Minecraft about 5 months ago and lastly I was struggling to keep up with updates. The developement of Guardian made slow progress, so I fear it won't be ready to fully replace LB in time.

Download latest dev build: Jenkins
    View the source code: GitHub
    Table of contents:
    1. Description
    2. Features
    3. Why to use LogBlock
    4. Example command
    5. Older versions
    6. Change log
    7. Todo list / feature requests
    8. Permission nodes
    9. Plugins supporting this
    10. Support the dev
    11. How to post error messages
    12. Advertizing
    Description:

LogBlock logs block changes into a MySQL database. Block changes can be placed or destroyed block, explosions, burned blocks, sign text changes, chest access, leaves decay etc.
    It can be used as griefer identification tool, to find out who build a particular building, or even roll back changes by certain players. Other purposes can be e.g: Undoing of forest fires
    All additional features are optional, to keep the database as short as possible. All database actions run in their own threads to avoid server lags.
    The use of permissions plugin (or any clone) is possible, but not necessary.
    Uses Spout for chest logging (but it's fully optional, and there is no need for the client mod at all).

Features:
    • Logging for block placing, block braking, fire, explosions, leaves decay, signtexts, lava flow and chest content
    • Very mighty commands system, not only allowing to rollback and redo, but also to tp to blockchanges, delete log ingame etc. Full list of commands.
    • Many parameters for lookup/rollback/redo/tp/clearlog commands: Block changes of one ore more player, in a specific area, in a world edit selection, specific block types only, block changes older or newer that a specific date, destroyed/created block only, in a different world and combinations of all these parameters. Full list of parameters.
    • Rebuilding map after importing a backup (/lb redo)
    • Last parameter to use the parameters of the last command
    • Quick ingame lookup of block history a wood pickaxe or a bedrock block.
    • All commands accessible from console (exept tools :D)
    • Custom queries for tools.
    • Different tool modes (lookup, rollback, redo, writelogfile and clearlog)
    • Saves block data like wool color, log type, torch adjustment, etc
    • Multiworld and multiserver support (some servers sharing the same database)
    • BigBrother log import
    • Loggable super pickaxe plugin (not to confuse with WorldEdit's super pickaxe)
    • API
    • Webstats
    Why to use LogBlock:

Example commands: (thanks to tha d0ctor, read more about commands here)

/lb rollback player fire since 1d3h – rolls back fire 1 day 3 hours
    /lb rollback player fire since 1d3h area 15 – rolls back fire 1 day 3 hours within a radius of 15 blocks

/lb rollback player thad0ctor since 1h - rolls back thad0ctor 1 hour
    /lb rollback player thad0ctor since 1d area 5 – rolls back thad0ctor actions for the last day within 5 blocks
    /lb rollback area 10 since 1h30m - rolls back all modifications within 10 blocks since the list 1 hours and 30 mins
    /lb rollback area 10 before 06.11.2011 - roll back all changes in an area of 1o before June 11th, 2011
    /lb rollback player thad0ctor since 05:36:00 - roll back all changes of thad0ctor since 05:36 (server time)

Download, Command, Configuration and Details:
    [​IMG]http://diddiz.insane-architects.net/logblock.php

Changelog:
    -> Full changelog
    • LogBlock v1.50 # 81 (Dez. 13, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1
      • Feature: /lb me shows the total block count
      • Feature: Chest logging without spout
      • Feature: Enderdragon logging
      • Feature: Logging for tree and mushroom grow (thanks to MD5 for the api)
      • Fix: Area param works again with default radius
      • Fix: Rollbacks got slowed down a bit to avoid rare server crashes
      • Fix: If mysql username, password or database only consist of unquoted numbers, LB will read them now
      • Config: World configs changed totally, some names changed and all logging options are now in an own section
    • LogBlock v1.41 #63 (Nov. 15, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1337
      • Fix: Players with spawnTools permission are no longer allowed to spawn all tools.
      • Fix: Added a check to avoid "The permission xy is already defined!" errors
    • LogBlock v1.40 #60 (Nov. 09, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1337
      • Feature: Custom auto ClearLog
      • Feature: Reduced error spam. Instead of like 40 line of error code, there is now just a warning stating the MySQL con
      • Feature: The queue will now be dumped after 10 tries even when the MySQL server is connected
      • Feature: Custom material names, allows naming custom blocks
      • Feature: LogBlock will now respond to messages when started without MySQL connection
      • Fix: Log import runs now async
      • Fix: Log import errors won't crash the server
      • Fix: Console commands work again
      • Fix: You can now use upper case letter in tool names (I don't know why you even should, but ...)
      • Config: Added clearlog.auto, clearlog.enableAutoClearlog in main config. Added materials.yml. Removed clearlog.keepLogDays
      • Permissions: Added 'logblock.spawnTools'
    • LogBlock v1.32 (Oct. 04, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1240
      • Feature: Player info logging: firstLogin, lastLogin, onlinetime, ip. No ingame lookup yet.
      • Feature: /lb queuesize to see the current queue size
      • Fix: Door logging logs now also fence gates
      • Fix: Bukkit api break in CB #1191
      • Fix: time restriction works now as intended. Thanks to xrobau
      • Fix: Players with insufficient permissions can't smuggle bedrock from one world to another
      • Config: Added logPlayerInfo
    • LogBlock v1.30 (Sep. 22, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1185
      • Feature: Chat lookup /lb chat player diddiz search +admin +sucks +dicks (more info)
      • Feature: Door logging
      • Feature: Dynamic tools, define your own tools
      • Feature: Use since and before to define a timespan
      • Feature: Enderman logging
      • Feature: cake logging (who ate it)
      • Config: Added logEndermen, logCakes and logDoors to world config and moved the tool section in main config.
      • Permissions: logblock.tool changed to logblock.tools.tool and
        logblock.toolblock to logblock.tools.toolblock.
    Todo List:

https://github.com/LogBlock/LogBlock/issues

Permission Nodes:
    https://github.com/LogBlock/LogBlock/wiki/Permissions

Plugins supporting Logblock:
    List (open)

When you want to appear your plugin here, tell me about

Support the developer (that's me :D):
    If you want to support me writing plugins or want to thank me for the plugin/support, you can: Suggest features I missed, report bugs (best with fix :D), donate via PayPal, flattr my plugins, gift me The Witcher 2 (thanks to newyoukdaily), 2x 1GB DDR1 modules (thanks to HonestFlames), or send me the inner life of a laptop or netbook with a broken display (need it to build a model aircraft, so there is no need for parts like display and keyboard).

[​IMG]

How to post error messages:

I won't aswer questions to general MySQL setup/installation/what is MySQL (there are lots of good tutorials out there, use google)
    Please read the installation guide before asking a question about installation problems.
    Please read the FAQ before posting a error report. It may be solved there.
    In case of rollback or lookup problems: Type /lb savequeue and try again (when it's fixed then, it was a consumer problem, see FAQ)
    When you post error messages, it's important to paste the whole stack trace!

Advertizing:
    Newyorkdailys Plugin Support Buisness (open)
    Still can't get LogBlock working, or any other plugin? Are you getting errors in your console and cant figure out why? Newyorkdaily offers Basic/Advanced Plugin support.
    • General/Advanced troubleshooting: FREE!
    • Plugin Installations: 1-2 Plugins - FREE!
    • 3 or More Plugins - $2
    Click on the link below to connect to him now!
    http://wbe001.mibbit.com/?settings=7cb4fd3cdd72754df475fb92a0b65f6c&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=#CBPluginSupport

There is a LogBlock irc channel: #logblock at irc.esper.net.
    You can ask me on skype. My name is 'hawky.diddiz'.

2. Offline

DiddiZ

https://github.com/DiddiZ/LogBlock/wiki

You can either just use:
    /lb area 10 destroyed

Or set up an own tool for this:
    Code:
    tools:
      areatool:
        defaultEnabled: true
        mode: LOOKUP
        aliases:
        - at
        params: area 10 all limit 15 desc silent destroyed
        leftClickBehavior: NONE
        item: 352
        rightClickBehavior: TOOL
        permissionDefault: 'FALSE'
    You'd need the permissions logblock.tools.areatool and could get the tool with /lb at

3. Offline

monir

I have a big problem i use latest dev 70 and 1499 and everythng works in console plugin loading propperly but nothing logs why is that i have never had problems before.

4. Offline

harakiwi

i used bigbrother on my old server and set the database to max. 31 days.
    Does this plugin keep it forever or is there some sort of auto-clean up?
    i can't find a max days setting and there's no info in the guides

5. Offline

ibreaktoucher

is it compatible with 1.0.0 ?

6. Offline

DiddiZ

Reenable the things you want to log in world config, the config schema changed, but I haven't yet reimplemented defaults.

It's not that simple anymore :D
    clearlog.auto is the config option you're looking for.
    Change world "world" before 365 days all to world "world" before 31d all
    Replace "world" with the actual world name, and set clearlog.enableAutoClearLog to true.
    Yup

7. Offline

Curthiany

@DiddiZ

Hi again! i dont know why my members cant use /lb toolblock .. says no permission but its clearly there.
    Using PermissionsEX / Permission Compat with Yeti Permission..
    Actually it was working fine before i installed Permission Compat Yeti...do you support both permission plugins at the same time? cause some of my plugins need the yeti permission since its not compatible with PermissionsEX and so forth

8. Offline

DiddiZ

All lb needs is the permissions bridge, Yeti permissions has that built in, PEX has a Permissions.jar (from PEX zip) for that. So, I'd guess it's now using yeti, you can't do much about, beside removing yeti, changing the load order (difficult and risky) or set LB permissions in yeti config.

9. Offline

karto

Code:
    18:32:48 [INFO] [LogBlock] Connecting to [EMAIL]xxxxxx@jdbc:mysql://xxxxxxx:3306/xxxx[/EMAIL]
    xxxx...
    18:32:49 [SCHWERWIEGEND] [LogBlock] Error while fetching connection:
    java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user [EMAIL]'xxxxxx'@'78.42.20.183'[/EMAIL] (using pas
    sword: NO)
    He think i dont't using a password . But i have write it on the config.yml .

Mfg karto

10. Offline

harakiwi

So with default config LogBlock saves everything except water and lava flows for 365 days?
    Isn't that a little long and much data for a mysql db on a small minecraft server?

11. Offline

frizbee

I tried that but it didnt work. i found out how tho. thanks.

12. Offline

ForsakenRealmz

Thanks, but should it look like this?

http://pastebin.com/pbAtGKWB

13. Offline

DiddiZ

By default, auto clearlog is disable anyway.
    The config is just an example, that is meant to be least harmful as possible.
    Better have someone complain about the log keep time, than about loosing half of his log :D

I guess it consisting of numbers or special chars?
    put it single quotes, like:
    password: '123'

You may have one of the old, bugged config files. Delete it, restart the server to regenerate and set data again.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
    harakiwi and karto like this.
  14. Offline

ForsakenRealmz

Ok I'll try that out. Should I just go to the top of this plugin page and click on Download? Or is there a newer download?

I got this message after I started my server. I just downloaded the top download that said it was for the #1337 build. I have the #1510 Build but it works for all other #1337 builds.

http://pastebin.com/gZ20aduw

15. Offline

DiddiZ

Nah, no need to download anything. Just remove/rename the config.yml.

16. Offline

ForsakenRealmz

I got this message after I started my server. I just downloaded the top download that said it was for the #1337 build. I have the #1510 Build but it works for all other #1337 builds.

http://pastebin.com/gZ20aduw

17. Offline

karto

Thank you , now it goes !

18. Offline

DiddiZ

Hm, it can't connect. Are you sure about the data?
    Does the MySQL server allow remote connections?

19. Offline

ForsakenRealmz

Well the server IP is "forsakencraft.servegame.com" and instead of "localhost" for the 'host' I put it as "99.153.199.178" which is my external IP. (forsakencraft.servegame.com is my disguised external IP)

Do you think you can help me with Teamviewer?

20. Offline

karto

Code:
    20:41:21 [SCHWERWIEGEND] Error occurred while enabling Spout v510 (Is it up to d
    ate?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemTool.<init>(SourceFile:18)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemSpade.<init>(SourceFile:11)
            at org.getspout.spout.item.mcitem.CustomItemSpade.<init>(CustomItemSpade
    So, I have a new problem. Now when I would to connect to the server it comes "downloading terrain". Than I musst wait a minute than it comes "Time out".When i delete Logblock I have the same Problem. But When i delete the Plugin Spout (logblock download it !?) then it goes ! But when i put Logblock in the pluginfolder an start the server then he download spout and i have this problem. What can I do ?

(sorry when my english is not so god)

Mfg karto

21. Offline

DiddiZ

Either install the Spout version suitable for you CB:
    http://ci.getspout.org/job/Spout/
    Or disable chest logging in LB config (or updater.installSpout which essentially is the same)

22. Offline

Poliice

My server won't start up anymore. :(

Code:
    26.11 13:51:19 [Server] INFO [LogBlock] Connecting to MCPoliice@jdbc:mysql://minecraftukmysql.avantehosting.net:3306/MCPoliice...
    26.11 13:51:19 [Server] INFO [LogBlock] Version check: Your version is up to date
    bukkit 1509

23. Offline

karto

I have Chessacess now off.Now, it goes. Thank you.

24. Offline

DiddiZ

I can't see an error there ...

25. Offline

Poliice

I don't see an error there either. I got rid of the plugin and the server starts. I added the plugin back and the console shows everything as normal and when it gets to there nothing else happens. It doesn't continue. That is the last thing it shows before freezing. No one can log on to the server as well. What do you suggest?

26. Offline

DiddiZ

Could be Spout. Delete Spout.jar and disable installSpout in lb config.

27. Offline

Poliice

server doesn't have and hasn't had spout.

28. Offline

DiddiZ

kk, then have a look at the server.log file. Sometimes errors are suppressed in console.

29. Offline

ProcessedBeef

Not sure if this is a bug or my fault but players right clicking a block with a wood pickaxe even though they cant use any /lb commands can see the log for that block.
    How do I make it where only I can use the right click with the wood pick axe to see the log?

30. Offline

discoverdan

@DiddiZ @Poliice

I had the same issue, my server starts now but LogBlock doesn't work. It seems to run fine but then absolutely no logs show when I check with /lb tb or any other means, it worked yesterday, it might have something to do with #1509? I literally get no logs or any other kind of message showing when I left/right click with the toolblock or tool, but LB seems to still work(eg. still giving me toolblock) I've also tried things like /lb area 10. Shows absolutely nothing, it's like you didn't even use the command. No error messages either, only this:

Code:
    27.11 00:26:42 [Server] WARNING [LogBlock] Error while importing: 'UPDATE `lb-players` SET lastlogin = FROM_UNIXTIME(1322338398), firstlogin = IF(firstlogin = 0, FROM_UNIXTIME(1322338398), firstlogin), ip = '/188.177.230.6:51476' WHERE playerid = (SELECT playerid FROM `lb-players` WHERE playername = 'Zirock');': You can't specify target table 'lb-players' for update in FROM clause
    27.11 00:26:42 [Server] WARNING Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    27.11 00:26:42 [Server] WARNING [LogBlock] Error while importing: 'UPDATE `lb-players` SET onlinetime = ADDTIME(onlinetime, TIMEDIFF(FROM_UNIXTIME(1322338321), lastlogin)) WHERE playerid = (SELECT playerid FROM `lb-players` WHERE playername = 'Zirock');': You can't specify target table 'lb-players' for update in FROM clause
    I also see this but I'm not sure if it's related:

Code:
    2011-11-27 00:31:51 [WARNING] [LogBlock] Exception in commands handler:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a valid argument: 'annihilator_78'
    	at de.diddiz.LogBlock.QueryParams.parseArgs(QueryParams.java:389)
    	at de.diddiz.LogBlock.CommandsHandler.onCommand(CommandsHandler.java:227)
    	at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
    	at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:163)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:364)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:756)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:721)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:714)
    	at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:516)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

31. Offline

DiddiZ

Players have got the tool permissions by default when using bukkit permissions.
    If you are using some kind of a permissions plugin, you are missing the permissions compat (Permissions.jar in pex).
    This are three seperate issues:
    1. I changed the world config format, in your case the auto updater didn't work, what is also the cause of 2.
    2. Set version in config to '1.30' and restart, missing columns are created then.
    3. You missed the player in the command: /lb player diddiz since 5m