Infinity+Mending Bow Unnerf

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TsukiFoxcat, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TsukiFoxcat

Heya!
    I'm currently trying to re-enable the compatibility of Mending and Infinity on the same bow due to popular demand of the players on the small private server that I'm running. I want to install this as a plugin to the spigot server I have, but have failed until now to find any plugins for this on the web.
    So I started trying to code said plugin myself, since I do have a bit of java knowledge and experience doing coding in general (I come from Unity/C#) and this seems to be a small enough change to do this on my own.
    I was trying to get by the last few days with youtube tutorials, since I don't have any experience with coding for minecraft, but all I found online were resources to add custom enchants, not modify existing ones.

Could anybody be kind enough to help me with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
    Tsuki

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

TsukiFoxcat

I went with this tutorial and tried to somehow adapt the provided code to override the sourcecode for the mending and infinity enchants, but I'm kinda missing information where and how minecraft stores enchants and if the code provided there would be able to override it
    The yt tutorial I have been using is:

so in short - I don't really have much code aside from what is provided in this video^^'

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

5. Offline

TsukiFoxcat

@timtower By creating two classes, a mainEnchants, where I do LoadEnchantments(); onEnable and a class where I tried to redefine Mending and Infinity, pretty much the same as in the video. Around timestamp 4:30

I just don't really know how to reference and override the base enchants from minecraft^^'

I might also be on the completely wrong track here, if you maybe know how to do that in another way, please do tell ><

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.