Infinite Redstone range?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by speed415, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Offline

speed415

Could someone make a plugin to remove the 15 redstone limit? I don't know about you guys but i find the 15 redstone distance very annoying and making repeaters isn't very efficent

2. Offline

Plague

I second this.

3. Offline

crameep

I would also love this feature.
    --- merged: Jan 25, 2011 10:54 PM ---
    Does anyone know if this is possible with a plugin? If so I may attempt it as my first Plugin.

4. Offline

robhol

Theoretically, I suppose so. I think I might know a way to extend it more or less freely, but I've got nothing at the moment.

5. Offline

crameep

Any help on the idea would be welcome, I'm fairly new to minecraft (and Java) but This would make me extremely happy, the range on the wire is very short, I'd like to build a system for my Minecart track (Minecart Mania) That calls the minecart back to me if its not at the station im at. But in order to do this i need some long range redstone.

6. Offline

Afforess

I believe RedstoneChips allows wireless receivers and transmitters of redstone, which solves the distance issue. From a technical standpoint, infinite redstone is a terrible idea.

7. Offline

crameep

Funny you posted here Aofforess, I spent the majority of the evening looking at your source to see how the boosts work, i wasn't really thinking infinite range redstone more liek your minecart track like a block when redstone is placed on it, it can extend the current or something along those lines.
    --- merged: Jan 26, 2011 3:29 AM ---
    I'll give the chips a shot.

8. Offline

Kevin

CraftBook also has wireless transmission (or will soon, when that IC is re-ported), but it can be annoying to redesign an entire circuit with wireless transmission if the wire is just a bit too short. Also, and this is a much larger problem, and that is when the server is restarted, you have to redo every wireless connection or they won't work because they are stored in memory.

I really like this idea. Are you saying it would l0ok like this?

(transmitting end) !***************====/ /====*****(receiving end)

* is a redstone wire
    ! is a torch
    = is a track

If that is what you mean, then I think that could be a great addition to either craftbook or minecart Mania. it could also have some interesting effects with carts on it too.

Another idea: Make the new 3-in-one redstone block into a way for the current to be doubled or tripled.