Infamous plugin? :o

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Killergod101, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Offline

Killergod101

Plugin category: Fun, Role Playing

Now before i say anything, if someone does take this on, i will be doing some art and maybe supplying some code :p (i'm not too good though)

Suggested name: InfamousMC (How original i know :p)

What I want: I'd like to see a plugin that could add powers just like the game using in-game effects. This would include all the powers in the game by default and maybe custom ones (if it isn't too hard :p) For players to get the powers they must simply kill enough players (can be configurable) but the more players you kill the more powers you can get, but i don't want the powers too easy to get, it should be something you have to grind for. Players can also kill players and sometimes (not very important) they when they kill a player they receive a nether star that can be used to upgrade their powers.

Here are some of the abilities:

Smoke: can shoot wither heads, fly for a short period of time (double jump) (and don't take fall damage when they hit the ground (this is for all the powers)) they can also perform a super jump that lets them take out multiple targets at once >:D When they perform these attacks the effect that would come from them would be the smoke effect and maybe a little fire mixed in.

Neon: Can shoot/throw enderpearls that do damage. they can also do a double jump, they can run really fast for a few seconds (few second cooldown) And also get a type of super jump attack. When they perform these attacks they get the enderman effect.

Video: Can shoot snowballs (that do damage), have double jump (cooldown of a few seconds), when double jumping can fly really fast for a very tiny amount of time, Their main attack spawns a few charged creepers above them (like 2) And the effect will be the crit effect and the enchantment room letter effect.

Concrete: Can shoot eggs (that do damage) Has a double jump but also has a magic carpet made of stone (only last for a few seconds and has a cool down) The effects will be sparks and crit.

Note
    Since this is pretty big i was gonna suggest that multiple people could work on this and upload their edits to github, but if someone would like to go solo its fine :p

Ideas for commands:
    /imc help - shows them all the commands.
    /imc get <PowerName> (for op's probably)
    /imc upgrade (would maybe open a chest GUI and let them spend their Nether Stars to upgrade their powers.
    /imc stats - Would show them how far away they are from their next power.
    /imc clear <PlayerName> - Would clear the specified players powers (reverting them back to having none)

Ideas for permissions: player.canread. Set it to false if they can't read this post.
    imc.getpower
    imc.upgrade
    imc.stats
    imc.clearpower

When I'd like it by: 4-5 months, maybe more.
    I know this seems like a lot but it would be so fun if someone would try making this :D Now i'm just hoping no one steals the idea D:

2. Offline

Desle

Killergod101
    I think it's best to create a new ability for the double jump, since it doesn't make sense that multiple abilities have double jump. It's not like it adds up and allows triple jump.
    I might start making this for you, today =)

3. Offline

Killergod101

:eek: your awesome! Ill think up some new abilities instead of double jump, but i do wanna make it sorta like the game ;)

4. Offline

Desle

Killergod101
    So wait, is this a minigame? I didin't know InfamousMC was already made.. I thouht it was just something inspired by a different game, that had abilities.. I'm not sure if I want to make this then. Minigames take long =/

5. Offline

ennepik

It is inspired by a real game, Infamous Second Son (PS4).

6. Offline

Killergod101

No its not a minigame its more of a RPGish thing, No lobbies, none of that

And there is no plugin based off of infamous, so i thought this could be the first!

Anyone think they could give it a try? I'm willing to help as much as i can.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  7. Offline

rfsantos1996

I was thinking on using something like that on mine Bukkit server (infamous based) but I don't have ideas on how to use this fame thing on a RPG thing that doesn't envolve a MMO style of killings mobs on a map repeatedly.

More like a PVP + economy thing...

8. Offline

Killergod101

I was thinking, to level up/get new powers you had to kill players not really mobs

9. Offline

rfsantos1996

Yeah, I'm just not into making skills on Minecraft

10. Offline

Killergod101

How else would you have it?

11. Offline

Desle

Killergod101
    Ok, starting on it.

--

What would a levelup do for each power? Increase damage? Range? Height?

--

Right now, I'm making Smoke (Shoots firecharge), Neon (Shoots enderpearls), Video (Shoots snowballs) and Concrete (Shoots eggs).

I'll also add the skill Doublejump and Walljump.

12. Offline

Killergod101

Get enough kills and you can get a new power, so you would start out with: Smoke, Neon. Video, and then Concrete.
    And make it so it requires quite a few kills to actually level (get a new power). You can also (rarely) receive a nether star from killing an enemy that you can use to make attacks stronger, so maybe it would open a little GUI and let you click the nether star on one of the items in the menu and it will say 1/5 , or something like that. Ill post a picture of what i mean.

How's it looking?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  13. Da_Pepsi_Monster Seriously, grow up. You have posted this on a ton of threads. If you think you can do anything with VariableTriggers or Skript, I want you to go create me Essentials or WorldEdit with VariableTriggers/Skript and PM me a download link.

14. Now why would I do that? I am simply posting that on any plugin request that I can CONFIRM can be made using VariableTriggers or Skript. Obviously I am not going to spend days or weeks of my time making something for someone, when they can make something with a "ALL-IN-ONE" plugin in a matter of minutes. I made a full skript for my kit pvp server, with over 1700 lines of script, in less than 2 hours, 1 1/2 of them spend scripting it, 30 mins debugging and improvements.

15. Offline

Desle

Killergod101
    I finished the GUI, meaning I just need to add.. levelup and the abilities themselves. I'm worried though, about 'boosting' with friends or alts..

16. Offline

Killergod101

Your right, what would you suggest we should change it to?

17. Offline

Desle

18. Thats probably because you can't code, and just spam on this forum... Why are you still here?

19. Offline

Desle

GravedigginSearchBar
    Why are you not leaving that behind, and move on? Since I'm pretty sure that conversation was already over, so no need to start it again, for no reason.

tylerthecreeper1 and timtower like this.
  20. Offline

Mathias Eklund

This is a good idea. But what about refilling/changing of power? How would that be handled? If it is even something you considered having in. xd

21. Offline

Desle

22. Offline

TGRHavoc

Desle
    For the changing of power, you could have a hashmap that holds the players' name and their selected power...

23. Offline

Killergod101

Maybe for refiling power they could use beacons, so when a player finds a beacon it should be on, but when they drain it the beam disappears. I don't know if they should be manually placed or randomly generated in the world, but make it so players have to mine it to refill their power (But without getting the drop).

24. Offline

Killergod101

25. Offline

Desle

26. Offline

Desle

Killergod101
    Tried starting again, but I am having an issue where people can exploit the chest gui.. it'll trigger, even though you don't put it in the slot. It's not my fault (pretty sure), but something wrong with Bukkit

27. Offline

ZOO231

Wow! This is really amazing, great you can make this!

28. Offline

Killergod101

Desle ahh yes i have come across this problem before...i don't really know a fix