Individual Block Protection

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iMint, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Offline

iMint

I have looked all over Bukkit but can't find this mod. I have found many block protection mods, but all the ones I've seen are just a radius. For example, "/protect <height> <width>".

But what I am looking for would go a little more like this:

- Type the command "/blockprotect add <area name>"
    - Left click on each block that you want protected
    - Type the command "/blockprotect save"
    - The blocks you selected will be saved under the name that you input with the first command.

Permissions support should also be put in to the plugin, like this:

blockprotect.protect - protect blocks
    blockprotect.break.* - break any blocks, protected or not
    blockprotect.break.<area name> - break a specific block area. For example, if a series of blocks are protected under the name "tower", then if somebody has the permissions node blockprotect.break.tower, then they will be able to break the tower.

Thank you in advance, and if you need any help on what I am asking for please ask.

2. Offline

codename_B

Have you had a look at BananaProtect?

3. Offline

iMint

I certainly have, however BananaProtect protects every block placed. I want something where you can manually select each protected block, after it has been placed.

4. Offline

codename_B

That seems very labour intensive for large areas.

5. Offline

iMint

Quite. However, this plugin request is intended for smaller areas, which is what I need it for, and larger areas can be managed as well if needed, but I am asking mainly with the intention of protected a smaller area of blocks.