[INACTIVE][TP/FUN] SimpleSkylands v2.0 - Tap into the vast skylands world [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by desmin88, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Offline

desmin88

Presenting SimpleSkylands: A plugin for a simple skylands world​
    SimpleSkylands allows you to create and teleport to a Skylands world (Aether). SimpleSkylands is easy to use, just drag n' drop into your plugin folder, and your done!​
    Commands:​
    /ssk skylands - Teleports you to skylands world​
    /ssk back - Teleports you back to default world​
    Features:​
    Make skyland world​
    Teleport between worlds​
    Loads spawnpoint chunk for smoother-teleportation​
    Changelog:​
    v2.0:​
    Making file plugins/SimpleSkylands/config.yml with nothing inside it will teleport you to main world spawn when jumping off islands.​
    v1.0:​
    Releasing SimpleSkylands​
    Todo:​
    Nothing.​

monsterwol, Vortix and woodzy like this.
  2. Offline

po24

@desmin88
    i did it. (permissions lol)

3. Offline

rollinroll

I love your plugin but it would have been even more awesome if you could make it so that you get warped back to the normal world if you jump off an island, or you could make it an option.

4. Offline

sddddgjd

love your plugin :)
    but PLEASE add an option to disable the command...
    you see,i built a portal there,so i no longer need the command,but people on my server still use it!

5. Offline

woodzy

LOVE THIS i think if i take whitlist off for 2 days and repost ill get flooded!!

6. Offline

VGFreak97

2 bugs I found: Time is off, the sun doesn't move and the night doesn't spawn mobs..

7. Offline

Selib

Hey
    Theres already a Build 863,where can I download this
    Im getting many Errors with SimpleSkylands

8. Offline

Raqn

OP, would you be able to work on getting the skyworld decent?

Day and night cycles + mobs would be nice if its possible.

9. Offline

desmin88

@VGFreak97
    Not a bug. Time is supposed to be off, and only chickens spawn, it's hardcoded
    @Selib
    Look in the thread, I gave a link
    @Raqn
    The skyworld is 'decent'
    Skyworld is hardcoded to not have day/night cycles and only chickens can spawn.
    I can't do anything about it. My plugin just provides you a means of access to Notch's unfinished world.

10. Offline

Raqn

Fair enough. A feature that may be cool however, is when you fall into the void, you could teleport to the spawn location of the world.

So instead of using a command to get out, you just jump. I am sure my members would like it, as would many other people.

11. Offline

Aweb

12. Offline

Raqn

13. Offline

Aweb

14. Offline

Mathew Alden

Very cool plugin... but I was wondering...

Could you make it so that a glowstone portal light with fire will teleport you? or is that client-side?

15. Offline

WaterFalcon

yay! my friend keeps bugging me for this. thank you.

i don't like the bed thing in the other plugin, so this is perfect. thanks :)

for the future, if you want to, could you make it so that if you fall into the void, you will end up in the normal world. this would be great.

16. Offline

desmin88

17. Offline

WaterFalcon

awesome thanks

18. Offline

Zaros

It would be nice if /ssk returned the usage, all it does is return an error... :confused:

19. Offline

zorro300

good plugin
    but could u maybe at night
    now no mobs spawn and no night comes
    greetz

20. Offline

luztospooge

I got one thing you can add :p Epic plugin but can you pls try adding either new mob entities or some lovely new ores or blocks
    Thanks

21. Offline

Reterg

That would require a client mod as well.

22. Offline

Avous

@desmin88

could you make portals work with this? as in say... make a nethergate but instead of lighting it on fire you i dunno pour water in it from a bucket then the portal fills with water and can teleport you there and you can make one there to teleport you back.

23. Offline

Grrrr159

How about Permissions Support?

24. Offline

Raqn

@desmin88
    A question. Notch will release the skyworlds in a few weeks/months in 1.8. They will be VASTLY different from this he has said.
    The question is, will you continue updating this?

25. Offline

desmin88

@Raqn
    I will continue updating it until Notch puts out support for Skylands

26. Offline

Raqn

But the skylands notch does will be GREATLY different from the one your plugin is (He has said so in his blog) and this is a rough alpha build of the skylands.

When the skylands is released in 1.8, the world I have ATM wont be compatable with it. So will you continue supporting this so I have 4 worlds (nether, alpha skyland, normal, new skyland)

27. Offline

Prof.X

Thanks Desmin88!

28. Offline

desmin88

@Raqn
    Sure I will, however the alpha skylands may be removed from Bukkit code and I won't be able to do anything about it. As of now though, I will update it.

29. Offline

Raqn

@desmin88 Thats all I can really ask for. If the worse comes to the worst I can just import buildings in. I will be asking the bukkit devs to leave this in. My server seriously all thanks you for this plugin.

30. Offline

Paradox256

Can it be made so to get back to the normal world, you can jump off the islands like in the other skylands mod? This one works for me fine but the other mod gave me a bunch of Java errors upon entering the world.

31. Offline

desmin88

2.0 released
    If you make this file 'plugins/SimpleSkylands/config.yml and make it blank, you will be teleported to the main world spawn location when falling into void, or jumping off islands.

@Paradox256