[INACTIVE][SEC] Honeypot rev 6 - Honeypots (griefer traps) for Bukkit [677]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Argomirr, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Argomirr

[​IMG]

Honeypot - Honeypots (griefer traps) for Bukkit [677]
    Version: revision 6
    Author: Argomirr

A plugin that allows Op's to create so called "honeypots," traps to identify and take care of dishonest players.
    Using the /honeypot or /hp commands you can turn any block into a honeypot: if a griefer tries to break it, everyone online will be alerted and the violation will be logged so an admin can take action, and optionally, Honeypot can kick or ban (MCBans) said player automatically. The block will be replaced, the trap reset - ready to catch the next griefer before he knows it.

For example, you can place a little shrine with valuable blocks such as gold near your spawn, and turn them into honeypots. When a griefer logs in, sees nobody around and decides the shiny blocks on that shrine would look so much better in his house, he's already given himself away.

DylanP made a video that shows very nicely what this plugin does: click here to watch it.

Features:
    • Plug 'n play - just drop Honeypot.jar in your plugins directory, and you're good to go
    • Identify and take care of dishonest players (almost) entirely automatically
    • Very easy to use
    • Full logging of honeypot violations
    • Configurable via a .properties file
    • Supports MCBans and Permissions
    Download - mirror

Source Code

How to use
    To install Honeypot, drop Honeypot.jar into your plugins directory, and run the server once. The plugin will generate a new directory, plugins/Honeypot, where you can find the honeypot violation log (honeypot.log), the properties file (honeypot.properties) and a file used to store honeypot data (list.ncsv).

Open honeypot.properties with your favorite text editor and make any changes you want, then run your server again.

A little note: if you wish to enable the ban feature, set the kick feature to false. Note that you need to have MCBans installed in order for banning to work.

You can apply the following permission nodes if you use the Permissions plugin:
    If you don't, it will default to Op's only.

You can now log in and use /honeypot or /hp (Op's only, at this time) to start the process of making a honeypot. You will now be prompted to right click a block with the tool you specified (default: wooden axe) to create a honeypot. You can select any block, but it's recommended you choose a shiny block - something a griefer would want to break - and make sure it doesn't look like an obvious trap. (A single diamond block in the middle of nowhere looks somewhat suspicious, don't you agree?) You can keep selecting blocks until you exit the honeypot creation process by entering the /honeypot or /hp command again. To destroy the honeypot, simply have any Op break it and the block will be dropped as normal.

Congratulations, you've set up your honeypot! You can set up as many honeypots as you like, but keep in mind that this system was not designed to be used as an area protection plugin, so don't apply /hp to every block on your house.

One more thing: honeypot data will automatically be saved once the server stops, but you can also apply a manual save by using /honeypot save or /hp s to prevent data loss in case of a server crash.

Updating
    If you are updating from revision 1, 2, 3 or 4, you should delete your honeypot.properties file and run the server once to generate a new one. Some new settings have been added and the settings file needs to be updated to reflect those changes.

Changelog:
    Revision 6:
    • MCBans 2.8.x compatibility (Honeypot will still work with older versions of MCBans)
    • Fixed a bug that canceled honeypot creation if you hit a block that is already a honeypot
    Revision 5:
    (Download - CraftBukkit 617/670)
    • Added date and location of honeypots to the log file
    • Made /honeypot toggleable to ease the process of creating multiple honeypots
    Revision 4:
    (Download - CraftBukkit 602/617)
    • Updated code for latest recommended CraftBukkit build #602
    Revision 3:
    (Download - CraftBukkit 544)
    • Added an option to disable notifications to all online players
    Revision 2:
    • MCBans support (experimental)
    • Permissions support
    Revision 1:
    • Initial release
    And thanks to godsyn for the idea. (Sorry I didn't mention you before, it slipped my mind.)

2. Offline

iMattxC

928 broke it :(

3. Offline

andune

Oh? running RB #935 now and I'm not aware of it being broken. Of course, I haven't tested a HoneyPot lately. But no obvious errors in the logs.

Well I'll test it out to be sure, and thanks for the reminder, I'm going to start a new thread for this plugin so I can get it out of the INACTIVE graveyard. Will get new code and .JAR posted to a new thread tomorrow night.

4. Offline

iMattxC

gave server null error on first start. Maybe ill try again.

Code:
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial]>01:11:09 [INFO] Honeypot: Permissions plugin found, using that.
    >01:11:09 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Honeypot v6 (Is it up to date?): com/firestar/mcbans/mcbans
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/firestar/mcbans/mcbans
    at com.argo.bukkit.util.BansHandler.setupbanHandler(BansHandler.java:20)
    at com.argo.bukkit.honeypot.Honeypot.onEnable(Honeypot.java:47)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.firestar.mcbans.mcbans
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    ... 12 more[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][SIZE=12px][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

5. Offline

andune

This plugin was designed to work with mcbans for the auto-banning feature. It's complaining because you don't have mcbans installed.

It's entirely possible you may just be able to ignore this error and Honeypot will go on working fine (I'm not sure, I've never tried), but note that you for sure will not be able to auto-ban without mcbans installed. And without and autoban, kinda defeats the purpose of the Honeypot, unless you just want a notification about it, which of course you can do too.[/code][/quote][/code][/quote]

6. Offline

iMattxC

[/code][/quote][/quote]
    I do have mcbans installed though? The most recent version? Maybey you have an older version of mcbans and the new mcbans breaks honeypot?

7. Offline

andune

@iMattxC

Most recent version I know is 2.9.1f which has been that way since 733. I'm running it and Honeypot works fine. What version of mcbans are you using?

And to get this out of the inactive bucket, I've posted a new thread that I will keep updated and use to maintain the plugin through future Bukkit versions:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-honeypot-v0-7-935.23936/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  8. Offline

iMattxC

I am using a version not posted on the main page. its a dev build made to fix campatability with 900+ builds. I think build 935 fixed the plugins not starting up correctly though so ill try going back.

9. Offline

willyb311

I really need some help with getting honeypot to work. I installed the plug-in, followed the instructions above and every time I type /honeypot, it just displays it on the screen and nothing happens. I know its not loading, but I can not figure out what may be causing it. I have played with permissions, names on the ops list, restarted over and over and tried different users and still nothing :-/ Here is a snippit form the log file and any help would be greatly appreciated!

2011-10-03 18:38:09 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Honeypot v6 (Is it up to date?): com/firestar/mcbans/mcbans java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/firestar/mcbans/mcbans at com.argo.bukkit.util.BansHandler.setupbanHandler(BansHandler.java:20) at com.argo.bukkit.honeypot.Honeypot.onEnable(Honeypot.java:31) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:920) at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:278) at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:173) at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:156) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348) at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.firestar.mcbans.mcbans at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

Of course, right after I post this, I figure it out... Never mind :-P

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016