[INACTIVE][SEC/GEN] PasswordProtect 0.3 - Password protect your server [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DisabledHamster, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Offline

DisabledHamster

PasswordProtect - Password protect your server
    Version: 0.3
    CraftBukkit Build Tested: [766]

PasswordProtect forces non-ops to provide a server password that you set before they can move around, build, use commands, do stuff on the server.
    You can set a server password using the /setpassword command, and set a "jail" area they can walk around in by going somewhere and using the /setpasswordjail [radius] command.

Features:
    • Protect against griefers and unwanted people by setting a password to your server
    • Users won't be able to move outside of your jail area, build stuff, break stuff, use items, drop stuff, use any commands etc until they've given the password
    • Password can be changed without reloading the plugin, and commands work in the server console, of course
    • Ops will be asked to set a server password when they first join after installing the plugin (or when one isn't set). Default "jail" will be the spawn block, with no room to move around
    • By default, ops are not required to give the passwords themselves. This can be changed using the /opsrequirepassword yes|no command
    • New: Support for TheYeti's Permissions plugin
    Commands:
    • /setpassword <password> - change the password users must use to play on the server
    • /password - used by non-ops to give the password when they join, tells you the server password if used by a server op
    • /setpasswordjail [radius] - set the area that users will be stuck in until they give the server password. This will be where you are currently standing, with an optional radius of blocks in all directions (allowing people to eg. walk around in a house without touching anything, before they're allowed to build)
    • /opsrequirepassword yes|no - set to yes if server operators should have to give the server password before playing/using commands, too
    Permissions:
    If you're not using TheYeti's Permissions plugin, PasswordProtect will use the built-in op/non-op for permissions. Only ops can set the server password, change the jail area, and retrieve the password using the /password command. Only users are required to give the password when they join (configurable with the /opsrequirepassword command)

Otherwise, the Permissions nodes are as follows:
    • passwordprotect
      • passwordprotect.setpassword - can set server password
      • passwordprotect.nopassword - is not required to give the server password to play
      • passwordprotect.getpassword - can get the server password using the /password command after logging in
      • passwordprotect.setjailarea - can use the /setpasswordjail command to set the spawn jail area
    Screenshot of the plugin in use (1.3_01 shown in screenshot, but works on 1.4):

[​IMG]

- Download now (PasswordProtect.jar)
    - Source (Github)

Changelog:

Version 0.3
    • Support for TheYeti's Permissions plugin (still works with stock op/non-op)
    Version 0.2.5
    • Updated to work with the latest CraftBukkit recommended build (612)
    Version 0.2
    • New feature: Optionally, server operates may be forced to provide the server password, too (see /opsrequirepassword command)
    Version 0.1
    • Initial release

Nerdvana and po5 like this.
  2. Offline

Xin_TiGeR

this is a nice simple ideia!

one time i got the whole map griefed by a trusted user, i thought it very strange, one day to other he just snaped and decide to destroy everything.. it was his litle brother who enter is account and started to mess around after all :/

3. Offline

Joeyy

This is one neat plugin from you Moofish, although I think I have already seen this before?

4. Offline

DisabledHamster

I couldn't find any similar plugins!
    There was one with a complete user system for use in offline mode, but not one like this IIRC...

5. Offline

Joeyy

I see. Maybe its that plugin you were talking about though, idk ;). Really neat plugin once again.

6. Offline

DannyLAGZLOL

Finally a login protect for my server, not for offline-mode servers !
    i thank you sir !

7. Offline

KrisEike

Cool stuff!

8. Offline

Flascher

is there any ability to make it so that OP's have to set a password also? In case the server is in offline-mode I would like us to have our protection also.

9. Offline

DisabledHamster

I updated the plugin - you can now force ops to use the password, too (they still don't have to by default)

Use the /opsrequirepassword yes|no command to enable/disable this feature ;)

10. Offline

Flascher

Why thank you kind sir :) I appreciate the quick reply. I'll definitely be using this.

11. Offline

contex

Just an idea: you could use OnPlayerChat instead of commands :) Meaning the player just needs to type the password in the chat (instead of using the command).

12. Offline

LilleKlump

Can you do so that those who are non-op will have a password and those who are op gets another?

13. Offline

tiCeR

can you make it work with the latest CraftBukkit Build ? thx

14. Offline

Skylerwjacobs

Also is it possible for you to make a User-set password for each player? This plugin is good, but leaves room for regular players on the server to access OP accounts. Or possibly a password for regular players, and able to make a different password for OP?

15. Offline

CMCPLstone

I'd like to see Permissions support. Possible?

16. hey when i try to put up a password or a jailarea it says "/setpassword password"

17. Offline

mfnalex

it's not yet compatible with latest bukkit :(

18. ah i see :/

19. Offline

mfnalex

this is too bad, i need a working version for build 617 :'(

Code:
    2011-04-03 12:06:57 [SEVERE] PLAYER_ITEM loading PasswordProtect v0.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAYER_ITEM
        at com.disabledhamster.bukkit.PasswordProtect.PasswordProtect.onEnable(PasswordProtect.java:43)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:514)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:94)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:72)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

20. Offline

DisabledHamster

@mfnalex / @Spownkie: Just updated the plugin to work the latest CraftBukkit build ;)

@CMCPLstone: If one more person wants support for the Permissions plugin, I'll add it

Having a user-set password would change the purpose of this plugin a little, and would give server admins more to do when users forget their passwords :/
    Also, this plugin will NOT allow regular players to access op accounts. Why on earth would it do that?!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  21. Offline

mfnalex

thanks for the update! and permissions would be nice :)

oh and could you make an option to set the global spawn point to the password jail? so that anyone who dies or sth. spawns in the jail?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

22. Offline

DisabledHamster

@mfnalex: Just use the regular /setspawn (from Essentials, IIRC) to set the spawn point... I don't think this plugin should be more important than the proper, admin-set spawn point

As for permission support... I can add that in pretty quickly, but then everyone would be forced to have the Permissions plugin on their server... and not everyone will.

Maybe I could maintain two versions? One using Permissions, one without?
    Actually, there might be a way to "optionally" use Permissions... I'll do a bit of testing

Got it working in about 5 minutes... tested and working nicely.

I've updated the plugin, it now supports the Permissions plugin (see original post for Permission nodes), and if the Permissions plugin isn't enabled it'll default to the old op/non-op permissions.
    :)

23. Offline

Skylerwjacobs

well around my school is floating around MinecraftSP. Anybody can type in a username and appear online on a server (OP powers and all if entered a username on the list). therefore griefers who know the "password" set for all members, could easily get ahold of an OP username.
    Also do not quite see how a seperate password for OP would change the purpose of this plugin. (my server was running AnjoSecurity before the update, this allowed for passwords for each player to be set. But, passwords for all non-op players was set the same, while op accounts had a different password.)

24. Offline

DisabledHamster

This plugin is not to protect offline servers, which is what you're wanting to achieve. Search the forums for "login system" to find a full-blown user/password plugin, which is what you're looking for

25. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

GREAT!!!!

What's about multi-world?!

Edit:

Should work, shouldn't it?!

26. Offline

DisabledHamster

Yeap, should work fine. Just use /setpasswordjail to set the spawn area while in the other world :)

27. Offline

ClichedBluefish

Can u update for Craftbukkit Build 660?

28. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

Hey,

please, please add the following!

A config with the ability to turn on or off, if players, who haven't entered the password, are able to chat and use commands!

(Example, the user's which are new, have to type "/rules", and there is the password in, when they enter the password they accept the rules.)

Please, please add this!

BEST plugin ever!

Greets

29. Offline

Piebuy

When i download this plugin i get a rar file with no .jar file inside! Help plz?

30. Offline

ClichedBluefish

Do you plan on updating for 733?