[INACTIVE][RPG] VAMPIRES v0.1: 'The Thirst' (135)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by tkelly, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Offline

tkelly

VAMPIRES v0.1: 'The Thirst'
    Download Vampires v0.1

This is a proof-of-concept and will be developed over time to be a more complete plugin experience.

This plugin creates a new race of players with its own set of strengths and weaknesses.
    It can be used with or without an RPG server setting, and only have it applied to specific groups/users.
    Vampires will fear the day, but triumph the night.

STRENGTHS
    - 4x damage with hand combat.
    - Receive health (suck blood) back when using hand combat or a rose.
    - Receive no fall damage
    - Vampires can use a Rose (right click) to unlight themselves from fire.
    - Mobs don't target Vampires (Not yet implemented, need to put an event into Bukkit)

WEAKNESSES
    - Vampires burn in sunlight
    - Vampires burn in too high of a light level (standing on top of a torch or lightstone block)
    - If a player hits a vampire with a stick, it's an instant kill
    - Vampires cannot go in water (be prepared to build a coffin boat)

PERMISSIONS/GROUPS
    VAMPIRES can work fine as a standalone plugin. However, using groups (with Permissions) can make it even better.

As a default, using the command /vamp will toggle your vampire status. This works with or without Permissions.

There are two permissions you can give users/groups.
    vampire.command - Allows the player to switch their group using /vamp
    vampire.vampire - The player will be automatically put in the vampire group
    (and a secret group vampire.notvampire) - Used to stop admins from always being a vampire

THE FUTURE
    This is a preview release. I wanted to see what everyone thought and see what direction people wanted this to go. So feel free to suggest/comment on what there is.

Some things I'm planning on adding:
    - Mobs not targeting Vampires, event added to Bukkit
    - Vampire-Resistant items
    - Vampire spreading (after the bite)
    - Sparkly vampires just for @kexus
    - Sun protection (pumpkins?)
    - Custom on/off messages
    - Sending (not spawning) mobs to attack particular player

awem, XTIAN and wolfboy494 like this.
  2. Offline

z0mbi3

This is an awesome idea for a plugin. I actually had a really similar idea about a week ago that I did a big post on reddit about. I'll link and post what I wrote here:

Ok so here's my idea for a Vampire monster type. It would be a green skinned red eyed monster that has a percentage chance of infecting you with Vampirism when attacking. It only comes outside at night, but can be found in mines during the night or day.
    Now if you get infected you get a health buff, jump higher and hit harder, but you take burning damage from sunlight. This would instantly flip the game upside down as you'd now have to run to the safety of your mine before the sun rises or dig yourself a grave and wait it out.
    Even with the damage buff, I think night time would still be too difficult with all the nasties spawning, so I propose that undead creatures (so skeletons,zombies,ghasts and vampires) do not attack if you're infected. To make it a bit more interesting I think an NPC Vampire hunter who fires a stake bow should be introduced. The stake bow should do 40% damage if it connects with an infected player wearing no armour or another NPC vampire. At the same time the player should be able to craft a stake bow to attack other vampires.
    Ok so somewhere in all of this you need to be able to cure Vampirism. I propose that to do this, you need to kill an Elder Vampire who would drop a black heart. The black heart can then be cooked with a slimeball to give you a vile of cure that can be consumed to make you a normal player again. Elder Vampires should be about as rare as a Slime and only spawn in mines.
    After being cured you have a lower percentage chance of getting infected with Vampirism in the future, so you still have the option of going through the quest to get cured again.
    So that about sums it up, I think it would add a new aspect to the game as well as a flexible quest you can embark on.
    tl:dr: Vampire monster attacks you, and there's a chance you can be turned into a vampire. If you get infected you get a health/damage buff but take sun damage. Undead creatures don't attack you, but a new monster type of vampire hunter does attack you with a stake bow. Vampirism can be cured by killing a rare Elder Vampire and cooking his/her heart with a slime ball and drinking the result.

Originally posted: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/faq4b/i_had_an_idea_for_vampire_monsters_in_minecraft/

Don't know if any of those ideas are good to you?

3. Offline

Tigerslay

how do i do this: vampire.vampire - The player will be automatically put in the vampire group
    Detailed information plz, im not good in this :D

4. Offline

Caziban

You know what will make this the best plug-in in all of Minecraft? (I'm being serious, too.)

Instead of keeping this as "Vampires/Werewolves etc." plug-in:
    Go for a "Customizable Racials" approach. Seriously, you'll be the God of RPG servers if you can give us the ability to create own own customizable classes. You could approach this by giving us something incredibly similar to "Permissions" where we could create/name/and assign certain "abilities" to certain groups, like:
    -Damage when exposed to light
    -Damage when exposed to darkness
    -Damage when touched by water
    -Health regen when touched by fire
    -Ability to super-mine through the earth
    -Ability to spawn mobs

It's seriously possible. There's a lot of these plugin-s that offer these features, but there isn't a plug-in that strings them all together in a nice little "RPG-Ultimate" pack. Really, I imagine every RPG server would be using this.

You'd bring WoW to Minecraft.

fofogogo23 likes this.
  5. Holy crap, tkelly, if you could do that, that would like... like... that would totally re-make the Minecraft online experience! That would be so amazing. I second this. Please tkelly, if you can, do it! I'm ready to donate if you do :D

6. Offline

Naphtaline

Hmm... If a vampire can live in the night and will die in the light, it would be cool that they can see in the dark and/or night.

7. Offline

Nuckchorris

One word, DIY. The OP hasn't updated this to work with the current version in weeks, which versions of bukkit it does work with aren't listed. So if you want this mod, your either going to have to wait for OP to update it, or DIY.

8. Offline

Raserisk

Are there any other mods that have races/classes like this one since the OP is apparently abroad at the moment.

9. Offline

LucidCraft

Thank you for your work on this Tkelly!

I have an entire community on my server very excited about a vampire faction right now. Because of this, I have a lot of ambitious ideas for you, but to be fair, I'll just present a more reasonably executed one. There are already a lot of great and ambitious ideas previously stated by others. : )

If its not too much trouble, can you make it so we can toggle these abilities on and off, individually, through a config file? It would be great if in that config file the itemID for applicable functions would be configurable as well. For instance, changing the stick ID to the gold sword ID would be preferable for my application.

If anyone else knows of a plugin with similar permission friendly, toggle-able attributes, please feel free to contact me. I've seen plugins for the sun dmg and no fall dmg, etc... but nothing else with health leeching, increased melee strength, item-specific on-hit death, and water dmg.

I am also looking forward to something similar to Caziban's recommendation, but appreciate this for what it is as well of course.

Thank you.

awem likes this.
  10. Offline

Sroxah

Is this still broken on new versions?

11. Offline

ToitagL

Can we hope for an update ? :)

12. Offline

tkelly

Yea, with any extra free time I get, I'll be working on transforming this into a general "Races" plugin, so that you can make multiple races customized with whatever powers you want. So you could make a vampires race (or maybe it'll be a preconfigured race) or whatever else you could think of.

LucidCraft, awem and ToitagL like this.
  13. Offline

ToitagL

You have NO IDEA of how much I'm awaiting for this. You juste made my day. Thx.

14. Offline

blodyblack

i dont know why it wont work but i cant write /vamp please help i got no premissions i dont have any pluggins but this one!
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 9:22 PM ---
    i write /vamp nothing happends

15. Offline

dak393

I really hope tkelly gets some free time to work on this been a while without an update

16. Offline

tkelly

Yep, me and another dev have begun to work on the 'Races' plugin. There are a number of more Vampire plugins out now, so that could satisfy your thirst for that specifically, but hopefully we'll get the new plugin out soon.

Sroxah and dak393 like this.
  17. Offline

dak393

But I want your amazing work :D Good luck on the plugin how far along are you?

18. Offline

dak393

Hey tkelly you should contact cyklo, he just made a armor power up mod that included many nice features and stuff that would be good to have in the races plugin

19. Offline

jor956

The plugin won't load for me:
    Code:
    2011-05-28 22:36:28 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\Vampires.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: me.taylorkelly.vampires.Vampire.()
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:170)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:194)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:101)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:218)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:205)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:145)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:265)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

20. Offline

dak393

This thread is Inactive please don't post here. This plugin has been inactive since version 135 and seeing as we are now in the 800s it will not work.

21. Offline

jor956

I noticed that.