[INACTIVE]RedeemCodes V2.8.3 Iconomy Support![766][support CButD]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jordanske, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Offline

cpuman

what about once per player? meaning you can make a code and have it where every player can use it one time. so you can use it as a christmas gift for the whole server or something, especially if you only want them to have only one of the item.

2. Offline

jordanske

thats that option for in the redeem.config if its set to true code can be used once per player
    if false a player can use it unlimited!
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 5:21 PM ---
    Added iconomy Support!
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 8:49 PM ---
    any feedback for iconomy support?

3. Offline

Phanku

CB# 263

1) Could you please change the statement to say You or Your instead of 'U' and 'UR'?
    2) Still get "something wrong with the code" at the end of "congratulations, the code was correct! ur gained items! something wrong with the code"
    3) I don't think the true and false in the config file is working as users still can redeem the code multiple times.

Just friendly feed back!
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 12:13 AM ---
    Maybe I just miss understood. Maybe we should be only using the IConomy Version?

4. Offline

jordanske

if u have iconomy use iconomy build else the normal
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 12:14 AM ---
    gonna fix some stuff now
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 12:33 AM ---
    i think its fixed now can u test it for me?

5. Offline

Phanku

Sure I will.. testing now.

6. Offline

jordanske

7. Offline

Phanku

Still testing but do have a feature request.

Maybe I have missed it already but is there a way to list all the codes?

8. Offline

jordanske

yeah i can add it now
    little 10 min i think :D

9. Offline

Phanku

The code now works for one use per person.

For iConomy support:
    CB#263

I might have the syntax wrong. Please let me know if I do.
    The command should be.
    /code <code name> ic <uses> <amount of iconomy money>

If that is the correct syntax then I got this error.

2011-02-07 20:07:43 [INFO] phanku tried command: code ict ic 2 10
    Feb 7, 2011 8:07:46 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to RedeemCodes
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijikokun/bukkit/iConomy/iConomy
    at com.bukkit.Jordanske.RedeemCodes.newRCPlayerListener.onPlayerCommand(newRCPlayerListener.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:143)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:214)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:601)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:574)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:71)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:288)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:210)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

10. Offline

jordanske

i uploaded v2.4 with /listcode i gonna change command in min (conflict with essentials)
    when i do /code icc ic 2 10 it works fine u have installed iconomy latest version?
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 1:22 AM ---
    in 2.5 i change /listcode to /lcode
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 1:23 AM ---
    oops a little bug in /lcode gonna fix it now

11. Offline

Phanku

Updated iConomy (Sorry, I didn't see the b on the end of 2.2 in the iConomy title)
    Testing now.

12. Offline

jordanske

fixed /lcode in v2.6

13. Offline

Phanku

CB#263
    iConomy 2.2b

when I type /lcode I get:
    2011-02-07 20:36:21 [INFO] phanku tried command: money
    plugins/SignEdit/SignEdit.Saved (No such file or directory)
    Feb 7, 2011 8:36:29 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to RedeemCodes
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.bukkit.Jordanske.RedeemCodes.newRCPlayerListener.onPlayerCommand(newRCPlayerListener.java:209)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:143)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:214)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:601)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:574)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:71)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:288)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:210)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    I am really confused on the line in bold as I don't have that plugin installed.
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 1:40 AM ---
    Lol.. just refreshed the page on post.. let me get the new version.
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 1:45 AM ---
    I did not test the teleporting functions but I would if you would like me to.

Beautiful. No errors found. Everything seems to be working correctly.

Nice job!

FYI I'll post what this is currently working with so you know.

CB# 254

Permissions V 2.0
    SlowHealth V2.3
    SearchIds V1.2
    Uptime
    HeroicDeath v1.1.2
    AfkKick B2
    PvP Control v1.1
    WorldEdit v3.2.2
    General v2.1_211
    MagicCarpet V1.4
    iChat v1.5
    WorldGuard v3.2.2
    KiwiAdmin v0.4
    Calendar V1.15
    MsgReply V1.3
    MyHome v1.8
    rTriggers v0.5

Thank you for your hard work.

14. Offline

jordanske

ok ty :D i think the tp will work :p

15. Offline

Phanku

Once again your a coder with golden fingers and a diamond personality.
    I wasn't planning on using the teleport part of this plugin but after seeing it work (and it does work), I probably will use it.

It works beautifully.

Keep up the good work!

16. Offline

jordanske

again thanks :D
    and nice spoken :D
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 2:06 AM ---
    so everything looks Ok. i gonna watch the movie "watchmen" and then sleeping :D like to see more suggestions for tomorrow!
    and im working on my own server trimbocraft , maybe some people remember this server from last year :D it comes Back! and dedicated!
    if people wanna meet me in minecraft. u can already join the beta of trimbocraft its not 24/7 but here
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 2:08 AM ---

17. Offline

Phanku

I have one for you already I thought of.

Not sure how how it would be to implement.
    Random items.

Okay hear me out first.

I am kind of thinking grab bag but with items.
    This will sound like a kit but kits are set items and quantities.
    These would be random.

Here is an example.
    User one logs in and sees a sign that says, "Get a random grab bag. Type /redeem getMeBag"

He types /redeem getMeBag and gets a diamond shovel, and a diamond helmet.

**of course this would be a one time only thing**
    User one types /redeem getMeBag again and gets denied.

User two logs in, sees the sign, and types /redeem getMeBag and gets a diamond shovel, and a pumpkin.

User three logs in, sees the sign, and types /redeem getMeBag and gets a pumpkin and a stack of golden apples.

Now for admins and or users with permissions to set up the codes.

The admin would type something (just suggestions here) like /code create getMeBag random 200 2.
    Syntax translation in case I'm not clear. /code create <codeName> <type> <number of uses> <number of random items and amounts the redeemer will get>.
    I am suggesting this format as it doesn't force the "admin" to enter all the items in one long line. Once again just a suggestion.

Then after that the admin could type something like /code getMeBag additem <item id> <amount>.

The admin then would be able to type that as many times ass needed until all the random items and amounts are in.

Then user wanting to redeem the code types in the code the user would get (based on the example) two items/amounts from the list the "admin" had attached to the redeem code.

Well that is my two cents. Some of the uses for this idea: Random starter kits, random grab bags, Item Lottery(if you can figure out how to get the money from the players).

=)

18. Offline

crameep

Is there any way we can get this to work with a mysql database or any Plans to add that feature?

19. Offline

jordanske

no it saves everything in files.

20. Offline

crameep

I'd be willing to donate for this mod to have mysql storage, would be freaking AWESOME!

21. Offline

jordanske

ok ill put it in my todo list :D i never used mysql storage in java but i will figure out :D
    --------------
    TrimboCraft Whe are almost back configure server and we have a Badass Dedi Server! with Badass Internet!
    [​IMG]

22. Offline

4am

I'd like to see this be able to output a file (or into a database) so that my website can hand out codes instead of it being generated by an admin in-game (forum awards, codes for donors to my server fund to redeem, etc). Can you make a simple output file in JSON format or something similar?

Also, I'd like to see some kind of method for this to be able to change a players' assigned groups or permission nodes (now with Permissions plugin, and soon when Bukkit's permission system goes live). That way, I can assign codes for ranks, or access to commands, etc.

Could be nice if you also provided an interface for callbacks to other plugins - that way I can build my own plugins for Bukkit that are compatible with this and a code can trigger basically anything!

23. Offline

Nipper

Is there a way to make it for the person can only use the code once. aka a site giveaway. Like anyone who uses the code can only use the code once per account.

24. Offline

jordanske

thats that option in redeem.config

25. Offline

NEO

The ability to make a code have multiple uses seems pointless unless the multiple uses are limited to 1 use per player? Even so what stops a player from giving out the code? For example I place the code on a sign at the end of a very long tough dungeon and make it usable 5 times. The player could use it once and give the code to 4 friends.

Suggestion, allow codes to be redeemable by signs where when you make a sign you place the code on it you have made and it hides the code so the sign can be right clicked to use the code but the player never actually knows what the code is.

26. Offline

jordanske

Nice idea :D gonna make it
    ex:
    -
    -[redeem]
    -[ code]
    -
    right click it and code dissapears but still works with that code
    or:
    code doest dissapear and make a option that code can only be redeemed by signs,

ill try to make it but don't have much time last days..

27. Offline

4am

Why use codes then? Why not just have a treasure chest with an item in it? Why not just have a plugin that triggers a script like SignCommands from hMod? Is there really a need to have a code if it's just going to be hidden?

28. Offline

NEO

The point being there is an option to have codes and hidden codes. This feature would not take away anything from the plugin.

Another plugin would be unnecessary when there is one pre existing that can more easily be changed then actually making or porting another plugin. If you had a treasure chest with an item in it people could set there home in that room and come back when the chest was refilled. You could eliminate /home but that would be a big change just to have a prize at the end of the dungeon. Besides that, admins dont have time to run around checking chests to see if they need refilled. Using sign commands the code would still be visible and one user could pass the code along to others. Sign commands hasn't been ported yet either, Autonomy is busy with school so its been delayed.

I spend my time thinking a request through before I make it. If there was a better way I would be using it.

29. Offline

4am

It seems like an unnecessary request that is outside the scope of what this plugin attempts to create in order to fulfill your immediate needs. What is the point of having a code generated to give to a user that you then do not give to a user? Perhaps I think it would be convenient for Bukkit to be able to check my email while I play but, I'm not going to make the request that CraftIRC add it as a feature, do you see what I mean? That just seems like feature bloat to me.

I think you need some type of plugin that can trigger actions or scripts when the user clicks a sign or other object.

30. Offline

NEO

Well the method used to accomplish my suggestion may not be the best one i still believe the request falls into the scope of this plugin. My main point in making my suggestion was that people could exploit the codes by giving them away. In my opinion I think this limits what you can do when making codes. I believe the ability to have codes that can be used multiple times should have an option to prevent them from being given away by users who find the code. It does not make sense to have 1 person beat a dungeon and give the code away to 4 of his friends because the code has 5 uses. His friends should be required to complete the dungeon to receive a prize. The solution that I came up with involved signs. Perhaps it is not the best solution, but it is a solution.

Your wrong when you say it is based on my immediate needs. This is a suggestion of a feature that I wouldn't mind having in this plugin that i use. There is no immediate need. I'm sure multiple people would enjoy the feature to have codes that cant be given away by other users. The plugin author seems to have liked the suggestion, if he would have declined it I would have had no problem with that.