[INACTIVE][MISC] True North - Find your way! [304]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mjmr89, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Offline

mjmr89

True North - Find your way!
    Version: 0.1

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

This is a very simple plugin that points your compass north instead of at the spawn point. I always thought it was really weird that it always points at the spawn point, so I'm fixing that.

It may need to be recalibrated from time to time, though I think that time would be after several thousand units East or West (hooray for trigonometry! ).

Commands are simple:
    * /TrueNorth : points the compass North
    * /TrueSpawn : points the compass to the spawn point

I'm very open to ways to improve this so please let me know how you think it can be improved.

Changelog:

Version 0.1
    * Release

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Offline

QQCucumber

This is assuming the sun rises in the North in Minecraftia, correct? Most map renderers as well as the minimap in MrMMods seems to follow that.

3. Offline

mjmr89

Unfortunately, the minimap in those is wrong. Well I guess not technically, because you could say the sun rises in the "North", but I'm using North as real-life north. Which I think would be the minimaps "West".

4. Offline

QQCucumber

It's not really usable then. c10t and MrMMods both use the same north, I'd like to add a way for my players to navigate according to both. This would be a bit too confusing. :(

Maybe you could add a configuration file that lets you designate which direction is north?

Option 0 could be in relation to the real life compass. Option 1 could be our real life compass rotated 90 degrees (clockwise). Option 2 could be our real life compass rotated 180 degrees, and option 3 270 degrees.

5. Offline

Afforess

The spawn IS north. Your spawn point represents the magnetic north pole. Changing it will only confuse people who rely on the compass directions to get things done.

6. Offline

panderiz

Please upload somwehere like dropbox so you can post a direct link. Downloading through here and uploading through ftp is a tad bit of a hassle.

7. Offline

WMisiedjan

Mediafire is also a good uploading/storage site.

8. I prefer dropbox. It provides a more direct dowload experience.

9. Offline

Thorgil

Or you could upload on mediafire, get the direct download link for the pop-up, create a tinyurl for that, and get a tiny from-the-forum direct download.

10. Offline

Brack

I was under the impression that clouds always flew North. I just look up. =P

11. Offline

SpaceManiac

As far as I know, clouds flow north and the sun and moon rise in the east and set in the west (like real life). C10t uses this measure of north as its up direction, at least in my experience (though many mapping tools have north facing left).

12. Offline

Code:
    2011-03-02 14:02:26 [WARNING] Using the stupidly long constructor com.bukkit.mjm
    r89.TrueNorth.TrueNorth(PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File, File,
     ClassLoader) is no longer recommended. Go nag the plugin author of TrueNorth to
     remove it! (Nothing is broken, we just like to keep code clean.)
    Just nagging :)

13. Offline

elibelash

Would be really nice if you would 'use' with right click on the compass and it would switch from spawn to north and else..
    also it would give a message Compass changed to True North/True Spawn Point

14. Offline

DontMakeWaves

I would like to use this plugin. Please update it for the latest recommended build. Thanks.