[INACTIVE][MISC] ShatterGlass Plugin - Glass breaks when fell on at high distance [617]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Canownueasy, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Canownueasy

ShatterGlass - Glass breaks when fell on at high distance​

This plugin breaks glass when you fall from a certain distance.​
    The plugin will generate default properties (shatterglass.properties).​
    You may edit them (such as the distance required for fall, turn on sending a message when it breaks, and enable debugging)​
    Change log:
    Version 1.4:​
    • New efficient system which has a delay formula to calculate the time of shatter.
    • You now fall through multiple glass blocks depending on the distance jumped.
    Version 1.3:​
    • Added debugging (useful for developers) which is also toggeable
    • Redone property-loading system
    Version 1.2:​
    • Added (property-changeable) message on glass shatter.
    Version 1.1:​
    • Created properties file which you can change fall distance.
    • Edited default distance to 5.
    Version 1.0:​
    • Base, with 3 distance.

2. Offline

Gea

I know I could download and check this, but for issue of clarity towards future users, what is the default fall required to break the glass?

3. Offline

Canownueasy

5 :p So if you fall 5 or more blocks onto a glass block then it shatters.

4. Offline

Gea

Well I am going to add it to my server and test it. I know this was a request so on behalf of everyone I thank you for your hard work.

Edit: lol I just tested it. A silly effect, but functional. To others that wish to know. You fall on it, take the damage, then the glass quietly poofs.

5. Offline

itlahic

Nicei added it to my server im going to make some cool traps

6. Offline

Juze

7. Offline

Forecaster

So if you fall 10 blocks you break 2 glass blocks, and if you fall 15 blocks you break 3 glass blocks etc?

8. Offline

forty_two

Have you thought of including fall damage modification in this? (like a fall that breaks glass gives less damage than a regular fall of the same distance)

That might be a little too much complication, but it could be interesting.

9. Offline

Forecaster

Also, it would be a lot more awesome if you'd hear the 'shatter' sound when the glass breaks, instead of it just silently disappearing. :3

10. Offline

Canownueasy

Yes that would be very easy to do.

I've held a discussion about this and we are trying to logic a way to send a packet from the server to client in order to simulate real block breaking :D

11. Offline

Plague

please update to latest RB

12. Offline

tha d0ctor

can you make this so it works with ICE too please?