[INACTIVE][MISC] JMod v1.2 - Everything you want (and I can do!) [225]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zero9195, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Zero9195

JMod v1.2

Everything you want! (and I can do!)

(Tested with CraftBukkit-Build: 225 and higher)
    This is a Server-Mod, developed by me! And my friend, who has some creative Ideas. His Name is Johannes so we call this Mod JMod. Now something more worth your Interest:
    Download latest here
    Old Versions: v0.1, v0.5, v1.0

Functions:
    • Easy Building
      • You can Build some easy Buildings:
      • Tower 1: Just a straight Line up in the Air
      • Tower 2: A Tower which goes up in a Spirale, so you can walk on top of it
      • Straight Line: Just a Straight Line of Blocks. It's a bit buggy at the moment, have to fix that.
    • Elevator
      • You can Build Elevators, which get triggered by Gold Hoes.
    • Gravesigns
      • Everytime someone dies, a sign is placed with the Death Data.
    • You can now configure what feature you want to use! (Note: The YAML file looks a bit weird, but it works. If you have problems, I can make your configs.)
    • Proper explanation of all Functions: Scroll DOOOOWN!!!
    • More is coming soon!
    To-Do:

• JSpleef
      • An Extension for my Plugin for easy Spleef!
      • e.g. Timer for countdown, Gamemasters who can Start Game, Easy Block destroying,...
    • Enhance Elevators
      • Call Button; prevention to get to depth or to high
    • Maybe more Buildings
    • Some things I don't know yet (or maybe I do?)
    If you have any Ideas, post them here. I'll take a look at them and if they are possible I maybe Code them. And if you want, you get something like Credits for the Idea ;)

ChangeLog:
    • v1.0
      • Added GraveSigns
      • Added the straight Line
    • v0.5
      • Enhanced Elevator (Only moves if nothing is in its way)
    • v0.1
      • Release of Plugin
      • Elevator added
      • Tower 1 added
      • Tower 2 added
    Here is a Explanation of how you can use the functions:​

Easy Building
    It's as easy as placing a Block!​

Code:
    Straight Tower

/jmod tower1
    /j t1

Spirale Tower

/jmod tower2
    /j t2

Straight Line

/jmod straightline
    /j sl

After that you get a message that everything is ok. Now place a Block where you want your Building. The Spirale Tower will use the placed Block as the middle, there is nothing. you could Place a Straight Tower in the middle of the Spirale Tower to prevent falling down there. The Striaght Line just makes a Line out of Blocks in your hand.​

Elevators
    It's as easy as placing 12 Blocks!​
    You can Build an Elevator like this:​

[stone][stone][stone]
    [stone][gold][stone]
    [stone][obsidian][stone]
    [stone][stone][stone]

Where the Gold-Block has to face north. You need something like a wall where the Elevator can move up and down. Somewhere around the Elevator, doesn't matter where.​

Now, after you build the Elevator, you can trigger it with a golden hoe. Right-click the Gold-Block to get 2 Blocks higher. Right click the Obsidian to get 2 Blocks down.​

GraveSigns
    These are just some Signs placed when someone dies. It says R.I.P. and the name of the Dead. Enhancements will follow soon!​

Have Fun!​
    Zero9195​

2. Offline

EvilSeph

3. Offline

Gigon

4. Offline

Zero9195

I will take a look in that, Gigon, and will edit my Thread to match the Requirements ;)

EDIT:
    Does it meet the Requirements now? Added external Download Link and CraftBukkit build. Is still something missing?
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 5:56 AM ---
    I push t up so you don't forget to look at this Thread ;)

5. Offline

Selbram

You title still needs to be updated.

6. Offline

Zero9195

Oh yeah totally forgot that ^^" I think everything is fine now.^^

I started to make a new extension for the Plugin, its called JSpleef and everyone who knows what Spleef is will be thankfull for that. I wanted to include something like a Timer, Gamemasters who can Start Games, Ranks, etc. Wish me the best of Luck that I found everything I need xD

Have Fun!
    Zero9195
    --- merged: Feb 4, 2011 3:37 PM ---
    Update to 0.5!
    And push so Admins recognize it (again) xD

7. Offline

Anoniempje

I remember an adventure mod that would leave grave stones exactly where you died.
    Players spammed that shit everywhere.

I would like that the dead players generate gravesites in a predetermined plot of land. With a sign with their name.
    Extras:
    Time of death
    Rmouse teleport to location of death.

Ppl ask for a challenge what to build quite often.
    So a plugin that when a player does /challengeme
    It will spout something like

"Only use wood tools, all other tools are deleted when you touch them"
    "Only come out at night because you burn during the day"
    "No mining"
    "Create a waterfall"
    "No swimming, you die if you hit water"

8. Offline

Zero9195

Gravestones! Great Idea ;) Should not be that hard, will take a look in that today :)

I don't really understand what you mean. Is it something like a challenge to build something with special conditions? Nice Idea if so, but at the moment I have some problems saving some Variables which I would need here so maybe it will took some time do do something like this ;)

9. Offline

Anoniempje

nah, just some random things to say when some one issues a command

when player uses command create response with random things
    Build a %thingy% with only %block OR %item
    Do not %action (at %time)

Then it picks a thingy ( church, house, shoe, spider, hat)
    and picks a random block or set of blocks and/or items

Or picks an action (walk, run, swim, mine, use %block, use %item, jump)
    With an optional time (Day night sunset sunrise)

Im not a programmer but what i know of php, things like that should be possible in any language

And if possible actual punishments.
    For example if there is a no swimming at night
    kill them when they do or spawn them back out of the water

No walking during day, make them burn

No iron items make sure they cant actually hold iron items in their hands
    etc etc

10. Offline

Zero9195

Something like makeing Life harder? When I get all the other Things to work, I will try this^^ Can't be so difficult to do that^^

11. Offline

Anoniempje

yes, making life harde, adding a challenge, but it can be as simple as build a house without cobble to as difficult
    as dont walk in the sun or swim and only use wooden tools.

12. Offline

Jekotia

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but your plugin aims to do a lot that is unrelated. One of the amazing things I've seen more and more common with Bukkit plugin development is a higher level of modularity than we had in hMod. Currently, I can pick one of a few Warp plugins, chat mods, etc, and they do just that. The plugins focus on one thing, do it amazingly, and don't bundle in extra features that you would want from another plugin that does it better. The server I admin on, for example, will NEVER use Essentials because it bundles in very basic Home and Warp functionality, and we'd rather use MyHome and MyWarp without the unnecessary overhead of Essentials loading features we don't use.

Just something to consider. Your plugins will be far more useful if you break apart unrelated features into separate plugins. It would be awesome to see a well made dedicated spleef plugin, or one for the building generation.

13. Offline

Deano

Exactly. Couldnt have said it better. Except I do like some PACKS" but only if they work 100% most of them dont.

14. Offline

Zero9195

Thanks for the criticism ;) I thought about spliting them, too. When I'm a bit more familiar with Java and Bukkit I will make settings to enable and disable the features, and if it are too much split them up. the Spleef plugin will be a single plugin, so don't worry^^ But I have less free time so it could take a few days or weeks...

Have Fun building strange things,
    Zero9195

15. Offline

Zero9195

I updateed my Plugin. Now we have Gravesigns! Just as Anoniempje wanted them!

Have Fun with them ;)
    Zero9195

16. Offline

Pencil

I'd love to use your gravesign plugin, but the other features that come with Jmod are way to OP to give to everyone and the fact that you don't support permissions nor is there a way to disable/enable parts of ur plugin makes it worthless to me :(

17. Offline

Anoniempje

Sweet! but indeed permissions is a factor that needs adressing. Can't have any one building towers on a whim :)

18. Offline

axebyte

I agree i would use the grave signs just for a kick but all the extra bloat without permissions i really cant use. So if you ever break it down into smaller plugins give a heads up.

19. Offline

eleven0x7

"Everything you want! (and I can do!)"

(Please do not respond with this attitude) - Silentspy

20. Offline

Pencil

Where are your plugins? (Please keep language clean) - Silentspy

21. Offline

Anoniempje

Cocky? Imo its nothing more than a request for ideas wrapped in a subtitle.
    And that's in limited by his skills. which seem obvious since no one can be better then them selfs.

22. Offline

Zero9195

Right now I'm trying to get a config file working. there you can enable and disable every single feature. I will break them later on.

Wish me luck
    Zero9195

23. Offline

Zero9195

So now, the Configs work! Sorry that it took so long, but I had to do much things for school. You can now choose which Feature you want to work and which won't. If problems occure, don't be afraid to ask ;)

Have Fun with the Plugin!
    Zero9195

24. Offline

thej1990

It says "cannot read config.txt" and it appears on my screen even in single player, is there anything i can do to fix it or get rid of it? thanks for the mod btw.

25. Offline

Zero9195

Oh öhm... What did you do? This is a SERVER Mod, you can't use it in Singlplayer... so something went definitly wrong. Where have you placed the .jar? And even though, I haven't updated it to the newer versions yet. So it will not work wih new craftbukkit builds.