[INACTIVE][MISC] BananaMapRender 1.6 - generate a flatmap image render of your world [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Offline

codename_B

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BananaMapRender
    a lightweight dynmap alternative - fater than ever

Features:
    • Player names and faces on a map
    • ZOOMING!
    • Gorgeous map rendering
    • Monsters on a map
    • Monster spawners on map
    • Signs on map if the first line of the sign is [BMR]
    • Shows time of day
    • Super light on resources
    • Super fast rendering
    • Full multithreading support
    • Worldguard Regions
    • Worldborder borders (circle and square)
    • Permissions support
    • Configure everything the way you want it
    • MultiWorld support
    • Toggleable icons
    [​IMG]
    Version: 1.6
    Download: Download Link
    Commands: /bmr [value between 1 and 4] /bmr length
    Example Render: Here

Instructions: These assume that you are running BukkitHTTPD as the web server on your host. If this is the case you don't need to change anything. Otherwise, please configure the correct directory for your web server install.

• Place in plugins/ folder along with all the included libs and extra folders in the zip. The plugin will not create its own if these do not exist!
    • Start the server, then type bmr 1 into the console - wait for this to complete then continue running your server as normal!
    • Players will automatically generate the entire map over a period of weeks as they explore it, but if you wish, you can forcefully render areas of the map using /bmr in-game.
    • Navigate to http://yourip/worldname/
    • If you wish to have certain signs displaying on the map - have the first line of the sign be
    Code:
    [BMR]
    this
    is a
    sign
    Some more information:
    • The plugin keeps each 512px tile for 1 hour after creation. After this they are flagged for updating, either by your players as they wander around your map, or by you using /bmr [value]
    • Each bmr value is equal to (mcregion file+1)^2 so be careful when using large values as bmr 10 renders over 5k by 5k tiles!
    • The plugin will print a report when it is done rendering. It will look something like this.
    Code:
    2011-08-04 14:31:37 [INFO] Map rendering: 1 1 DONE
    2011-08-04 14:31:37 [INFO] Rendering complete: Took 190s to complete : 288 chunks rendered in total

Live Examples:

[​IMG]

Credit Where Due:
    • clone1018 for minotar.net
    • Nijikokun for suggestion I use leaflet as the map system, and for the css and coding help
    • Demonen for all the testing and for writing a couple of functions for me
    • All the folks on the United Banana Empire for being super patient with me as I tested this plugin
    • Protected for doing a complete rewrite of some of my code for 0.3 - thankyou so so so much - I don't know what I'd do without you on my team! ^^
    • K900 for all his anti-noob nyan work :)
    Coming soon: progress on GitHub

• Fun filters (not done)
    • Fix wierd chrome bugs (possibly done)
    • Flash based site (partially done)
    Changelog:

• 0.0.1 - 01/06/2011 - released privately to beta testers.
    • 0.1 - 04/06/2011 - released publicly after adding lots of shiny features.
    • 0.2 - 06/06/2011 - implemented multiworld and added more entities.
    • 02.1 - 07/06/2011 - implemented biomes, changed mob formula, changed how ice looks to be more "icey" added sign and mob spawner display.
    • 1.0 - 09/06/2011
    • 1.1 - 15/06/2011 - added all sorts of anti-noob nyanerry - thanks K900!
    • 1.2 - 19/07/2011 - removed NMS references - increased performance - hopefully fixed sign bug
    • 1.5 - 04/08/2011 - new index.html - new rendering method - new chunksnapshot method increased performance - decreased lag
    • 1.6 - 16/08/2011 - reordered rendering logic, cleaned up memory leak, took out the cat, introduced the neighbors to my girlfriend, slowed down rendering so you don't even notice its happening when the server is running. Also it's a lot prettier.

2. Offline

Seta

is there really no port configuration? :confused:

3. Offline

codename_B

Not only that, there are no ports. I don't know what you think this plugin is - but it isn't that.

UPDATE: 1.6 release date!

16/08/2011 6:00pm GMT

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

cyberdude

Thanks for notifying, I came here to check if there was as any talk about the next release. What will the 1.6 release contain? Will it contain live player position?

5. Offline

codename_B

1.6 release notes:
    • introduction of experimental flash renderer (not close to finished) previewed here
    • introduction of new rendering technique previewed here
    • fixed memory leaks present in 1.5
    • code cleanup + logic reordering
    • extreme memory usage improvements (BMR 10 is now possible on a 128mb server, eventually)
    • performance improvements
    1.6.1 coming soon(ish):
    • customizable tilesize
    • more prettification
    distant future:
    • live player updating (if I can get it to work to my satisfaction)
    • in-game chat viewable from the web (if I can get it to work to my satisfaction)
    • more fun stuff for the flash renderer

6. Why don't you schedule the flash renderer more behind? I think it isn't a must-have feature (I wouldn't use it btw) and it only slows down the whole developing process. So why not releasing the flash renderer with 1.7? :)

7. Offline

codename_B

It's an option that some people will want to have - and it's nowhere near finished - I'd just like to have the alpha out there in the jar to get feedback on etc. It's not being released as a finalised feature. It'll be in the BMR/alpha-preview/ folder along with a couple of other treats.
    I don't see how you think it's slowing the developing process though - I'm not even working on it - another guy on the #bananacode team is :p

8. Offline

cyberdude

@codename_B
    Thank you :).. I will be watching this. But right now I have to opt for dynmap, can't wait to see more of this, you seem to be very focused on low cpu and memory usage, which I like.

9. Offline

codename_B

Is it live player positions you're waiting for?

10. I didn't know that, but even then the power the other person gives to it could be used elsewhere... :D But the last statement wasn't serious, of course I got you're point and now I'm waiting for monday... :)

11. Offline

codename_B

You mean Tuesday :p

12. Offline

cyberdude

Yes ;)... But in your case, that would probably also mean live mob position? It doesn't really seem appropriate to have live player position if the mobs are not moving either. If that was available, I would use this. It's lightweight, also as for functionality, I don't need different renders and all the other things dynmap supports. But hey, take your time. Better get it right than get it wrong. :)..

13. Offline

codename_B

:D thanks for the support.

14. Lol, right, "Sa" and "So" look almost identical in my desktop font. :D

15. Offline

Seta

i already realized yeah ;)
    The idea is amazing, yeah i would love to use lighthttpd for my map... but my hoster dont allows webservers... (i know thats lame)

16. Offline

Twisted420

this is a good plugin but it has a memory leak i have 1.5 gigs of memory dedicated to my server so i know its not because i dont have enough ram

17. But BukkitHTTPD is no webserver, it's a bukkit plugin with integrated web server... So maybe.. :D
    BTW: If BukkitHTTPD + BMR is a webserver, dynmap should be one, too... :p
    Wait for 1.6

18. Offline

Seta

i think you dont understand me, i have no shell access to my server. So i cant install an external webserver to parse the map. But thats what the map does need, or? ^^

19. You sayed it: Or...
    Have a look at BukkitHTTPD which is a web server as a bukkit plugin! You configure it like any other bukkit plugin, no need for ssh access to the machine! :D

20. Offline

Twisted420

then i assume this is a known issue, would there be an eta on 1.6?

22. Offline

RogerWilco

Yay. Actual examples that work. All the other links you have of live examples don't do anything for me.
    Things like http://crowbarticklefight.servegame.org:8085/craftyserve/belchknife/ don't seem to work for me. Both look nice. Scrolling in the second one is very jittery on the Apple Magic Mouse, on the Flash one it doesn't do anything at all and I have to use the slider to zoom. The speeds are very nice.

I'll try this version again, if the memory crashes are fixed.

I have one more question. I ran this plugin for a day before my server crashed due to the memory error. It generated a couple of .png files and a players.js in the HTTPdir/world and world_nether directories. It didn't generate a png for each area that players visited, just for a few. And is players.js the only file that is needed? I would have guessed something like index.js, index.html, index.php or similar would be generated. I haven't tried feeding the HTTPdir I set to the webserver yet though. Is this what should be there? Some png files and a players.js?

23. Offline

dirkson

We're getting this:

[05:13:34.606] missing } after property list @ http://map.dirkocraft.com/players.js:1

We suspect BMR is disliking one of the players' names. Any way we can get that fixed?

24. Offline

Twisted420

Thanks for the info

25. Offline

jycs

Owned by Dynmap !

26. Offline

codename_B

So anyway, I'm pretty sure I just released 1.6 ;)

DamienMine likes this.
  27. Offline

codename_B

28. Don't we see the same?
    [​IMG]
    What are these white lines/squares?

29. Offline

DamienMine

Hey Codename_B, sorry I'm late but will test the new version this day or tomorrow. Thanks!

Edit:
    Ok, I was anxious enough to test it right away, and it works perfectly! Shows active players, shows the entities I want it to show, no problem right now. Thank you so much! IF anything bad should happen I'll report.
    Donation coming your way.

30. Offline

codename_B

:D
    That's caused by using plugins which eat up your ram (not this) and paging to disk, when you page to disk you get those horrible lines on a render.

What plugin set do you use?