[INACTIVE][MISC] AbsorbPlugin v2.1 - Chests, furnaces, dispensers and jukeboxes absorb items! [818]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by robin0van0der0v, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Offline

robin0van0der0v

AbsorbPlugin - Chests, furnaces, dispensers and jukeboxes absorb items!
    Version: v2.1

Features:
    If you throw a item on a chest/furnace/dispenser/jukebox the item goes into them.
    Download AbsorbPlugin!
    Source is inside the jar file.

Known bugs:
    Sometimes a duplication bug is triggered.
    If chest/dispenser is full then the item disappear.
    If a furnace is burning you can't throw items inside.

Properties:
    This plugin creates a properties file on Plugins/AbsorbPlugin/config.yml. ;)

Standard properties:
    Code:
    dispense:
        furnace: true
        dispenser: true
        chest: true
        jukebox: true
    absorb:
        furnace: true
        dispenser: true
        chest: true
        jukebox: true
    specialblock:
        furnace: ''
        dispenser: ''
        chest: ''
        jukebox: ''
    (Specialblock means that if the chest/furnace/dispenser/jukebox stands on that block they cannot absorb any items and cannot powered by redstone.)

Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    • Release.
    Version 1.1
    • Fixed duplication bug.
    Version 1.2
    • Dispensers also absorb items, except the front of the dispenser.
    Version 1.3
    • Added furnaces.
    • Renamed plugin.
    Version 1.4
    • Changed namespace.
    • Added jukeboxes.
    • Added redstone.
    Version 1.5
    • Increased range.
    Version 1.6
    • Added properties file.
    Version 1.7
    • Fixed PLAYER_MOVE NullPointerException.
    Version 1.8
    • Fixed chests.
    Version 1.9
    • Removed check if the chest is full, it was to buggy.
    Version 2.0
    • Properties file is now saved in YAML format.
    • You can setup now multiple specialblocks separated by a comma.
    Version 2.1
    • Fixed a memory leak.

kahlilnc likes this.
  2. Offline

Juze

You make far too many plugins xD

Awesome one indeed again, no more client mods required. :)

3. Offline

robin0van0der0v

Added dispensers. :)
    If you throw an item on an dispenser (not on the front) then they absorb it to. :)

4. Offline

h0us3cat

Can you add "suck" radius like dropchest plugin does?
    dropchest plugin is kinda bugged for me.

5. Offline

vincemonkey

That would be very nice indeed!

6. Offline

Redwind

I would love if you could make so that a furnace - when it finished heating something it - dispensed the item out - with this you could actually make a small factory line :confused:

person throwing off raw materials onto a furnace (metal for instance) the metal now heats and gets - dispensed a direction - where it hits a hole dropping down onto a dispenser/storage

i would squeel if that could be made o.o

7. Offline

robin0van0der0v

I was working on something similar. ;)
    If you power a chest then everything gets dropped and if you power a furnace then the content gets dropped. ;)

8. Offline

jonathanyc

Thank you for your awesome plugin!
    It's so simple, yet so useful at the same time!

9. Offline

Redwind

nice - now if the forges also sucked in and stacked items then it would be THE manufator plugin for me :D

how you mean power a chest ?

10. Offline

asdaarg

Awesome stuff, if you add that suck and drop direction can be specified, I'm switching over to this plugin. Neither dc nor minecart mania does this.

11. i like you plugins!!! [​IMG]

12. Offline

Aryan Eells

Can we expect to see a plugin allowing for powered furnaces to expel their contents anytime soon?

13. Offline

robin0van0der0v

Added jukeboxes, if you throw an record on a jukebox then the jukebox absorb it (but it dont play the music).

And added redstone, if you now power a chest then all the contents are dropped, if you power a furnace then it drops its output and if you power a jukebox then the record will be dropped! :D

14. Offline

pixartist

unfortunately this mod ticks so slow, that items in a water flow won't be sucked in, since they might be out of range when the chest checks for items. Can you maybe increase the tickrate ?

15. Offline

robin0van0der0v

Increased range. :)

16. Offline

pixartist

could we please make a box not suck in objects when standing on a certain block?

17. Offline

robin0van0der0v

I'm adding it. :)

18. Offline

Lareneon

How does this affect server performance? It sounds great but I don't want to add any lag.

19. Offline

Kartus

it exists a similar plugin DropChest, where you can give names to it and change radius and with permissions and limit radius with permissions. your's advantage is that it is flat on all chests, furnaces... but i ask then how's about performance?

20. Offline

robin0van0der0v

It makes a loop every 3 seconds along all dropped items, then checks if there is any chest, furnace, dispenser or jukebox. If there is then it goes into them.

21. Offline

Kartus

Ok, Thanks. And which blockradius? I think important information to mention in OT. is it only directly ON chest or blockradius 1 or... ? probably you can make possible to set this in config file?

Probably a config to toggle chest, dispenser, furnace, juxebox ON/OFF.

juxebox doesn't need this feature. i think cause only CD's would fit into it and this use again some performance i guess. i would drop it from plugin.

22. Offline

robin0van0der0v

It checks the 9 blocks around the chest/furnace/dispenser/jukebox.

I'm already adding a config file, with this also included. ;)

23. Offline

MineralMC

Robin, this is a nice bit of polish to my ECO/Survival server, can you confirm the current version works with 602, please?

24. Offline

cyberdude

I am finding that items are not stocked in the furnace, this is such a shame, otherwise this is nice plugin, I prefer the simplicity on this over DropChest.
    Basically if the furnace has sucked in a Coal in the bottom, then it should suck in more coals and stack it. Also the materials that you want to melt should be stacked. Right now it only sucks in 1 item at a time which is rather annoying.
    Also it would be nice if/when you are adding configuration that it would be possible to set the furnace to drop elements while powered by redstone, and not just when flanking on, currently you have to power on and off constantly if you want the furnace to drop the elements it has burned. This could be done with a redstone clock circuit, but I am presuming that code would be much less resource hungry for this task.

25. Offline

2Bucks

DropChest is way too buggy for me and we need some sort of alternative
    Does this make EVERY chest suck up items? Is there any way to only make some chests suck?

26. Offline

jug007

Do it works with a protectet chest (lwc)?

27. Offline

robin0van0der0v

No, if you throw an item on a protected chest it gets absorbed. And if you place a redstone torch on the chest then all the contents get dropped. :(

28. Offline

Krabbjuice

Can I disable the redstone drop feature? I have dispensers for that.

29. Offline

robin0van0der0v

I'm adding a config file. ;)

30. Offline

cyberdude

Will you be adding support for the absorb furnace to absorb stacks instead of single items, in the next update?