[INACTIVE][MECH] TreeHugger v0.7c - fit trees to your needs

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MadMichi, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Offline

MadMichi

[​IMG]TreeHugger v0.7c

Do you find it annoying when you chop wood and all these leaves are hanging in mid-air?
    And why don't trees drop apples or leaf blocks?
    If you ever asked one of these questions TreeHugger is the plugin for your server!

[​IMG]

What is TreeHugger plugin?
    For now TreeHugger has following features:
    1. It can disable the automatic leaf-decay.
    2. It can spawn apples, golden apples, saplings and/or leave blocks where ever leaves are destroyed.
    3. It can slightly increase the amount of decaying leaves.
    4. It can slightly increase the amount of leaves destroyed by the player at once.
    5. It can drop the treetop. Chop all the wood out of a tree top and all clustered leaves (not connected to the ground or other kinds of blocks) will be destroyed. Now a whole tree can be dropped with all wood in it by destroying the trees connection to the ground.
    6. Harvest items only when user defined tools are in the hand of the player.
    7. Any type of block or item can be dropped if leaves are destroyed.

More to come... stay tuned for updates.

How to install TreeHugger?
    Download the TreeHugger.jar and put it into your plugins folder. After the first launch of the server, a properties file named TreeHugger.properties will be added to the folder "\plugins\TreeHugger\". Now you can configure as you wish and restart the server.

If you like you can also move the properties file to the bukkit root folder an delete the TreeHugger folder in the plugins folder.

Please delete old TreeHugger.properties if you install a newer version.

What is in the TreeHugger.properties file?
    The file consists of:
    destroy-all=true|false
    # Activate destruction of all clustered floating leaves. Leaves connected to wood / dirt / etc. won't be harmed.
    destroy-wood=true|false
    # Activate destruction of whole tree with wood if connection to the ground is lost.
    leaves-decay=true|false
    # Here you can activate/deactivate the new old automatic decay of leaves.
    faster-decay=true|false
    # Leaves decay slightly faster but drop less items. If leaves-decay ist false, faster-decay is ignored.
    player-destroys-faster=true|false
    # Player destroys more leafe blocks at once but drops less items.
    items-to-harvest=item id|item string, item id|item string, ...
    # Define tools that make harvesting the items possible. You can use item ids and strings separated by comma
    dropping-apples=[0.00-100.00]
    # 0% to 100% chance of apples dropping if leaves are destroyed.
    dropping-golden-apples=[0.00-100.00]
    dropping-leaves=[0.00-100.00]
    dropping-saplings=[0.00-100.00]
    # do i really have to tell you? :p
    #Append your custom drops as followed (without the #). Examples:
    #dropping-custom=dirt,1.5
    #dropping-custom=46,20
    #This would drop dirt with a chance of 1.5 percent and tnt (id 46) with a chance of 20 percent.

Changelog
    v0.1 Initial release.
    v0.2 Added validation for the properties file.
    Also the percent values take now float with two decimal places.
    v0.3 Two new settings in the properties file: faster-decay & player-destroys-faster.
    Fixed Bug where a percent value of 0 rewrote the properties file.
    Fixed Bug where only one of the desired items coud drop from one leafe block at a time.
    v0.4 New setting in properties file. DropTreeTop functionality.
    v0.5 Items drop correctly now if the tree top explodes.
    v0.6 New settings in properties file. Drop tree with all the wood in it. Harvest only with user defined tool in hand. Drop any kind of block or item from leaf blocks.
    v0.6a Fixed a bug where too many clustered blocks crashed the algorithm and spammed the server console with error messages.
    v0.6b Fixed a bug where no selected harvest tools lead to no item drops.
    v0.6c Fixex a bug where trees with snow on it wouldn't explode.
    v0.7 Slightly more trees do drop down at once. Properties file can now be in bukkit root directory or in "\plugins\TreeHugger" directory. Trees now drop from the first chopped log block upwards. Correct log blocks are now dropped (birch, dark). Thanks Nijikokun!!
    v0.7a Had to temporarily deactivate the correct drop of wood colors since errors with new craftbukkit release.
    v0.7b Wood colors reactivated.
    v0.7c Quickfix for MC1.3. Reduced tree drop count, hopefully less console errors now.

Todo
    - rewrite the drop treetop algorithm without recursion so that more clustered trees can be dropped at once
    - make all dyes droppable
    - try to make TreeHugger work with Permissions
    - option for treedestruction even if connected to other blocks
    - option to disable fast grow a tree with bonemeal

Known Bugs
    - console spams errors if many blocks are affected by TreeHugger functions - will be fixed when the first point from the todo list is done

Please leave comments / requests / bugs / hatemail / etc.

Special thanks to:
    Nijikokun, MarkusNemesis, QuantumAI and DjDCH and all the programmers who are dispensing their help in the development forum.

Also big thanks to the Bukkit-Team for their awesome work!

Very special thanks to:
    [diamond]Affecting_Nelas[diamond]
    for coding the new drop treetop functionality!

Greetz MadMichi

PoPsou, Ola and chibirubara like this.
  2. Offline

CyborgOne

what are your plans for update to cb 612?

3. Offline

TOAST7312

There is no available source to this, is there? Otherwise I'd ask someone else to pick this up.

4. Offline

jwshields

Hey, when I start up my 1.4 server running Bukkit 612,
    I get an error from treehugger,
    Code:
    03:30:33 [SEVERE] BLOCK_DAMAGED loading TreeHugger v0.7c (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: BLOCK_DAMAGED
        at com.bukkit.MadMichi.TreeHugger.TreeHugger.onEnable(TreeHugger.java:438)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:514)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:94)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:72)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

Just thought I'd point this out and hope it gets fixed..

5. Offline

Chekkaa

I love this plugin since I can make trees drop rare items like leaf blocks, sponges, lightstone, etc. I eagerly await a 1.4 update. :D

6. Offline

DeadLeaves

I also await an update for this lovely plugin.

7. Offline

MrManiek

Update ?

This work in 617+
    Only show the warning "is up date"
    but work!!

:)

8. Offline

Mochara

If this plugin doesn't work then you should look at the "Otherblocks" plugin as that can do the same thing and more.

9. Offline

flerndip

Does this work with 677? My users love it so I hope it does.

10. Offline

MrManiek

work witch (#714)

;d

11. Offline

Flobi

Anyone got a pointer to learn Java for a guy who knows classic ASP, PHP, SQL, JavaScript, PERL (a long time ago), a touch of C++? Wouldn't mind starting plugin creation myself. Maybe should be a new thread...possibly a different forum, except I'd probably start trying to write this (unless someone else got to it first). Maybe a link to "beginners guide to building bukkit plugins"? :)

I think there's a certain group of people, possibly o.c. who, like me are insanely driven to destroy floating tree remnants...and irritated by this drive to the point to search for a way to not have to deal with it.

12. Offline

leetgamer

13. Offline

Flobi

Sweet! You rock!

14. Offline

Gary Ervin

If there was some source I would try to pick this up, but sadly there is not. :(

15. Offline

Cultist O

does this still work? was there ever a fix for CocoBeans (or other dyes/wools), or is there another pluggin that does the same thing?

16. Offline

RugRats

Come back! :((

17. Offline

Verendum

how would i go about disabling leaf decay only in a certain region. I made a HUGE hollow tree in my server but the leaves keep falling down, i really could use some help.