[INACTIVE][MECH] TorchBurn v1.2 - Carry torches rather than placing them [556,565]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ryan Carretta, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Offline

kahlilnc

try to release it.

2. Offline

Kalemar

Awesome, thanks for working on it further. I like the idea of a timer for all torches :) (like what was done for oddtorches)

I just tested the release above and yup, can place torches while holding a lit one which is great.

One thing though, it seems to decrement the number of torches every time I scroll off a torch from my quick bar and auto lights when I scroll to a torch (which I like actually). I'll be doing a bit more testing with it to try and see if it is just my account.

Providing the issues I'm experiencing is not environmental on my part, all I'd need is for it not to decrement the torch number and it would be perfect for what I am after.

I figured out how to compile my own version and is working the way I want it (for now) but I'll be watching this space for future enhancement.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  3. Offline

ThreeDGuy I steal plugins as my own

May I continue this project?

4. Offline

mung3r

If you do, you're welcome to fork this decompiled source that I've been using for my on personal maintenance updates (it works with 818):
    https://github.com/downloads/mung3r/TorchBurn

Just give credit to the original author for creating an awesome plugin. Note that I am *not* the original author.

5. Offline

ThreeDGuy I steal plugins as my own

Yh, I know
    But do you think that I am allowed to do that ?

6. Offline

mung3r

I would 1) ask permissions from the author as a common courtesy. If you get a reply, then great. If not, then 2) go ahead and fork and say that you'll carry it on until such time the original author wants to become involved again.

Ryan Carretta likes this.
  7. Offline

matejdro

Any chance of settings to remove time limit and to keep torch lit even when you switch from torch?

I'm looking for something that will keep light when I'm building and this looks like it :)

8. Offline

Ryan Carretta

This may all be ancillary, as from what I understand, the latest MC update fundamentally broke this mod, but:

I'm happy people have found use for this long after I've stopped work on it. Anybody can feel free to fork the github source as is desirable and continue development on it. I would be willing to toss around ideas as well if you have any thoughts, via this thread or PM. If there are any really bang-up TorchBurn child mods that are stable and good, I'd be happy to put them in the opening post.

I haven't been active in the plugin community for a few months, but I think there are other plugins that may suit your purposes better (I thought there was one that functioned as a sort of 'light on a mining helmet' idea). When I conceived of this plugin, I very specifically didn't want people to run around with infinite torches or to be able to 'do things' with torches out. You can now make torches infinite by setting the burn duration to zero (assuming all the other authors who've picked this up maintained that functionality).

9. Offline

skyheero

I really like this plugin but it can't work on bukkit 1.2.5 R5.0.
    can someone teach me how to convert!!