[INACTIVE][MECH] TorchBurn v1.2 - Carry torches rather than placing them [556,565]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ryan Carretta, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Offline

emoknight

oh thanks got them mix up :)

2. Offline

PlannedBoredom

I'm sorry I totally missed those words I feel so stupid it works great now thanks man. 5/5 stars!

3. Offline

Ruinheart

Could you maybe make it so that the torch is on even when you switch to a different quickslot? because I'd like to mine with my torch out, or fight things.

4. Offline

LucidLethargy

Does this work with 600/602?

5. Offline

Ccory102

Using V1.2 it seems to be.

Did notice however that it doesn't show the damage bar count down.

13:30:49 [INFO] ccory102 lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    13:30:49 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'RCarretta' of 'TorchBurn' about the following: on
    PlayerQuit has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerQuitEvent)

Just curious why when I have the plugin off the spots of infinite day are still around? =P

Also I noticed that the half wooden blocks seem to always stay lit if you pass by them with a lit torch. Is there a reason that they seem to have a lot of trouble?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  6. Offline

LolHens

please update this cool plugin for 602

7. It already is - if you use ver 1.2 !

02:17:41 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'RCarretta' of 'TorchBurn' about the following: on
    PlayerQuit has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerQuitEvent)

errr..... apparently, I've to nag you about this ?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  8. Offline

LolHens

Cool! I think, it was because I had the unstable version.

9. Offline

Wolfy9247

It's already been posted but ya know:
    Code:
    [19:32:00] [SERVERE] Nag author: 'RCarretta' of 'TorchBurn' about the following: onPlayerQuit has been replaced with a new signature, <PlayerQuitEvent>

10. Offline

Imamoose

i dont seem to be lighting people on fire...

11. In the plugins folder, should be a torchburn folder, in there is the properties file. The default setting :
    SetFire=false
    You need to set this to true & restart your server .........

12. Offline

redJetpackNinja

Great job! Love the practicality of this mod!

13. Offline

BangL

1.2 @ 617:

Code:
    2011-04-05 06:47:16 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'RCarretta' of 'TorchBurn' about the following: onPlayerQuit has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerQuitEvent)

pls update :)

14. Offline

yottabyte

15. Could you add the permissions on the front page please? Just to make it easier for first time users to set up.

16. Offline

PPowerHouseK

I have used this plugin on previous versions, works great. Tried it on 617 and it doesn't work. Any chance we could get an update, pretty please?

17. Offline

FuzzeWuzze

Not to steal Ryans thunder but since he hasnt updated this yet i do have a forked version called Portable Torch using his lighting and a few minor tweaks for those interested that works on #612 and should work on 617.

18. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

It works, just a nag message, plus no damage indicator. Does yours have a damage indicator like this used to have?

19. Offline

Ryan Carretta

I'll look at what it take to update this over the weekend. I imagine, though, that I'll stop supporting this in the future. While I understand that Bukkit is in beta or whatever, I don't really see any reasonable effort put forth to keep things backwards compatible from the Bukkit team, and I don't really have the will to spend a great deal of time fixing this plugin when they break it.

20. Offline

LucidLethargy

I think we all understand, thank you for going this far! When bukkit is replaced, or when they do make this effort all of us will be a lot happier :/ Until then, even as an admin it gets frustrating to deal with all this (I have 31 plugins on my server,) and I truly can't even imagine how hard it is on all the devs to change their code every 5-10 days.

This aside, this really was an awesome plugin - the attention to detail in adding the health meter blew me away, I had no idea that was even possible! Makes me feel like i'm playing Oblivion :D

21. Offline

Soryo

I was so excited when I saw the title just now... oh well.. hopefully someone will pick up the mod :)

22. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

FuzzeWuzze already has some time ago. Check a few posts back.

23. Offline

Plague

considered inactive

24. Offline

TruffleDucks

Aww man, I really liked this plugin. It was my first on my server :D

25. Offline

mung3r

26. Offline

TruffleDucks

27. Offline

Kalemar

Glad to see someone has updated the code for the latest bukkit release.

Even though this plugin seems abandoned I feel I need to try asking for an enhancement to it.
    I spent an evening playing on a server with Portable torches and although we found it a bit buggy it improved our game play (with mobs spawning behind and infront when in caves... awesome!).

Then we found torchburn, which is more what we are after, except rather than having to hold a key and click, simply make the torch light the area as soon as you hold it, and allow them to be placed on blocks also (while torch activated).

This to me seems more realistic to me (other than them never burning out) than portable torches where torch vanishes and you can hold weapons while glowing, and the current torchburn which wastes a torch when you change to a weapon.

I know my chances are slim, and not sure if it even possible but putting this out there as a possible enhancement idea to torchburn if anyone has any ideas how to make this work.

28. Offline

mung3r

If it's implemented this way, there's the question of gaming this feature where one could constantly place-and-pick-up the torch repeatedly to essentially make it last forever.

29. Offline

Kalemar

I agree, it is not perfect, in my world, we've found enough coal and have enough wood to make a thousand torches and everyone carries 64 torches each so having them disappear seems a bit pointless.

To further my thinking, to change torches so they are then not stackable and have a damage counter (like weapons), this would be possibly where you could take the mod but I'd imagine you'd need a client side mod for that and would be hard to implement.

I was actually thinking to add a mod which burns out torches that are placed to further discourage having torches everywhere.

Maybe just a configuration option to allow a burning torch to be placed, and a boolean for if it consumes a torch or not just to give a bit more flexibility. If I can figure out java and how to compile a plugin I'll give it a go myself (I'm an old C programmer waiting for the Java fad thing to pass LOL [guess I was wrong there]).

30. Offline

Trc202

Updated it a little bit.

Improvements
    • Can now place torches when you are lit
    • Removes lit players on shutdown (no more randomly lit areas)
    Known Bugs
    • Blocks that produce light placed by other players in a lit field will not update properly
    • It is possable to change the item in hand without the player going out (switching through the inventory screen)
    Unsure
    • Haven't tested it yet but I believe 2 lit players may cause phantom light when crossing paths
    I'm planning to continue updating this for a server I moderate, if you like i'll continue to release fixes and improvements here as I make them.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1478285/TorchBurn.jar

If you manage to find any bugs please let me know.

Hadn't thought about that. Perhaps I can implement a timer that saves to a file so that the counter is persistent throughout the torch placements.
    Well I feel like an idiot. I already fixed this. Upon attempting to place the last torch it is removed and the light is extinguished.