[INACTIVE][MECH/SEC]AutoPlant v1.60 - Keep forests alive! CB[740] - CB[440]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Hawox, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Hawox

AutoPlant - Keep forests alive!
    Versions and Downloads
    (May need to scroll)

Source:
    https://github.com/Hawox/AutoPlant

Are your forests disappearing over night? Are your new players having to travel for days on end to find a tree to even start playing? Sick of having to replant all those burned down forests everyday? Then this is for you!

This is a very simple plugin that automatically plants a sapling when a log is broken(or burned) on top of dirt. It keeps forests planted with no effort on anyone's end at all! I've been using it on a server I use to work on for quite sometime and there are still trees everywhere around spawn. Yes is creates extra saplings into the system but since when have they been all that valuable?

To put it simply. This plugin simulates everyone on your server being kind, caring, and considerate to the other players while still allowing them to be lazy!

There is a config file that should be made when the plugin is first ran (it's also included in the .zip) that you can modify. It looks like this:

Code:
    #Delay from log break to the sapling being planted (in milliseconds)
    Plant_Delay: 1000
    #How long the sapling is protected after this plugin plants it (in milliseconds)
    Protect_Time: 1000

#When true the plugin will autoplant a burning log
    Replant_Burned_Tree: true

#If these are true the the text in the variables below will be shown
    Tell_User_Planting: false
    Tell_User_Protected: true

#The message that is sent to the player when a sapling is added to the play queue
    Being_Planted_Text: A new sapling will arrive in one moment
    #The message that is sent to the player when they try to break the recently planted/protected sapling
    Protected_Text: This sapling is protected from jerks like you!

Features:
    • Auto plants a saplings when people harvest trees or when the tree is burned down.
    • Protects these saplings for a time after they are planted.
    • Also protects the dirt the sapling is on!
    • Can send a small message to the player so they know a sapling is coming or that a sapling is protected.
    • All of the above can be changed/modified in the config.yml file.
    Changelog:

Version 1.60
    • Correct sapling type (birch etc.) will be planted when a log is broken.
    Version 1.53
    • Material under the sapling is now protected as well.
    Version 1.51
    • Updated for 670
    Version 1.50
    • Huge rewrite.
    • Moved config to yml
    • Config auto creates itself.
    • Text messages added.
    • Trees replant when burned down.
    • Added sapling protection.
    • Assured that there is no memory leak on my end and there never was one.
    Version 1.03

• Changed up the timer system.
    Version 1.02

• Renamed config file
    • Moved config file to better match plugin name
    Version 1.01

• Removed .bukkit namespace
    Version 1.0

• Finally made the message optional as it can get annoying when cutting down forests.
    • Plugin released.
    This was the first plugin I made for hMod way back in the day and I just never got around to releasing my plugins. I hope to get my more advanced plugins up here onto the forums in the next few days. Keep an eye out!

2. Offline

Hawox

I'm assuming I need to update it for the next CB. I'll try to get to it tomorrow. I'm putting all my time towards fixing uQuest.

3. Dear Hawox, I really like your plugin but unfortunatly it seems it introduced a memory leak to our server (CB493), so we had to remove it.

4. Offline

Hawox

That's very odd. I'll look into it to see why it would do that.

Fixed memory leak with new update.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  5. Offline

Raspberry

Just a request :)

Could you make the plugin auto generate a default config file if it's missing :)

6. Offline

Kahl

Still no message when the sapling gets planted. Why is this?

7. Offline

Hawox

Not sure. This is on my notepad for tomorrow.

8. Offline

Spooner

Any chance you can get this to apply to wild fires? Pretty please?

9. Offline

Hawox

So when a log is burned it regrows? I'll look into it! Should it delete all the logs above it (like it already dose leaves) when the bottom is burned so it will regrow properly?

10. Offline

RedFawkes215

Your download link still points to the 1.02 download. I cant find the 1.03 download and it still has the memory leak.

11. Offline

Spooner

If you want to, it's your plugin, I was just making a suggestion.

12. Offline

Hawox

Updated!
    Version 1.50
    • Huge rewrite.
    • Moved config to yml
    • Config auto creates itself.
    • Text messages added.
    • Trees replant when burned down
    • Added sapling protection.
    • Assured that there is no memory leak on my end and there never was one.
    To those who are sure for some reason or another that the memory leak is mine. Decompile my script and show me the cause. I've had a few other seasoned programmers look at it and they have found no possible memory leak.

13. Offline

lazy_architect

Real happy to see this updated love it! I'm going to try it again as soon as I get updated to CB602 I keep installing it just to have to take it out again due to memory leak problems. By this point I'm sure your pulling out hair becuase people keep telling you this. Could it be some kinda plugin conflict? I run this with
    CB556
    MCMMO
    LOCKETTE
    iCHAT
    Permissions (Phoenix)
    CommandBook
    Help
    NoCheat
    WORLDGUARD
    WORLDEDIT
    appletree
    falsebook
    minecart mania
    dynmap
    myhome
    If I had another setup I would be testing one at a time with autoplant but can't do that with just one (players get mad crazy people)

14. Offline

Hawox

How much RAM does your server have? I have never had an issue running this plugin and I can't find or duplicate this memory leak people speak of. =/

15. Offline

Avous

cant find the d/l link. the only link you provided that i can find is to uQuest.

16. Offline

Hawox

Scroll down like it says in the post.

17. Offline

Jake Radcliff

When will this be updated to a more recent version like 617?

18. Offline

RazMaTaz

This is working on 617 for me

19. Offline

Hawox

Adding that to the title. Thanks!

20. Offline

RazMaTaz

Posted in CraftBukkitUpToDate thread as well. Tia.
    Code:
    19:20:53 [INFO] Not able to update AutoPlant.jar check if URL [URL]http://dl.dropbox[/URL].
    com/u/22769272/AutoPlant%20Releases/AutoPlant.jar correct. If not ask the Author
     to give me the new one

21. Offline

lazy_architect

ok same plugins updated to cb 617 still used up all free memory I restarted before a crash. No errors plugin works but eats up free ram in about 1-2 hours if that long. the server is hosted by Minecraftserverhost.net using ubuntu Total memory 1870, Free Memory without your plugin 675, again 2 hours with your plugin takes it down at a even rate to zero and crash do to out of memory error. I'm willing to do some testing and provide more info if needed please PM me.

22. Offline

Hawox

Please do as I have no idea why that would happen at all. There are no objects that go out of scope to my knowledge so there shouldn't be a mem leak. =/

23. Offline

1994mat

Please add some options to grow flowers / mushrooms :]

For the rest: nice plugin

24. Works great :D

25. Offline

Raspberry

iGrow plugin does this really well. I'm in the process of updating the plugin for 617+

We've got a fairly active thread of recipes to grow all kinds of things over here:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...ow-new-custom-recipes.5388/page-3#post-189500

I'll be releasing an updated copy soon (hopefully over the weekend when I get time.)

26. Offline

Kahl

Still does not say anything in the chat even when configured to do so. Is there a permission node we're missing?

27. Offline

Hawox

Very odd. On my todo list. May not get to it until next week due to spring break for my mate. I recommend using his plugin for that stuff. I just made this so trees regrow. Others already have naturally growing plugins that work wonderfully.

28. Offline

Kahl

Like what? The auto planting I like because it takes care of what players should already do themselves :)

29. Offline

alexfire

Reporting error in console on cb 670 and the link to downloading updates is down right now

Code:
    2011-04-11 07:49:45 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\AutoPlant.jar' in folder 'plugins': name 'Hawox's Tree Planter' contains invalid characters.
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: name 'Hawox's Tree Planter' contains invalid characters.
        at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:137)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:30)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:61)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:158)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:106)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:84)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

30. Offline

Avous

links down as well

31. Offline

Kahl

Need this for 670.