[INACTIVE][MECH] NoDrop v0.2.3 - Control User Drops on Death [602-617]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Alex Nolan, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Alex Nolan

NoDrop 0.2.3

Download 0.2.3 [602-617] (4/2/11) | Static jar
    Older: 0.2.2 [527-556] (3/22/11), 0.2.1 [526-531] (3/16/11), 0.2.0 [526-531] (3/15/11), 0.1.0 [554] (3/14/11)

Souce Code (Will be up shortly)

This plugin came about from a request to keep OPs from dropping items on death to keep from ruining economies, etc, so I decided to take up the challenge. So far it is just very basic: If you are and OP two things will happen - one, you will not drop any items for others to pick up, and two, you will get your items back after you respawn. Plans for the near future include permissions along with a settings file to control both aspects.​

Features
    1. Don't drop items on death for others to pick up
    2. Keep items after death
    3. Very customizable
    4. More coming soon.... (Please suggest some too)
    Commands

Code:
    None planned?
    Settings (If you don't like permissions)
    Code:
    #options are 'all', 'ops', or 'not ops', select who you want the plugin to effect
    useFor: 'all'

#use either drop or nodrop (only one), nodrop selects what you don't want dropping, drop selects what you do want dropping
    #custom words: 'helmet', 'boots', 'chestplate', 'leggings', 'equipped armor', 'held item', 'all'
    drop:
        - 'helmet'

#what items should be kept on death
    keep:
        - 'held item'
        - 'equipped armor'
    Permissions
    Code:
    None so far :D
    Todo

Changelog
      • Updated for [602-617]
      • Fixed old inventory bug
      • Fixed settings, 'all' now works
      • Fixed a major bug that would crash the client
      • Implemented settings :)
      • Initial Build

Unset likes this.
  2. Offline

Robscire

Don't work with actual update.

3. Offline

Xrimson

Any ETA for it to work on Permissions?

4. Offline

Alex Nolan

Interesting, as of now my only hypothesis is that maybe the kill command works without first bringing any damage, I'll look into it though.

Sure :), on hand sounds like a good one, all weapons seems a little superfluous, but we'll see :D.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mind providing bukkit build number, NoDrop version, and what do you mean by doesn't work: does it not load, load but not do it's function, does it partially function, etc?

Hopefully soon, I just started by break and so I am visiting relatives until Tuesday, but if I find any free time I will :D.

5. Offline

dak393

Ya 'on hand is the only one you cant do currently It would be easy to list weapons to drop.

6. Offline

Damager

Hmmm, I keep only my sword after die [​IMG] but on my console it's say I need permission for correclty usage.

7. Offline

zeph

After readignt he suggestions thread, someone mentioned dropping gold on player death.

For this to work, you'd want a player to NOT drop their gear, but instead a lump of gold.

Now, your mod already covers the first part, how about adding in set drops instead of inventory drops?

8. Offline

GyD

Do you think it could be possible to add the reason of death? For exemple if you die in due to a chunk error (just happened to me in the "subway" x_x)

9. Pff, I just got really annoyed by a bug or something... when I died I received an older version of my inventory... with items that I placed away in chests :| and obviously I got duplicates but I lost all my found items including a CD :<

I dunno the reason, I didn't see any errors in the console... is checking inventory really required, can't you just check inventory upon death ?

10. Offline

Stephen A.

Could you add CraftBukkitUpToDate support? here is the link: LINK
    YAY you get a [​IMG] and a [​IMG] for this.

11. Offline

Alex Nolan

Hmm, did you setup the configuration file?
    I could try, I don't want to bloat the plugin too much though. I'll probably implement it in a major revision.

Sure, I will have to see how in depth the Bukkit API goes with reason for death though.

I'll look into this, but no it is not possible to check the inventory upon death because the inventory is empty by the time that event gets called.

It should already be in CraftBukkitUpToDate :D

12. Well, you could check it when death occurs if nodrop: all is on, because from what I'm seeing, when I die with that setting, I still have my item in hand xD

13. Offline

giding

One REALLY useful feature would be the possibility of losing items WITHOUT dropping them. Then there would be no way to get them back which is what i'd want...

Also, dropping random items from the inventory on death would be useful (with a set percentage). Even cooler if you could set the possibility of losing an item for every item separately. E.g. 25% for diamonds. Then, if a player has 2 stacks of diamonds with him on death, he would be likely to lose about 32 of them, for example.

14. Offline

SecondAlias

this is actually a reply to both your godmode plugin and nodrop. I actually died with godmode on by falling out of the map :p and, for some odd reason, nodrop was unable to recover my inventory. In fact! it gave the same error code that "cheepz" got with the /kill command on his server. So apparantly if you fall out of the map godmode cant save you there and nodrop will give an error.

this isn't really asking for an update but more of a just so you know kinda thing. It should also be easily recreated because all you need to do is make a hole in the map and jump.

15. Offline

Greenops

16. Offline

Damager

No, in fact, i don't know how it's happened, just a bug I think, your plugin doesn't work :( or If you know what write on the permission files ? Also thanks for your plugin !

17. Offline

Alex Nolan

Well you can lose items without dropping them, just set it so that you don't drop the items, but you don't keep them either :D. As the percentage thing, I am still on vacation but I am brainstorming how I will be going about implementing it :).

I have a feeling that when you die like this no damage is given and no damage event is given either :/. Unfortunately if this is true then it is a problem with bukkit because there is no way I can catch, cancel, or react to.

Interesting, I haven't messed with iConomy before. I don't know how swamped with work I'll be. If Codisimus wants to write up code for it I will gladly let him use my code/I will gladly collaborate with him.

Well that's your problem, you need to setup the config file, it should be under /plugins/NoDrop. See the first post for and example of the settings file (under the settings header). Currently there is no support for Permissions :(.

18. Offline

r0w

Very nice plugin !

I would like to see in this the death cause, if you were killed by a player, you get your inventory back and if a creeper killed you, you loose everthing ahaha :)

19. Offline

risinglotus

Hey, so I added your plugin (nice work btw)

and (hopefully) made it so people wouldn't drop certain stuff when dead. But when they die they lose the item alltogether, doesn't stay in inventory and doesnt drop either.

My setup is
    Code:
    #options are 'all', 'ops', or 'not ops', select who you want the plugin to effect

#use either drop or nodrop (only one), nodrop selects what you don't want dropping, drop selects what you do want dropping
    #custom words: 'helmet', 'boots', 'chestplate', 'leggings', 'equipped armor', 'held item', 'all'
    drop:

keep:
        - 'held item'
        - 'equipped armor'
    How do I change it so people keep the thing in their inventory?

20. Offline

Damager

Hey don't worry, I'm just saying it's not working for me.. i've tried to configure the file but nothing happened :(. I wait for an update ;)

Also great work !

21. Offline

Alex Nolan

Strange, it seems to be working with mine. Would you mind using the debug version here and posting your results? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11323331/NoDrop/debug/NoDrop.jar

Sorry if I came off as rude, I was replying early in the morning (around 1) and am just reading it over now :O. Try using this example config file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11323331/NoDrop/debug/config.yml

22. Offline

Damager

I reconfigure my file and as look down and it's now good :confused: sooo...

Thanks a lot for this plugin ♥

23. Offline

Quenaros

I had to take this plugin down, cause it didn't save the players inventory.
    We died after spending 1 hour in a cave and inventory after death was like 2 hours before. Long time before we even got to that cave.

24. Offline

risinglotus

It works now, I dont drop the things I listed but the other things I havent listed I lose completely (they dont drop the little icon when dead), how do I fix that?

25. Offline

City Builder

The config.yml file after installing nodrop only contains this:
    {}

Not even instructions what to change inside of it. I thought I read the OP carefully but didn't see what I must put in this file so that OP's, Admin's, Moderators would be protected.

Help appreicated.

26. They're in the topic, copy and paste them instead of {}

27. Offline

MrAdam

Would id be possible to make it only drop if killed by another player?
    I want it so that when people PvP they only drop weapons, but else, they drop everything like normal.

28. Offline

Alex Nolan

This should be fixed with the new update.

Well if you are using the same config as we previously discussed, it's set to drop nothing, try:
    Code:

nodrop:
        - 'held item'
        - 'equipped armor'

keep:
        - 'held item'
        - 'equipped armor'

29. Offline

Nicholas Giaimo

Code:

nodrop:

keep:

This is my config file. It doesn't drop ANY items to the ground, but it keeps the listed items in my inventory. Has anyone gotten it to drop everything BUT the things you want to keep?

I am an OP when I test this, in case that has any possible meaning.

30. Offline

Narodigg

Found a real small bug, running a config to nodrop all and keep all.
    When a user dies if they have a stone pick on them it will drop to the ground and stay in there inventory.
    So theoritically they can farm dupped stone picks. Not a big deal as its only stone picks I have found this to happend with so far. I could care less if people are dupping stone picks.

31. Offline

zwarmapapa

How to let people drop nothing, and let them keep all their items?
    I got this right now, they won't drop anything, but they won't keep anything neither:

Code:
    drop:
    keep:
        - '*'