[INACTIVE][MECH] Growbie 1.0 - Grow Flowers with Bone Meal [144]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by UnixSystem, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Offline

UnixSystem

Growbie - Grow Flowers and Pumpkins with Bone Meal
    Version: v1.0 - for Bukkit 144

Growbie is a very simple plugin for Bukkit that causes bone meal to be usable on flowers and pumpkins, resulting in the creation of additional flowers and pumpkins. There is no configuration needed, as it simply extends the power of bone meal.

Flowers and pumpkins will be grown in the following configuration:

If you use bone meal on the X
    - - -
    - x -
    - - -

You will grow additional flowers or pumpkins in the shape of:
    - x -
    x x x
    - x -

Features:
    • Extends the power of bone meal to work on flowers and pumpkins
    • Very simple to use, zero configuration
    • Safe! Flowers and pumpkins can not be grown in such a way as to destroy surrounding blocks
    Download <Edit by Moderator: Redacted multiupload url>
    Source

Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2019
    muCkk likes this.
  2. Offline

Trigonous

Last login for UnixSystem was January 27th... [​IMG]

3. Offline

Khyron

Verrier's version works correctly on craftbukkit 432.

However, it complains:
    "2011-02-23 21:10:08 [WARNING] Using the stupidly long constructor com.minecarts.verrier.Growbie.Growbie(PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File, File,
    ClassLoader) is no longer recommended. Go nag the plugin author of Growbie to r
    emove it! (Nothing is broken, we just like to keep code clean.)".

4. Offline

cyklo

I'd have a look at fixing it, but Verrier's github page is 404'ing. Anyone know where to get the latest source code?

5. Offline

Afforess

If there is no updates from any authors in 2 more days, I will take over support of this mod.

6. Offline

cyklo

I've forked this project temporarily and made a couple of changes - essentially, I've fixed the "plugin constructor" error message and changed the namespace so it it won't break when the Bukkit team start disallowing things in the *.bukkit namespace.

Version 1.2.1, checked against CraftBukkit build #432.

Download: growbie_1_2_1.tar.gz
    Source: http://git.sargant.com/index.php?p=bukkit/growbie.git
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 11:44 PM ---
    Apologies. All yours if you want it.

7. Offline

Afforess

@Cyklo,

Not a matter of wanting. I just need to have stable, continued support. If you plan on supporting this plugin for the long term > 2 months, then you're free to. Otherwise, I will take over support.

8. Offline

Onza40

I'd like to see this plugin continued, it's a really minor thing, but still, I do like it.

9. Agreed. It is a great little plugin.

10. Offline

Smite

@cyklo & @Afforess
    It's this sort of project adoption that renews my faith in Open Sourcing every time. Doing something simply because it should be done? You guys are champs.

11. Offline

Afforess

Thanks @Smite

It's official. Expect a updated and maintained Growbie 2.0 sometime this weekend!

Recky and harakiwi like this.
  12. Offline

Scyfi

Could you add in the ability to grow a leaf block from a stick?

13. Offline

Afforess

Hm. What about using bonemeal on a log and having leaves grow around it?

14. Offline

ToitagL

<3

15. Offline

Scyfi

I like that idea too, would love to be able to make some bushes. I only mentioned the stick -> leaf block as a way to make, for example, a couple rows of hedges. Or perhaps using bonemeal on just grass would make a leaf block appear.

16. Offline

Afforess

Well, since Notch requires logs to be within 2 blocks of leaf or it will disappear, the log idea works best.

17. Offline

Scyfi

ahhh I see guess I can just plant the log in the ground and it will grow on top then correct?

18. Offline

Afforess

Yep.
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 6:30 AM ---
    As I said I would, I've taken over maintance of Growbie: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-growbie-2-0-400.7314

Thanks to Cyklo and Unixsystem!