[INACTIVE][MECH/FUN] Vampire v1.4.1 - Add the horror of vampires to your server [617]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Olof Larsson, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Olof Larsson

Vampire - Add the horror of vampires to your server :)

Current version: 1.4.1
    Download: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Vampire/downloads
    Source: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Vampire
    Read the full userguide here: http://mcteam.org/plugins/vampire <--- [cake]

This plugin add the horror of vampirism to your minecraft server.
    Any player may turn into a vampire if they contract the infection and doesn’t manage (or doesn’t care) to cure themselves in time.

Turing into a vampire
    To become a vampire you must first contract a certain infection. This infection will make you sicker and sicker until you finally turn into a vampire. If you want to stop the infection you can either eat bread or use a good altar (read more about altars further down).
    There are three ways to contract the infection:
    1. Fight against vampires in close combat. For each attack (from either you or the vampire) there is a 1/30 risk that you will contract the infection.
    2. Use an evil altar. Any player can build such an altar (read more about altars further down).
    3. Ask a server operator to infect you. There is a server command for this.
    After you contract the infection you have one hour (real time not game time) before you turn. This is about 3 minecraft day night cycles.

Being a vampire
    Vampires…
    • Burn in sunlight.
    • Take no fall damage.
    • Can breath underwater… or rather does not need to breathe at all.
    • Has a reservoir of blood between 0 and 100.
    • Must drink blood from humans or animals to not die from starvation.
    • Can not eat normal food.
    • Regenerates health automatically. (costs blood)
    • Won’t be attacked by monsters unless the vampire attacks first.
    • Can jump and fly using a red rose. (costs blood)
    • Deal more damage in close combat.
    • Take less damage in close combat except for attacks from wooden weapons which hurt them a lot.
    • Occasionally infects others in close combat.
    A vampire is considered to stand in sunlight if it is daytime and the blocks above the vampire is too transparent. So for example a vampire will burn under a clear sky but be safe under a cobblestone roof. If the roof was made of glass the vampire would burn. It is possible for vampires to take cover under trees if they are thick enough. It takes 4 leaf-blocks to block the sun… etc.

To drink blood a vampire must damage other humans or animals. So if you are a vampire you will find that it is possible to go the vegetarian way… however humans are much more tasty (you get much more blood from them than animals). It is important to keep track of your blood supply. Use the v command every once in a while. If blood is over 50 the regenerate ability will work. You will slowly heal your wounds automatically at the cost of blood. However if you blood is below 50 you are thirsty and will slowly loose health. If blood is below 20 you are very very thirsty and will loose health fast.

Curing a vampire
    The only way to cure a vampire (except for the admin cheat command) is to use a good altar.

Altars
    There are two types of altars. Good ones and evil ones. These altars can be built by any player. The evil altar can be used to contract the infection that after a while will turn you into a vampire. The good altar can stop the infection and even cure already turned vampires. The altars are made of one main block and 20 nearby blocks:
    Note how I wrote nearby. To be more precise nearby means within a radius of 7 blocks away from the main block. This means you may design your altar how you like. Put the secondary blocks in any way you think look nice [​IMG]

To use the altar you right-click on the main block (gold or lapis).

Commands
    The base chat console command is /v or simply v. This means you don’t need to write the forward slash if you don’t feel like it. [​IMG]

The base command v can be used by vampires to display their current blood reservoir. There are also the following subcommands for server operators (OP):
    • v infect [playername] *[amount from 0 to 100]
      The player turns into vampire at infection 100. 0 means no infection.
    • v turn [playername]
      Instantly turn a player into a vampire.
    • v cure [playername]
      Instantly cure a player from vampirism.
    • v list
      List all vampires on the server.
    • v load [config|players|all]
      Load data from disk.
    • v save [config|players|all]
      Save data to disk.
    • v time [ticks from 0 to 23999]
      Set the time. 0 means sunrise. 1 ingame hour is 1000 ticks.
    • v version
      Find out which version you are running.
    Installing
    1. Download the latest release: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Vampire/tree/master/releases
    2. Put Vampire.jar in the plugins folder.
    A default config file will be created on the first run. You don’t need to modify it. The default file is good. But if you feel like it you can alter all ingame messages and a lot of the game balance from there.

Plugin integration: Help and Permissions
    This plugin support the help plugin. Make sure you install that plugin. Otherwise you will have no ingame help menu.

This plugin supports the permissions plugin. Note that the server operators (OP's) always will have access to all commands.
    To get started fast:
    • Add to the default group:
      -'vampire.default.*'
    • Add to the admin group:
      -'vampire.*'
    These are all permission nodes:
    • vampire.default.command.blood
    • vampire.default.command.version
    • vampire.admin.command.list
    • vampire.admin.command.infect
    • vampire.admin.command.turn
    • vampire.admin.command.cure
    • vampire.admin.command.save
    • vampire.admin.command.load
    • vampire.admin.command.time
    Current ToDo list:
    • Reduce CPU load
    • Create better permission nodes.
    • Raw porkshop should restore some blood for vampires when eaten.
    • Add the option to allow vampires to walk in the sun when using full armor.
    • Add the option to make vampires more vulnerable to fire.
    You tell me! :) or even better help me code it :)

Changelog:
    Version 1.4.1
    • For CB602 -> CB617 and upwards...
    Version 1.4
    • Better jump and fly ability for vampires :) Now using red rose instead of feather.
    Version 1.3
    • Permissions Plugin Support
    • Help Plugin Support
    Version 1.2
    To update: You should rename config.json to config.json.old. Then start server and stop it. Then paste your custom messages and changes (if you made any) into the new default config.json file.
    • There is now altars that can be built to infect and cure vampires.
    • Some bugfixes.
    Version 1.1
    • Important bugfix. Players did not get infected correctly.
    Version 1.0
    • The first release
    Fork me on github!

I would be glad to code on this plugin together with you :).
    Please fork me on github and do a pull request. Read more here:
    http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/
    http://help.github.com/pull-requests/
    There will be cake if you join me in the coding [cake] :)

2. Offline

Taemera

@Olof Larsson is there a way to disable vampire infecting/spreading?

3. Offline

BukkTutorial

perfect Plugin :)
    Thanks for this Plugin
    nice nice nice :)

4. Offline

kleril

There is a setting in the config files to change how likely it is that you will be infected. Just change that to a zero.

5. Offline

kahlilnc

How are we going to get the help plugin if it is inactive?

6. Offline

Kninj

I'm using build 684, and it doesn't appear to be generating the config. files when I put on the server. Any ideas?

7. Offline

Sage9234

If you add a config for this, I will definitely add it to my server! Also, You should consider making a Werewolf one aswell. Especially since they recently came out with wolves! Make it to where like there is a full moon every other night or so, then somehow Change the players skin temporarily while in werewolf form (Perhaps an armor that makes you look like a werwolf, that is irremovable until sunrise?). Then with the same ideas as your vampire (i.e boosted skills and such), add some downside to becoming a werewolf. Then you could continually add things to that, like Vamp vs. Werewolf factions or games, hunting requirements (I very much so like your blood idea for the vampire btw). If you did that,you would be my favorite modder by far, and Im sure people would donate $$! Keep me posted if you do decide to do that! You would ROCK!

*EDIT* Oops Already is a config :p Added :)

8. Offline

Nytemare3701

There is a companion plugin for werewolves in the works by Nijikokun.

9. Offline

Sage9234

Does it work for bukkit? If so, Could you send me the link??

10. Offline

Nytemare3701

It is in the works, meaning it's on his todo list. I commissioned it a while back as part of a tutoring gig.

@Olof Larsson : Partied vampires can extract blood from each other. (McMMO party)

11. Offline

Sage9234

Oh sorry. I somehow missed that :p Thanks tho!

Ok, is there any way to make the 'youre in the light, get to shade' message not come up every half second? Its quite in the way. Perhaps every 10-15 seconds or so would be nice?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  12. Offline

Elaeth

Flying doesn't appear to be working properly, the only time I can fly is when I'm on fire. I can't do it at night, I even disabled sunlight burning and removed the blood cost, the only way I can fly now is if I set a part of the ground on fire, quickly walk in it and then I can launch myself into the heavens :p Is it supposed to be like that, is everyone having the same problem?

13. Offline

Devboi

sorry I didn't kno its just there is like 2 pages of ppl saying can u help with the fact that u cant fly and the blood does not go below 50 yet you haven't responded with any help...is the plugin broke permanently or fixable?

14. Offline

Sleepywalker

Hi Olaf - The current issues I have with Build 707/709 is that after about 5 mins of the server running - Vampire mod stops functioning correctly (Jump works fine and blood loss from jump is workign fine - but after 5 mins vampires dont burn in sunlight and dont lose blood over time or regenerate health - but the jump still works :p

Please have a look at this for us all - we really love this mod - makes the server so much cooler.

Sleepywalker

15. Offline

kahlilnc

Works with CB 709

16. Offline

silvano

Looks like it works with CB709 but after 10 min people stop losing blood/don't burn and .. keep the jump. removed it temporarily.

17. Offline

Aramillio

how about killing them with a gold sword makes them no longer a vampire?
    or.... idk... needs to be someway of forcing the vampire to be healed.

OOOH even better idea.

make it so the vampires have to complete a ritual at an evil altar every so often but that ritual requires them to stay at the altar for a certain amount of time. and if they are killed during that time, they become a human again.

also, could you make it so vampires wont burn in the rain?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  18. Offline

Yelik

Has anyone suggested werewolves?

19. Offline

Walruss_rush

We have same problem on server, vampires can only jump and get blood sometimes it wor kabout 3 minsd then 'click' and it doesnt :( but this is still awesome! vampires should get hunter vision or ''slinety so name doestn appear but voices can hear :D

20. Offline

LucidLethargy

I use mcmmo and vampires together, and I know a week ago things worked perfectly (no issue at all.) It could be the 699+ bukkit versions are causing a problem, though! I'll also try to test this when I can, otherwise I do know before the weather addition things were working perfectly.

Oh, also no problems so far with my admin-level testing so far (turned myself to and from with a command) - works great on 714!

21. Offline

Sleepywalker

Please Olaf - can we get an update brother?
    I'm even getting so desperate to look into a scripting bot to type reload into my console every 5 mins for a temp fix...
    LOL!
    but yeah please - update soon bro - or word on a yay or nay

Sleepywalker

Walruss_rush likes this.
  22. Offline

kvikk

The vampire plugin doesnt work on your server Olof, pls fix this i have been infected for 3 days now xD (real days)

23. Offline

Walruss_rush

update this plz! i want this back to work :'(

24. Offline

Pim1234

could you update it for 1.5?

25. Offline

Kninj

Is it possible to put the configuration file up for download as well? It doesn't appear to be generating for me.

26. Offline

TheNewGuy132

Hey, if a server is restarted, is the time taken to turn reset?

27. Offline

silvano

Before asking-remarking retarded comments from now on.

-we already realise the mod stops updating infected after 5 min runtime.
    - we know blood doesn't decrease.
    - we know jumping works.
    - we know vampires don't burn.

Don't say it works. It works for the first five minutes before something goes terribly wrong. After that it just 'freezes' i tried to run it on a server with no other plugins. It isn't a conflict

28. Offline

siroro

Jayson Brooks likes this.
  29. Offline

Sleepywalker

Thanks a lot dude - going to test it now.

30. Offline

Votex09

Thought I'd put in my two cents. With 1.5_01 out now, and rain happening all the time.... I suggest an ifraining tag... that or get rid of the message that pops up when the sun is out and you're standing in it. Or it spams the screen with "OMG YER ON FIRE DOOD" and gets annoying, kinda like capslock is xD.

The fix that siroro put out does work, so far so good. I just wish people didn't have to deal with that message.

31. Offline

Jayson Brooks

Siroro, I have so much love for you right now.