[INACTIVE][MECH] DwarfForge v1.7 - Run Furnaces on Lava [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mattmoss, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, I understand that it isnt the purpose of the plugin, but as you say it should be relatively easy to add and may make it more appealing for more people to use. I look forward to future versions.

2. Offline

Valhalla

Doesn't auto smelt (using chests) clay balls.

Let me clarify this a bit. If I add clay into the left chest (input) the Dwarf-Forge does NOT automatically swap the clay into the forge. HOWEVER, when I manually put the clay into the forge, it DOES put the smelted clay (brick) into the right chest (output).

EDIT: Beast plugin, I hope you keep it up-to-date and active.

Also (unless I am mistaken) as the plugin stands right now; If you stack 4 furnaces on-top of each other only 2 of those can use the auto chests due to the fact that you cant open a chest if the block above it is occupied.

Perhaps when your other features are finished or when you get the time you can set it up so that the furnaces all use the bottom most chest?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  3. Offline

mattmoss

Thanks for the report; I'm aware of the issue and it's on my to-do list.

Also on my to-do list. :D Thanks again.

4. Offline

Valhalla

No problem, this is one of my favorite plugins so far just because it is so simple to set up and use. I don't have to use any crazy ass signs or commands to get it to work. Just place the blocks in the correct spot (and the layout makes perfect sense) and it works like a charm. I've had my server up for over 24 hours and haven't had a single furnace turn off unless it was meant to either.

Besides the problem with the clay, I'd say this plugin is just about perfect.

Keep up the great work!

5. Offline

mattmoss

Clay balls will now autoload from the input chest.

6. Offline

WhosDaMan

This is an extremely cool plugin! Thanks for making this! - it is like simple BuildCraft for bukkit :D

Oh, speaking of BuildCraft, would it be possible to transport items through teleportation?

Example, you could make a block (iron maybe?), that when the item touches it, it is transported to the input chest. The only downside is that you may have to do this with commands. ((EDIT))

This could be used for when you are deep down in your diamond mine, and have an active shop to stock up, but you may be lost or it takes a very long time to get back up, so you go to the nearest iron block, drop the items on there, have them transported to an input chest, smelted, and put in an output chest. Finally, there could be a shop sign over the output chest so people can buy from it.
    ((EDIT3)

7. Offline

mattmoss

Thanks!

That may be a worthwhile function for another plugin... which could then work together with this one. I'll give some thought on it.

8. Offline

WhosDaMan

Thanks for the quick response - but if you do that it would be revolutionary :)

9. Offline

mattmoss

Dwarf Forges in a stack now share input/output chests. Fill up a chest and have two, three or four forges (or more!) pulling raw materials from the input chest and placing refined goods in the output chest.

10. Offline

WhosDaMan

Amazing! Testing this now!

EDIT: I have like 20 furnaces stacked up and it is taking from all of them :D Thanks for the plugin!

11. Offline

pedrofrq

Will you ever add permissions to this plugin?

12. Offline

mattmoss

Ever? LOL
    Permissions support is almost finished.

13. Offline

Alesana

This plugin is awesome!! Very nice job!! I'll try it as soon as I can! =)

14. Offline

christley

love this plugin.
    however when i log in to the server after using the forge it wont load even cobble. i cant turn it on. nothing has been changed on it. put cobble in the input chest, and it doesnt load it, i cant even turn it on.

15. Offline

mattmoss

Ya, I have the same issues on my server. That's next on my list to fix...

16. Offline

christley

i solved my issue lol. i was using wrong setup with the server. the world was loaded but it didnt have the mod loaded.
    so yeah lol

dont mind my mistake, it didnt just load properly

17. Offline

WhosDaMan

Is this compatible with 935?

18. Offline

mattmoss

It should be. I did some initial testing on 928, and there is little difference between 935 and 928.
    I'll do official testing on 935 later today and update the OP.

Permissions support is done.
    Also: tested ok in 935.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

19. Offline

TruthHurts

Im just wondering, in levelcraft you can repair items by putting them in furnaces, can u put used weapons in the input chest and they go through the furnace, will it work? I'm going to test it

No it does not work with level craft but it works pretty well with the absorb plugin :). If you could, make it work with levelcraft

20. Offline

mattmoss

I've just built version 0.9.1, which is primarily an internal rewrite/refactor to clean things up and hopefully add some stability. It also uses new APIs in craftbukkit build 935 (whereas v0.9 should still work with 860).

If anyone running CB935 has a bit of time to test, you can download v0.9.1 here.

21. Offline

Tux2

Looks good. I just ran a huge test on it and it seems that it is working. I didn't test restarting the server though as I'm assuming that you didn't fix that quite yet.

22. Offline

mattmoss

Thanks for the test run. Yeah, server restarts and chunk un/loading is the last thing I want to do to hit version 1.0.

23. Offline

Tim619

I'm sorry to inform you matt but there is a plugins called Lavafurnace that run on lavas
    already,

24. Offline

mattmoss

No mistake; the plugins do not do the same thing. Please check it yourself.

25. Offline

Tim619

Uhh lava furnace runs on lava however crafted differently
    DwarfForge runs of lava and crafted differently
    Difference:Just crafted differenlty.

26. Offline

mattmoss

So there you go... You are smarter than you first appeared. Although there are also other differences if you look a bit closer.

I would recommend using whichever plugin you like. Since I'm not running your server, it's your choice.

27. Offline

Tux2

While we are on the subject of this, how about a few more differences:
    • Lava furnaces usually eventually run out of lava
    • Lava furnaces are not compact
    • Lava furnaces are not stackable friendly or use the same input/output chests when stacked.
    • Lava furnaces take more supplies to build.
    • LavaFurnace and DwarfForge will attract different people.
    You could also say that there is no reason to have ClayGen and GravelClay because they both turn gravel into clay when water runs over it. You might want to read this though

Arcwolf and mattmoss like this.
  28. Offline

Arcwolf

Seriously people, I wrote LavaFurnace and I can OFFICIALLY say NO they are not the same. Two different plugins, two different audiences and completely different coding. There is more then enough room for the both of us.

So please, keep it out of my thread

Thanks.

@mattmoss keep up the good work!

BlackPandemic and mattmoss like this.
  29. Offline

mattmoss

Thanks! Same to you... and with that video... you, sir, win the intertubes. SRSLY. LOL.

30. Offline

rtcabooservb

Does it work with latest build of CB? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.