[INACTIVE] iQuest v3.2.0 - Take NPC questing to the next level! [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by sddddgjd, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Offline

sddddgjd

iQuest is no longer in active development!

Yeah,that's right,i quit,you can all go home now...:D
    Jokes aside, i am forced to quit working on iQuest,for a number of reasons,including:​

• The code was old...very old! Updating the entire thing just isn't possible!
    • I am really busy with 2 other,bigger,projects, so i can't spend that much time on this!
    • I am not as familiar with the code as i could be if i created it!
    • Big parts of the code just plain suck...i was a really bad coder when i starter this project! :D
    That being said,don't panic! I am going to recreate iQuest from SCRATCH, using just a small part of the main code! It will act the same,however some of the important changes will be:

• Superperms support! It's the future,it's time for people to switch over...
    • More quest types!
    • Parties!
    • Speed improvements!
    • MySQL/SQLite database support!
    • Much easier commands,and interface
    • Spout support!
    • MASSIVE support for RPGWorld, one of the 2 big projects i'm working on...that thing will be INSANE!
    • New configuration support! Should be much harder to mess it up...

You may be wondering,how am i going to pull this off? Well, first of all, i have @Samkio , @tips48, @r3Fuze , and the rest of our coding team to help me! However, we all have to work on separate parts of the plugin, so i will make yet another coding team, which will work exlusively at the questing part! (it will also work as a stand-alone,don't worry :D)

So,that was it, i will start actually working on it now!
    If you want to take part in development,just PM me! If you have atleast one plugin,i'll probably know you already! :p

@cwingrav
    @julietnpn
    @Pandemoneus

You guys helped me the most during development...interested in joining this?

For more details on the new plugin, click!

chudy126p, Samkio, powback and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

undeadmach1ne

oh i wasnt asking you to spawn them with houses, was just saying that its a super cool idea. if you are up to the challenge i would be happy to use it though :) i wish i wasnt supposed to be working right now so i could catch up with all these features you are adding lol...*tries to stop lurking bukkit forums and get to work*

3. Offline

Teh Samhain

I replaced the quest files, but that didn't work. However, after restarting the computer it was fine. I don't know why, but I'm not complaining! :)

4. Offline

sddddgjd

yeah,i removed it! And i really don't care about this stuff,it was in the plugin when i took it fom hawox,and the name was changed automatically to sddddgjd! :D

Really? Interesting...java got reset when you restarting it,must have been a hava bug then...well,i'm not complaining either!

I need to fix essentials eco first :(
    I hate essentials eco...it's really giving me problems!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  5. Offline

undeadmach1ne

what about that register api? i guess something like that would require a rewrite of the whole economy system...which leads me to post this picture again...

6. Offline

sddddgjd

i don't need it,what i'm doing SHOULD be simple! all i want is to add some money to the damn player!

Ok,download link updated,with fixed essentials support! :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

lowmotion

What happend to the German Quest file?
    The link is offline.

8. Offline

Aricus

Is there anyway to make it so the quests are random every time? I know it's kinda neat for them to go through all 50 that come with it without any repeats but I don't mind if they get repeats. (Maybe as long as it checks you aren't given the same one back to back).

Would this be hard to implement and just give it another option in the config to have random quests on or off? We've had the plugin on the server for two days and one player has already burned through 37 of 50 quests!!! Randomizing them would make it that I won't have to add more so often because then he can just do quests he has already done.

Thanks!

9. Offline

hiro24

This is amazing! Finally I don't need a plugin to link a plugin to a plugin.. it's just a quester that links directly to citizens! I do have 1 small request for a future release:

Would it be possible to make the turn in location different from the quest accept location?

Here's my scenario. NPC A says "Go fight your way through this dungeon, and talk to NPC B at the end".. you make it all the way through, and right click NPC B to turn in the quest. I'd even be fine w/ making them carry some item.. dirt, whatever.. as long as they have to go from point A to point B in order to complete the quest. Is this possible with a future build? Please say yes....

10. Offline

Zocomen

Getting an error. Just downloaded it. Using #1000 Bukkit. With Super-Perm.
    I also tryed to /reload the server, but still getting this error:
    Code:
    2011-08-10 18:38:56 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/iQuest.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:173)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:130)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:378)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:281)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:312)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/earth2me/essentials/api/UserDoesNotExistException
        at sddddgjd.iquest.iQuest.<init>(iQuest.java:122)
        ... 16 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.earth2me.essentials.api.UserDoesNotExistException
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:319)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:264)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:332)
        ... 17 more
    Can't see the problem since it is a complete default settings on.

11. Offline

sddddgjd

Yea,it's possible! In fact,it's really easy! I'll update it either today or tomorrow!

Install essentials,tell me if you still get the error!

12. Offline

YellowFellow

Great plugin! keep up the good work:)

13. Offline

Zocomen

Already have Essentials installed. Essentials.jar + essentialsspawn.jar
    Also using BOSEconomy for that part.

14. Offline

hiro24

O.O !!!!

You are my hero if you do this... <3

15. Offline

sddddgjd

When do you get an error?
    On server startup?
    Or when you complete a quest?

16. Offline

Zocomen

Server start up, hav'nt even tryed to complete a quest, Since I can't use any commands.

17. Offline

YellowFellow

You should make another quest type like Time_Played so you complete a quest by just playing the server

18. Offline

sddddgjd

I managed to replicate your error by deleting essentials from my "plugins" folder! Make sure you have the latest version of essentials!
    Also,i'll try to find out why it crashes when it doesn't detect essentials...

19. Offline

Zocomen

Ye, I have like 1 week old version of essential's. Might be that.
    Will try it out and report back.

20. Offline

sddddgjd

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13921141/Essentials.jar
    This is the version i use,in case the newest one doesn't work!

21. Offline

YellowFellow

Im having a problem with the Block_Place Quest type. Whenever i click on the npc for the quest it says the info and then objective:none and people can just turn in the quest right away for money.
    Quest:

Name: Your Homeless!Go make yourself a house.
    Start_Info: Use your stack of wood planks to make a house.Buy more if needed
    Finish_Info: Your one step away!
    Rewards:
    Money: 250
    Objectives:
    0:
    Type: Block_Place
    Item:
    Item_ID: 5
    Display_Name: Wood Planks
    Amount: 64
    Durability: 0

In game looks like this:

Your Homeless!Go make yourself a house
    Use your stck of Wood planks to make a house.Buy more if needed
    ObJective:
    None
    Reward:
    250 dollars

22. Offline

isikerkan

How i can create NPC who give random Quest and not that i have predefined?
    Example:
    /qn create [Bot Name] questnumber
    Then he gives only one Quest.

23. Offline

sddddgjd

/qn create [Bot name]
    You dont give the quest number!

That's because you need to place BLOCKS,and yet you specify an item!
    It must look like this:
    0:
    Type: Block_Place
    Display_Name: Torches Placed
    Objective_ID: 50
    Amount: 100

isikerkan likes this.
  24. Offline

spomino

Thank you so much !!!! Can't wait for move quests !

25. Offline

sddddgjd

if by "move" quests you mean quests that require you to finish them at another npc,then yes,those are coming!

26. Offline

spomino

Yes that's what i'm talking about.

27. Offline

sddddgjd

I'm putting them in now!

28. Offline

Gazownik

Any random movie from creating quest maybe?;d

29. Offline

sddddgjd

Updated download link,should now support coloured names...it's just a hotfix!

???
    what movie?

30. Offline

TheGurw

You need the CB RB# in the title....

31. Offline

sddddgjd

Now that's wierd,i used to have it....:confused: