[INACTIVE] iQuest v3.2.0 - Take NPC questing to the next level! [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by sddddgjd, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Offline

sddddgjd

iQuest is no longer in active development!

Yeah,that's right,i quit,you can all go home now...:D
    Jokes aside, i am forced to quit working on iQuest,for a number of reasons,including:​

• The code was old...very old! Updating the entire thing just isn't possible!
    • I am really busy with 2 other,bigger,projects, so i can't spend that much time on this!
    • I am not as familiar with the code as i could be if i created it!
    • Big parts of the code just plain suck...i was a really bad coder when i starter this project! :D
    That being said,don't panic! I am going to recreate iQuest from SCRATCH, using just a small part of the main code! It will act the same,however some of the important changes will be:

• Superperms support! It's the future,it's time for people to switch over...
    • More quest types!
    • Parties!
    • Speed improvements!
    • MySQL/SQLite database support!
    • Much easier commands,and interface
    • Spout support!
    • MASSIVE support for RPGWorld, one of the 2 big projects i'm working on...that thing will be INSANE!
    • New configuration support! Should be much harder to mess it up...

You may be wondering,how am i going to pull this off? Well, first of all, i have @Samkio , @tips48, @r3Fuze , and the rest of our coding team to help me! However, we all have to work on separate parts of the plugin, so i will make yet another coding team, which will work exlusively at the questing part! (it will also work as a stand-alone,don't worry :D)

So,that was it, i will start actually working on it now!
    If you want to take part in development,just PM me! If you have atleast one plugin,i'll probably know you already! :p

@cwingrav
    @julietnpn
    @Pandemoneus

You guys helped me the most during development...interested in joining this?

For more details on the new plugin, click!

chudy126p, Samkio, powback and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

yakasuki

iconomy support? also mcmmo support lolz id like some xp XD

3. Offline

sddddgjd

It's already got iconomy,and BOSeconomy support...
    You can hook into mcmmo? Interesting...i'll put this on my to do list,but right now i wanna fix the ghasts!

I feel LIKE A BOSS! Finally fixed ghasts! 2.1.0 is out!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  4. Hello. I am Lutheranus ^.^. My server, Medievalcraft is the offical server for UQuest.
    Medievalcraft
    Medievalcraft.net
    rp.medievalcraft.net:25865

5. Offline

grifOndOr

not compatible with npcquest ?
    i ve got severe error like
    unacceptable character #FFFD special characters are not allowed
    in

6. Offline

sddddgjd

yea,the latest version isn't....
    i CAN fix it,but i'm not allowed to publish his modified code!
    I asked him to give me permission to modify it, and still haven't gotten any response! I'll try to message him...if he accepts,npc-quester will be included in the base plugin! :D

7. Offline

KarnEdge

@sddddgjd
    I finally got it to work, I wiped everything to do with uQuest and downloaded v2.1.0 and also uploaded the files you gave. Only complaint I have now is my console keeps giving these messages:
    CONSOLE: Entity killed!!!!

Which is rather annoying... thanks though!

Wow... umm yeah, is there anyway to turn off these messages in the console?
    Code:
    CONSOLE: A player damaged the creature!
    CONSOLE: Entity killed!!!!
    CONSOLE: Creature killed!
    Or also, turn off the "The spider you just killed was quest-related"... Or at least have the tracker actually put a message saying: "Spiders killed: 1/5" instead.

8. Offline

sddddgjd

Updated the tracker...

9. Offline

KarnEdge

lol nice post, alright sounds good!

10. Offline

yakasuki

kk XD

11. Offline

sddddgjd

What kind of mcMMO support do you want?
    Please explain detailed,and i'll get on it tomorrow (gotta finish the tracker,and add NPC support :))

12. Offline

yakasuki

i change mah mind i dont want mcmmo support you'd get xp while doing the quest sorry for the confusion XD btw nice plug-in

13. Offline

sddddgjd

Bump,just to let everyone know there is a BIG update coming...i mean it will be BIG!
    It will really change UQuest into the better,most of the original classes will change! I don't wanna reveal anything yet,though! ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

grifOndOr

can't wait for the update and the fix for npcquest :)

15. Offline

sddddgjd

Oh,that will be in! :D
    But i don't want to spoil it,lol!

16. Offline

grifOndOr

17. Offline

sddddgjd

18. Offline

Plague

Sorry for the delay in submission approvals, I've been away for a while.

19. Offline

RugRats

OMG Finally someone brought it back!

I made a mirror so you no longer have to go to mediafire http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17686615/uQuest.jar

20. Offline

sddddgjd

No problem,we all deserve a holiday! :D

Thanks,i'll start using dropbox to get support for that updater-thing

21. Offline

alfskan

is it item reward possible?:) not a money.

22. Offline

sddddgjd

yeah,just look at the big quests list! There are some item rewards...you declare them the same way you declare item objectives (get 3*dirt,or something similar)! If you need more help, PM me!

Also, the BIIIG update for iQuest is almost there! I'm setting up the dropbox,and uploading the right files right now! It will be AWESOME!

Bump,the 3.0 update is OUT! I'm so proud of this one,coded it from scratch myself! :D

23. Offline

spomino

Hello,
    Still working on Essentials eco ? :rolleyes:
    you may forget it, but i really need it :'( just tell me that you didn't forget...
    also: great job with npc questers because the "NPC-questers" plugin was a bit too slow for updating ... And good luck for coming features !
    And how do i set NPC questers ? i didn't find it in the config ...

24. Offline

sddddgjd

/qn create [npcname] [iquestid]
    Ok,ok,i'll do it tomorrow...or maybe today,depends on my mood! :D

25. Offline

sultyice

I made an account because this is such an amazing plug in.
    Questions though.
    Where in the files can we see what npc's are tied to what quests?
    Are there chain quests?
    Can NPC's Have more than one quest?
    Can you choose which one to take if so?

26. Offline

sddddgjd

Unfortunately,you can't see yet...the NPC->quest data is inside the iquest.bin ile which gets created when you first start the plugin...inside there's a hashmap,not sure if there are any programs able to open it...
    But i could release a small update which tells you,when you type /qn check [npc name] which quest that npc has assigned...

For your second question,not yet, again, i might release a small update enabling that,but i can't be sure...i should check!

For the third question...nope,and right now it's impossible to do! But after i release chain quests,it won't be needed either! :D

27. Offline

sultyice

If you do chain quests as a solution to the multiple quests per npc which is a perfect solution if. You allow a player to either A. have more than one quests or B. allow the player to drop the quest during the middle of the chain and pick up another quest line. Then go back to the original quest line and pick up where they started

My reasoning is if you have a long chain that might not be easily beat the player probably would like a break and to try different quests.
    The only problem with Solution B is the penalty for dropping quests. Of course this can be solved with a seperate penalty for dropping chain quests so as to discourage single quest dropping but not mid chain dropping.

Hope this helps maybe a little.

28. Offline

sddddgjd

Solution A is,unfortunately,impossible...
    And on solution B,that's how i wanted it! See,i'll just make a requirement at some quests, so that you need to finish another one before getting to this...if you didn't finish it,a message will come up with something like "This guard doesn't have anything to tell you" or similar! Player are able to drop quests,so they will always be able to pick up where they left!

29. Offline

sultyice

I wouldn't say impossible I believe there is 2 plug-ins that allow multiple quests, But besides that is there a config setting I'm not seeing for setting a quest to be completed only once per player.

30. Offline

sddddgjd

Nope,i didn't think anyone would need it...i'll add it tomorrow if you want!

31. Offline

grifOndOr

hmm when i do /qn , it says unknown command console

did i miss something ?

edit : my mistake i download the 2;11 ^^