[INACTIVE][INFO] WorldSeed v0.3 - Allow users to view your World's Seed [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Neobenedict, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Neobenedict

WorldSeed - A plugin to view a World's seed.
    Version: v0.3

This plugin, in a nutshell, allows other users on your server to view the seed of a world. Currently everyone with permissions view the seed for the main world using /worldseed. This plugin is designed for servers which do not have very many plugins - if you have a "Essentials"-like plugin, that plugin may have it in.

Features:
    • Lightweight
    • Allows quick access to the Main World's Seed
    • Multiworld support
    • Permissions
    Permission Node:
    • WorldSeed.use - allows use of /worldseed
    Download: DropBox

Todo:
    • MultiWorld Support - Done (0.2)
    • Permissions Support - Done (0.3)
    • Allow /worldseed to be used in console (Low)
    Changelog:
    Version 0.3
    • Added Permissions
    Version 0.2
    • Added MultiWorld Support
    Version 0.1
    • Initial Launch

DannyDog likes this.
  2. Offline

bradgillap

I'll use it.

3. Offline

Neobenedict

Permissions support will be added in 0.3 which is due to be finished tommorow, got to get sleep first.

4. I waiting for permissions support :)

5. Offline

aPunch

You seem to know what everyone on these forums wants. :rolleyes:

6. Offline

fitofinsanity

I want this! Now I can regenerate some old maps that have been ruined! Thank You!

7. Offline

DannyDog

ill use this :D... i need something like this..

8. Offline

Black_Jack

build 733
    I'm so nooby shit, nevermind.

BTW, trying /worldseed by console, he put me
    Code:
    >worldseed
    15:20:32 [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'worldseed' in plugin WorldSeed v0.1
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:247)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:394)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:379)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.ColouredConsoleSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
            at me.neobenedict.WorldSeed.WorldSeed.onCommand(WorldSeed.java:33)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 6 more

9. Offline

KiloWhiskey

I can't imagine giving my world seed to a player on the server. That could be used to generate a lot of world info offline that the player could abuse in the server, like ore, dungeon and pumpkin locations. I guess it would be ok for finding the seed of you own world if you didn't know it, but there's already stand alone programs that do that. And all you need is the dat file.

10. Offline

Neobenedict

Oh, it is doing that because the plugin is trying to send to the person who sent it, aka a player, and it isn't set up for replying to console commands. I'll put that on the to-do.
    0.3 should be coming out in less than an hour

0.3 out: permissions!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  11. Offline

tha d0ctor

cant someone please explain to me what this does?

12. Offline

Neobenedict

You type /worldseed and it gets the seed of the current map. If you don't know what the "seed" is, look it up on the minecraft wiki.

13. Offline

Neobenedict

This means you don't need to download anything from your server to find the seed, and others who can't get your files who want to know the seed can get it.

14. Offline

Oblyvian

couldn't help, but suggest chunkregenerate. it's a mod that lets you as the name says regen any chunk based off the world's seed.

15. Offline

PhantomGamers

Permissions support should be optional :(

deleted_70790 likes this.
  16. Offline

deleted_70790

Yeah, please make it optional. Just add a check for permissionHandler == null and allow it then

17. Offline

PhantomGamers

That's easy to edit in, I actually did that myself... Trying to make it so there is a config file that allows for everyone to use the command.
    I want to do that, and allow for use through the console...
    I should be able to do that, but it would mess up all multi-world support.
    Unless I made a check for console, and made it so only the console version loses multi world support.

Or I could possibly make it list the seeds for all worlds... Hm.
    I would like some feedback.

Not trying to steal the OP's topic, just trying to get into Java is all. :p

18. Offline

deleted_70790

I just asking myself why Permissions is actually needed for a plugin that justs sends the world seed out. Whats the secret on the seed? I guess none.

And if you like to get the seed(s) from console i suggest to use a parameter on your console command to specify the world. Or simply iterate over all worlds and display their corresponding seeds.

19. Offline

PhantomGamers

On survival servers, users can get the seed and generate the Map in single player to find all of the resources.

Yeah, I planned on doing the latter.