[INACTIVE][INFO]MineRSS v1.2.1 - RSS Feeds In Minecraft [670]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by rmb938, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Offline

rmb938

MineRSS - RSS Feeds In Minecraft
    Version: v1.3

MineRSS is a rss fead reader for bukkit. It will work on any rss feed and will broadcast a message ingame of the newest post in the feed.

On first run it will make a folder inside plugins named MineRSS and a config file called config.properties. In that file you should find something like this:

Download:
    Build 617+: MineRSS v1.0,
    Build 670+: MineRSS v1.1, MineRSS v1.2, MineRSS v1.2.1, MineRSS v1.3, MineRSS v1.4

Configuration:
    Code:
    #===MineRSS Configuration===
    #Thu Apr 07 17:57:25 EDT 2011
    Website=url
    NumberofFeeds=1

Replace url with your rss feed url then reload your plugins. The broadcast will happen every 30 minutes as well look for any new posts on the feed.

Any suggestions or bugs please post bellow and I will be happy to take a look at them.

Features:
    • Reads from a RSS feed and reports the first post ingame every 30 minutes.
    My RSS feed in the background with the first post broadcasted ingame:

[​IMG]

ChangeLog:
    4/12/11:
    Added options to specify if its a timer,login or bookshelf as well as how long the timer is

4/11/11:
    No more html when broadcasting ingame

4/8/2011:
    Bug fix for more info links

Added a choice on the number of feeds up to 5.
    Randomly picks a feed post every 30 minutes

4/7/2011:
    Added link to rss post after broadcast.

Plugin Release

weasel5i2 likes this.
  2. Offline

Indyhouse

This is great! I would love to see an option to give the Subject/Title only of the last few items in the RSS feed. Like click a bookshelf and get the last five entry titles only, with the ability for us to config a line that doesn't change to say, "To read more, go to www.thewebsite.com" for example. Since users can't click URLs in the game, it's kind of obvious they need to go to the site to read more, so the titles of the RSS entries should suffice.

3. Offline

eatorb

4. Offline

Plague

considered inactive