[INACTIVE][INFO] Help 0.2: The smart /help menu [531]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by tkelly, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Offline

tkelly

Help v0.2
    Download Help v0.2
    Download Help (Static Jar)
    Help Source Code
    Suggest Features

Help has support for both GroupManager and Permissions, so you can use either one. You can also use neither if you so choose. Help will not force you to any which one.

What is Help?
    Help is a clean and advanced /help menu. Help separates "main" commands from secondary ones, allowing you to have a clean initial menu, but still able to dig down and get access to every possible command.

It is also the first /help menu to take into account permissions; some commands simply aren't applicable to all users, so those commands should clearly not be visible to those users. Now, default users' help menus won't be cluttered with commands for admin tools they have no way of using.

Scroll down for a preview, or see below for how to hook into Help :)

Help Commands
    /help (#) : Shows the /help menu.
    /help http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ (#)[/I][/B]:[/FONT] Shows all the help entries for [I][plugin][/I]. [B][FONT=courier new]/help plugins[/FONT][/B] : Shows a list of all the plugins with Help entries. [FONT=courier new][B]/help search [I][query][/I][/B][/FONT] : Searches for [I][query][/I] within it' entries. [B][FONT=courier new]/help reload[/FONT][/B] : Reloads the entries from ExtraHelp.yml. [FONT=helvetica][SIZE=5][B]Plugin Support[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] Help requires that plugins tell Help about the commands they use. This makes sure that the commands and permissions are accurate and precise (rather than trying to auto fetch commands). Because it's ridiculous to assume that all plugins will instantly jump up and support Help (we can dream can't we? :D), server admins can mimic this behavior by supplying... [SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B]Custom ExtraHelp/[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] In the Help.zip download, I include a Help/ folder with a sample extra helps inside the ExtraHelp folder. This shows you how you can add custom commands to the /help menu. I'll also cover how to do that here. Each command has a "name", this name is only for you, as Help doesn't care about it (they just need to be unique names). In the following example the names are 'versions', 'pluginversions', 'kick' and 'essentialswho'. Within these Nodes you [U][I][B]need[/B][/I][/U] 3 things: command, description, and plugin. These should be self-explanatory. The two optional pieces are "main" and "permissions". If you specify a "main", you can choose whether or not the command is important enough to show up on the main /help menu; if you leave it blank or skip it, it will default to 'false'. If you specify a "visible", you can specify whether the command shows up at all. This is useful for overriding other plugins' built-in Help support (in case you don't want all the commands); if you leave it blank or skip it, it will default to 'true'. If you specify a "permissions", you can choose what is necessary for the user to see the command; and leaving it blank will allow all to see. So in the case of /version, all users can use it, so no permissions. But with /who, you have to have essentials.list, so that was specified. There is also a special permission case, "OP". By specifying this, this will require the user to be an OP to use the command (as is the case with Minecraft's built-in /kick command). [CODE] versions: command: version description: Show the version of Minecraft and CB plugin: CraftBukkit main: true pluginversions: command: version [plugin] description: Shows the version of [plugin] plugin: CraftBukkit kick: command: kick [player] description: Kicks [player] from the server plugin: Minecraft main: true permissions: OP essentialswho: command: who description: Show who's one the server plugin: Essentials main: true permissions: essentials.list [/CODE] [B][SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica]How To Hook into Help.[/FONT][/SIZE][/B] Hooking into Help is extremely easy, and very similar to hooking into any permission-plugin. When your plugin is starting up, just grab the Help plugin and register your commands with Help's registerCommand() method; that's it! Here's the API and some examples. If you'd like a concrete example, check out the relevant source code from [URL='https://github.com/tkelly910/MyHome/blob/master/src/main/java/me/taylorkelly/myhome/HomeHelp.java']MyHome[/URL] and [URL='https://github.com/tkelly910/BigBrother/blob/master/src/main/java/me/taylorkelly/bigbrother/BBHelp.java']BigBrother[/URL]. [SIZE=4][FONT=helvetica][B]Help API[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [CODE] /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * There are no permissions, so all users can see it. * It is also not a "main" help entry. * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin); /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * There are no permissions, so all users can see it. * You can set whether the plugin is a "main" entry or not * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin, boolean main); /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * You can specify one or more permissions. * If a user has permissions for at least (1) of them, he can see this command * It is also not a "main" help entry. * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin, String... permissions); /** * Registers the given command, description, and plugin. * You can specify one or more permissions. * If a user has permissions for at least (1) of them, he can see this command * You can set whether the plugin is a "main" entry or not * @return Whether or not it was successful */ public boolean registerCommand(String command, String description, Plugin plugin, boolean main, String... permissions); [/CODE] [SIZE=4][FONT=helvetica][B]Basic Example[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [CODE] // plugin is the instance of your Plugin registering the commands Plugin test = plugin.getServer().getPluginManager().getPlugin("Help"); if (test != null) { Logger log = Logger.getLogger("Minecraft"); Help helpPlugin = ((Help) test); // Registers a main command. But all users will be able to see it helpPlugin.registerCommand("home help", "Help for all MyHome commands", plugin, true); // Registers a secondary command to our plugin (MyHome), but the user has to have the permission to see it helpPlugin.registerCommand("home", "Go home young chap!", plugin, "myhome.home.basic.home"); log.log(Level.INFO, "'Help' support enabled."); } else { Logger log = Logger.getLogger("Minecraft"); log.log(Level.WARNING, "'Help' isn't detected. No /help support."); } [/CODE] [SIZE=4][FONT=helvetica][B]Slightly More Advanced Example[/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [CODE] Help helpPlugin = ((Help) test); String[] permissions = new String[]{"bb.admin.watch", "bb.admin.info", "bb.admin.rollback", "bb.admin.cleanse"}; // If a user has any one of those permissions, they'll be able to see /bb help. A main command helpPlugin.registerCommand("bb help", "Help for all BigBrother commands", plugin, true, permissions); // If a user has "bb.admin.watch" they'll be able to see /bb watch [player]. A secondary command helpPlugin.registerCommand("bb watch [player]", "Toggle the watch on [player]", plugin, permissions[0]); [/CODE] [FONT=helvetica][SIZE=5][B]Plugins with Help Support[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] Here's a quick list of plugins (and version) that have built in Help support. - MyHome v1.9.2+ - MyWarp v1.10.3+ - BigBrother v1.6.4+ - Citizens v1.0+ - General 3.1+ - TelePlus 1.6+ - Pixl 1.3+ - Vampire 1.3+ [FONT=helvetica][SIZE=5][B]ExtraHelp Packs[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL='https://github.com/FabianN/MC-Bukkit-HelpExtra']FabianN put together a repository of entries for your ExtraHelp/ that represent other plugins' commands.[/URL] It's really awesome and was helped put together by others from the community. [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Preview[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AE9cG.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cII2X.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=5][B][FONT=helvetica]Changelog[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] [SPOILER="Changelog"] [SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B][URL='http://taylorkelly.me/plugins/Help/Help%20v0-2.zip'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]Help v0.2 [531][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [I]Released 15 Mar, 2011[/I] - Built with latest recommend build (531) - Multiline support. Descriptions of commands can now be as long as you'd like. - Separated ExtraHelp.yml into separate YML files (for each plugin, etc). - Plugin overriding. Don't like how a plugin has their Help support? Completely customize their entries. [SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B][URL='http://taylorkelly.me/plugins/Help/Help%20v0-1-1.zip']Help v0.1.1 [493][/URL][/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [I]Released 6 Mar, 2011[/I] - Built with latest recommend build (493) - Updated for GroupManager 1.0 [SIZE=5][FONT=helvetica][B][URL='http://taylorkelly.me/plugins/Help/Help%20v0-1.zip'][COLOR=rgb(16, 97, 179)]Help v0.1 [440][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/FONT][/SIZE] [I]Released 28 Feb, 2011[/I] - Intial Release [/SPOILER]/

2. Offline

shane3x

I downloaded the .zip file but mine didn't come with a ExtraHelp.yml

Could anybody copy/paste the code from theirs so I can actually start putting in commands for my own server please?

3. Offline

Dateranoth

4. Offline

rootETh

I get the same, can't see why I have no commands showing in help, thought maybe because I didn't have a permissions manager so I installed groupmanager but TNA :/

5. Offline

tkelly

@Tiramon @rootETh : Yea, sorry about that. I was messing about with the console a little and forgot to take out some code. Like Dater said, you can use '?' for now, but tomorrow I'll get 0.1.2 up with the fix for this.

6. Offline

souterain

Throwing an error in the log when loading:
    Code:
    2011-03-09 00:09:22 [SEVERE] [HELP] Error!
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpLoader.load(HelpLoader.java:64)
        at me.taylorkelly.help.Help.onEnable(Help.java:29)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:187)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    2011-03-09 00:09:22 [INFO] [HELP] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v2.5.3
    2011-03-09 00:09:22 [INFO] [HELP] Help 0.1.1 enabled
    CB 493, Help 0.1.1

7. Offline

tkelly

could I see your ExtraHelp.yml?

8. Offline

souterain

Here it is
    Code:
    versions:
        command: version
        description: Show the version of Minecraft and CB.
        plugin: CraftBukkit
        main: true
    pluginversions:
        command: version [plugin]
        description: Shows the version of [plugin].
        main: false
    pluginlist:
        command: plugins
        description: Shows the plugins loaded in CB.
    time:
        command: time [sunrise|dawn|noon|dusk|sunset|night]
        description: Sets the time.
        plugin: CommandBook
        permissions: commandbook.time
    item:
        command: item <item[:data]> [amount]
        description: Spawn Blocks to play with
        permissions: commandbook.give
    give:
        command: give <target> <item[:data]> <amount>
        description: Give stuff to other players
        permissions: commandbook.give
    who:
        command: who|list
        description: Who's online
        permissions: commandbook.who
    msg:
        command: msg|message|whisper|pm <player> <message>
        description: Send private message.
        permissions: commandbook.msg
    rules:
        command: rules
        description: Displays the rules.
        permissions: commandbook.rules
    motd:
        command: motd
        description: Displays the motd.
        permissions: commandbook.motd
    clear:
        command: clear [-a]
        description: Clear your inventory.
        permissions: commandbook.clear
    ping:
        command: ping
        description: Pong! Test succesful!
        plugin: Commandbook
        permissions:
    tp:
        command: tp|teleport <destination>
        description: Teleport to player.
        permissions: commandbook.teleport
    tphere:
        command: tphere|bring <player>
        description: <player> to you teleport.
        permissions: commandbook.teleport.other
    god:
        command: god
        description: Gods yourself or player.
        plugin: WorldGuard
        permissions: /god
    heal:
        command: heal [player]
        description: Heals yourself or player.
        permissions: worldguard.heal
    spawn:
        command: spawn
        description: Teleports to spawn.
        permissions: commandbook.spawn
    setspawn:
        command: setspawn
        description: Sets the spawn location.
        permissions: commandbook.setspawn
    stopfire:
        command: stopfire
        description: Disables fire spread.
        permissions: worldguard.stopfire
    allowfire:
        command: allowfire
        description: Enables fire spread.
        permissions: worldguard.stopfire

9. Offline

Taeir

If a command doesnt have a permission leave the whole "permissions:" out. Set it to
    ping:
    description: Pong! Test succesful!
    plugin: Commandbook
    tp:
    etc.

10. Offline

korin125

Is there any way I can make a more basic help menu? Just a text file saying all of the commands?
    Or is there any way I could use the ExtraHelp file without the regular help given by plugins?

11. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Why would you want to do that?

12. Offline

souterain

Thankyou! Clean startup again!

13. Offline

LostSoulFly

Not having the best success with this, not really sure why.

I'm getting:

Code:
    2011-03-10 04:34:43 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    2011-03-10 04:34:43 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-03-10 04:34:43 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-03-10 04:34:43 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-493-g8b5496e-[U]b[B]493[/B][/U]jnks (MC: 1.3)
    2011-03-10 04:34:43 [INFO] Preparing level "Pandora"
    2011-03-10 04:34:43 [INFO] Preparing start region
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.5.4] (Phoenix) was Initialized.
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] BedrockControl version 1.0 is enabled with permissions!
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] ChatBukkit v0.0.1 is enabled!
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] CommandBook 1.1 enabled.
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] CommandBook: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permissions plugin for permissions.
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] Loading map 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.KzedMap'...
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] Loading renderer 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRenderer'...
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] Loading renderer 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.CaveTileRenderer'...
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] Activated world 'Pandora' in Dynmap.
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] Loading map 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.KzedMap'...
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] Loading renderer 'org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRenderer'...
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] Dynmap WebServer started on null:8123
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] HealthyNames 0.3 is enabled.
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] [HELP] No extra help entries loaded
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] [HELP] Permissions enabled using: Permissions v2.5.4
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] [HELP] Help 0.1.1 enabled
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] [HeroicDeath] 1.4.4.140 enabled.
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] [InvProt] Inventory Protection v0.1 enabled.
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] [mcMMO] Permissions enabled.
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] mcMMO version 0.8.11 WIP B15 is enabled!
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] MobileAdmin: Starting server...
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] MobileAdminBukkit version 2.3 is enabled!
    2011-03-10 04:34:44 [INFO] MobileAdmin: Server listening on *:5839
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] [MYHOME]: 6 homes loaded
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] [MYHOME] Permissions enabled.
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] [MYHOME] 'Help' support enabled.
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] MyHome 1.9.2 enabled
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] plugins\NetherPortal\np_worlds.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] plugins\NetherPortal\np_portals.txt (The system cannot find the path specified)
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] NetherPortal 0.3.2 enabled.
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.5.4] (Phoenix)  loaded
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] CommandBook: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permissions plugin for permissions.
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] [PreciousStones] version [2.8.1] loaded
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] [PreciousStones] loaded 0 unbreakable blocks
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] [PreciousStones] loaded 0 forcefield blocks
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] [PreciousStones] 'Help' support enabled
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] ScrapBukkit version 0.2.1 is enabled!
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] SlowHealth 2.3 enabled! Rate: 2.0s | Amount: 1
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO]  | Max: 18
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] Done (0.174s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] 143 recipes
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] Tsimpson91 [/*************:50280] logged in with entity id 223
    2011-03-10 04:34:45 [INFO] Loaded world: Pandora

2011-03-10 04:35:16 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'help' in plugin Help v0.1.1
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:33)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:183)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:619)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:582)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:576)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions cannot be cast to com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
    at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpPermissions.permission(HelpPermissions.java:40)
    at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpEntry.playerCanUse(HelpEntry.java:40)
    at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpList.getSortedHelp(HelpList.java:38)
    at me.taylorkelly.help.Lister.setPage(Lister.java:32)
    at me.taylorkelly.help.Help.onCommand(Help.java:67)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:31)
    ... 12 more
    With 493 and above list of plugins. I can't use several commands that I once could, OP'd or not, full permissions or not.

14. Offline

tkelly

@LostSoulFly : Try upgrading to 522 or whatever the latest recommended build. That error is caused by a bug that was in a few builds of CraftBukkit.

15. Offline

Olof Larsson

16. Offline

Taeir

It would be nice if you had a database or that you could download the help files for a plugin that doesnt support help (yet).

For those interested here are my Essentials Help files:
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    ELoc:
        command: help ELoc
        description: List all location commands from Essentials
        plugin: Essentials
    essentialsdepth:
        command: depth
        description: Displays your current block depth in relation to sea-level.
        plugin: ELoc
        permissions: essentials.depth
    essentialsgetpos:
        command: getpos
        description: Displays your current coordinate location in the world.
        permissions: essentials.getpos
    essentialscompass:
        command: compass
        description: Displays your current bearing in the world.
        permissions: essentials.compass
    essentialstop:
        command: top
        description: Teleports you to the highest block at your current location.
        permissions: essentials.top
    essentialsjump:
        command: jump, /j
        description: Teleports you to the nearest block, in your line of sight (Crosshair).
        permissions: essentials.jump
    essentialsback:
        command: back
        description: Use this command after dying, it will transport you to a safe deathpoint.
        permissions: essentials.back
    essentialsworld:
        command: world [nether|gamercide]
        description: Allows you to teleport to any world by name, which is on the server.
        permissions: essentials.world

ESocial:
        command: help ESocial
        description: List all Social commands from Essentials
    essentialsmsg:
        command: msg, /whisper, /tell, /m [player] [message]
        description: This allows you to private message another player.
        plugin: ESocial
        permissions: essentials.msg
    essentialsafk:
        command: afk [reason]
        description: Sets your status as AFK.
        permissions: essentials.afk
    essentialsrules:
        command: rules [page]
        description: Displays the rules.
        permissions: essentials.rules
    essentialsmotd:
        command: motd
        description: Displays the Message Of The Day.
        permissions: essentials.motd
    essentialsme:
        command: me [message]
        description: Allows you to emote.
        permissions: essentials.me
    essentialslist:
        command: list, /who, /playerlist, /online, /L
        description: Lists the players online and how many slots are left.
        permissions: essentials.list
    essentialsmail:
        command: mail [read|clear|send] [player] [message]
        description: Allows you to send, recieve, and read mail from other players on the server.
        permissions: essentials.mail
    essentialshelpop:
        command: helpop [message]
        description: Requests help from online admins/operators.
        permissions: essentials.helpop
    essentialswhois:
        command: whois [nickname|playername]
        description: Displays a specified players money, real name (if using a nick), and afk status.
        permissions: essentials.whois
    essentialsnick:
        command: nick, /n [player] [nickname|off]
        description: Allows you to give yourself or another player, a nick name.
        plugin: EAdmin
        permissions: essentials.nick
    EAdmin:
        command: help EAdmin
        description: List all Essentials Admin Commands
        permissions: essentials.essentials
    essentialsreload:
        command: essentials
        description: Reloads your Essentials.jar configuration.
        permissions: essentials.essentials
    essentialsreloadall:
        command: reloadall, /rel
        description: Reloads all of your plugins. (Can crash server!)
        permissions: essentials.reloadall
    essentialsgc:
        command: gc
        description: Displays chunk, memory, and world information.
        permissions: essentials.gc
    essentialsplugin:
        command: plugin [list] [<enable|disable|reload> <plugin name>]
        description: Allows you to enable, disable, or reload a specified plugin.
        permissions: essentials.plugin
    essentialsspawnmob:
        command: spawnmob [mob],[mount]:[slime-size] [amount]
        description: Allows you to spawn a specified mob with an optional mount, with Slime-size support.
        permissions: essentials.spawnmob
    essentialsclearinv:
        command: clearinventory [player name]
        description: Allows you to clear your own inventory or the inventory of a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.clearinventory
    essentialsbroadcast:
        command: broadcast
        description: Displays a specified message to all players on the server.
        permissions: essentials.broadcast
    essentialsburn:
        command: burn [player] [seconds]
        description: Sets a player on fire for an amount time.
        permissions: essentials.burn
    essentialsext:
        command: ext [player]
        description: Extinguish a player.
        permissions: essentials.ext
    essentialskill:
        command: kill
        description: Allows you to kill a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.kill
    essentialsping:
        description: Replys with a "Pong!". Used to make sure Essentials.jar is working correctly.
        permissions: essentials.ping

ECheats:
        command: help ECheats
        description: Display Available Cheats
    essentialsgive:
        command: give [player] [item] [amount]
        description: Allows you to give another player a specified item.
        plugin: ECheats
        permissions: essentials.give
    essentialsitem:
        command: item, /i [player] [item] [amount]
        description: Gives yourself a specified item.
        permissions: essentials.item
    essentialstime:
        command: time [day|night]
        description: Allows you to switch the world time between day and night.
        permissions: essentials.time
    essentialstree:
        command: tree [tree|birch|redwood]
        description: Spawns a specified tree 2 blocks in front of yourself.
        permissions: essentials.tree
    essentialsbigtree:
        command: bigtree [tree|redwood]
        description: Spawns a specified big tree 2 blocks in front of yourself.
        permissions: essentials.bigtree
    essentialsgod:
        description: Makes you invulnerable to all damage types.
        permissions: essentials.god
    essentialsheal:
        command: heal [player]
        description: Allows you to completely heal yourself or a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.heal
    ETele:
        command: help ETele
        description: Display Essentials Teleport Commands
    essentialstptoggle:
        command: tptoggle
        description: Toggles players ability to teleport or request teleport to/from you.
        plugin: ETele
        permissions: essentials.tptoggle
    essentialstpa:
        command: tpa [player]
        description: If not denied by tptoggle status, then asks the player if you can teleport to them.
        permissions: essentials.tpa
    essentialstp:
        command: tp, /tele [player]
        description: Direct (you >> player) teleport unless denied by tptoggle status.
        permissions: essentials.tp
    essentialstpo:
        command: tpo
        description: Overrides the tptoggle status and directly teleports you to the specified player.
        permissions: essentials.tpo
    essentialstpahere:
        command: tpahere [player]
        description: If not denied by tptoggle status, then asks the specified player to accept transport to your location.
        permissions: essentials.tpahere
    essentialstphere:
        command: tphere, /s [player]
        description: Direct (player >> you) teleport unless denied by tptoggle status.
        permissions: essentials.tphere
    essentialstphere:
        command: tpohere [player]
        description: Overrides the tptoggle status and directly teleports a specified player to your location.
        permissions: essentials.tpohere
    essentialstppos:
        command: tppos [x] [y] [z]
        description: Type in an <x> <y> <z> coordinate and off you go! The Y coordinate is your "Up in the Sky or Down near the Bedrock" location.
        permissions: essentials.tppos
    essentialsspawn:
        command: spawn
        description: Teleports you to the global spawn or group defined spawn area.
        permissions: essentials.spawn
    essentialssetspawn:
        command: setspawn [group]
        description: Sets global spawn or group defined spawn area.
        permissions: essentials.spawn
    essentialswarp:
        command: warp [warpname]
        description: Warps you to a defined area.
        permissions: essentials.warp
    essentialssetwarp:
        command: setwarp [warpname]
        description: Sets a warp.
        permissions: essentials.setwarp
    essentialsdelwarp:
        command: delwarp [warpname]
        description: Deletes a warp.
        permissions: essentials.delwarp
    EMod:
        command: help EMod
        description: Display Essentials Moderator Commands
        permissions: essentials.ban
    essentialsban:
        command: ban [playername]
        description: Bans a specified player.
        plugin: EMod
        permissions: essentials.ban
    essentialsbanip:
        command: banip [playername]
        description: Bans the IP of a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.banip
    essentialsmute:
        command: mute [playername]
        description: Mutes or un-mutes a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.mute
    essentialskick:
        command: kick [playername] [reason]
        description: Kicks a specified player off the server.
        permissions: essentials.kick
    essentialskickall:
        command: kick [playername] [reason]
        description: Kicks all players off the server.
        permissions: essentials.kickall
    essentialsunban:
        command: unban [playername]
        description: Unbans a specified player.
        permissions: essentials.unban
    essentialsunbanip:
        command: unbanip [playername|IP address]
        description: Unbans a specified players IP address.
        permissions: essentials.unbanip
    essentialstjail:
        command: togglejail, /tjail [playername]
        description: Jail/unjail a player. Jailing prevents them from building and destroying blocks.
        permissions: essentials.togglejail
    essentialssetjail:
        command: setjail [jail name]
        description: Set a jail point at your current location.
        permissions: essentials.setjail

My LWC help files:
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    LWC:
        command: help lwc
        description: List the help for LWC Plugin (Chest Protection)
        plugin: LWC
        permissions: lwc.protect
    lwccreatepublic:
        command: lwc -c public
        description: Create a public protection
    lwccreatepassword:
        command: lwc -c password [password]
        description: Create a password-protected protection
    lwccreateprivate:
        command: lwc -c private
        description:  Create a private protection
    lwcmodify:
        command: lwc -m
        description: Modify an existing protection
    lwcunlock:
        command: lwc -u [password]
        description: Unlock something (when asked)
    lwcview:
        command: lwc -i
        description: View information on an already protected inventory

My WorldGuard help files:
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    WorldGuard:
        command: help WorldGuard
        description: Display WorldGuard Commands
        permissions: /heal
    Stopfire:
        command: stopfire
        description: Disables fire spread globally.
        permissions: /stopfire
    Allowfire:
        command: allowfire
        description: Re-enables fire after /stopfire is used.
        permissions: /stopfire
    God:
        description: Toggle your invincibility.
        permissions: /god
    Godother:
        command: god [Player]
        description: Toggle a players invincibility.
        permissions: /godother
    Heal:
        command: heal
        description: Heal yourself.
        permissions: /heal
    Healother:
        command: heal [Player]
        description: Heals yourself or antoher player.
        permissions: /healother
    Slay:
        command: slay [Player]
        description: Kill yourself or another player.
        permissions: /slay
    Stack:
        command: stack
        description: Stack unstackable items.
        permissions: /stack
    Locate:
        command: locate [<player>|<x> <y> <z>]
        description: Set your compass to point to spawn/player/position. (NOT live)
        permissions: /locate
    ReloadWG:
        command: reloadwg
        description: Reloads WorldGuards configuration and blacklist.
        permissions: /reloadwg

My WorldEdit help files (part 1):
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    WorldEdit:
        description: Display WorldEdit commands.
        command: help WorldEdit
        plugin: WorldEdit
    chunkinfo:
        description: Get information about the chunk that you are inside
        command: chunkinfo
        permissions: worldedit.chunkinfo
    listchunks:
        description: List chunks that your selection includes
        command: listchunks
        permissions: worldedit.listchunks
    delchunks:
        description: Delete chunks that your selection includes
        command: delchunks
        permissions: worldedit.delchunks
    WEClip:
        command: help WEClip
        description: Display WorldEdit Clipboard Commands
        permissions: worldedit.clipboard
    clearclipboard:
        description: Clear your clipboard
        command: clearclipboard
        plugin: WEClip
        permissions: worldedit.clipboard.clear
    load:
        description: Load a schematic into your clipboard
        command: /load [filename]
        permissions: worldedit.clipboard.load
    save:
        description: Save a schematic into your clipboard
        command: /save [filename]
        permissions: worldedit.clipboard.save
    copy:
        description: Copy the selection to the clipboard
        command: /copy
        permissions: worldedit.clipboard.copy
    flip:
        description: Flip the contents of the clipboard
        command: /flip [dir]
        permissions: worldedit.clipboard.flip
    rotate:
        description: Rotate the contents of the clipboard
        command: /rotate [angle-in-degrees]
        permissions: worldedit.clipboard.rotate
    cut:
        description: Cut the selection to the clipboard
        command: /cut [leave-id]
        permissions: worldedit.clipboard.cut
    paste:
        description: Paste the clipboard's contents
        command: /paste [-ao]
        permissions: worldedit.clipboard.paste
    WEGen:
        description: Display WorldEdit Generation Commands
        command: help WEGen
    hcyl:
        description: Generate a hollow cylinder
        command: /hcyl [block] [radius] [height]
        plugin: WEGen
        permissions: worldedit.generation.cylinder
    cyl:
        description: Generate a cylinder
        command: /cyl [block] [radius] [height]
        permissions: worldedit.generation.cylinder
    hsphere:
        description: Generate a hollow sphere
        command: /hsphere [block] [radius] [raised?]
        permissions: worldedit.generation.sphere
    sphere:
        description: Generate a filled sphere
        command: /sphere [block] [radius] [raised?]
        permissions: worldedit.generation.sphere
    forestgen:
        description: Generate a forest
        command: forestgen [size] [type] [density]
        permissions: worldedit.generation.forest
    pumpkins:
        description: Generate pumpkin patches
        command: pumpkins [size]
        permissions: worldedit.generation.pumpkins
    WEHistory:
        description: Display WorldEdit History Commands
        command: help WEHistory
    clearhistory:
        description: Clear your history
        command: clearhistory
        plugin: WEHistory
        permissions: worldedit.history.clear
    redo:
        description: Redoes the last action
        command: /redo [times]
        permissions: worldedit.history.redo
    undo:
        description: Undoes the last action
        command: /undo [times]
        permissions: worldedit.history.undo
    WENav:
        description: Display WorldEdit Navigation Commands
        command: help WENav
    unstuck:
        description: Escape from being stuck inside a block
        command: unstuck
        plugin: WENav
        permissions: worldedit.navigation.unstuck
    ascend:
        description: Go up one level
        command: ascend
        permissions: worldedit.navigation.ascend
    descend:
        description: Go down one level
        command: descend
        permissions: worldedit.navigation.descend
    thru:
        description: Passthrough walls
        command: thru
        permissions: worldedit.navigation.thru
    jumpto:
        description: Teleport to a location
        command: jumpto
        permissions: worldedit.navigation.jumpto
    ceil:
        description: Go to the celing
        command: ceil [clearance]
        permissions: worldedit.navigation.ceil
    up:
        description: Go upwards some distance
        command: up [distance]
        permissions: worldedit.navigation.up
    WERegion:
        description: Display WorldEdit Region Commands
        command: help WERegion
    overlay:
        description: Set a block on top of blocks in the region
        command: /overlay [block]
        plugin: WERegion
        permissions: worldedit.region.overlay
    walls:
        description: Build the four sides of the selection
        command: /walls [block]
        permissions: worldedit.region.walls
    outline:
        description: Build the walls, ceiling, and roof of a selection
        command: /outline [block]
        permissions: worldedit.region.faces
    smooth:
        description: Smooth the elevation in the selection
        command: /smooth [iterations]
        permissions: worldedit.region.smooth
    replace:
        description: Replace all blocks in the selection with another
        command: /replace [from-block] [to-block]
        permissions: worldedit.region.replace
    stack:
        description: Repeat the contents of the selection
        command: /stack [-a] [count] [direction]
        permissions: worldedit.region.stack
    set:
        description: Set all the blocks inside the selection to a block
        command: /set [block]
        permissions: worldedit.region.set
    move:
        description: Move the contents of the selection
        command: /move [count] [direction] [leave-id]
        permissions: worldedit.region.move
    WESel:
        command: help WESel
        description: Display WorldEdit Selection Commands
    chunk:
        command: /chunk
        description: Set the selection to your current chunk
        plugin: WESel
        permissions: worldedit.selection.chunk
    pos1:
        command: /pos1
        description: Set position 1
        permissions: worldedit.selection.pos
    pos2:
        command: /pos2
        description: Set position 2
        permissions: worldedit.selection.pos
    hpos1:
        command: /hpos1
        description: Set position 1 to block you look at
        permissions: worldedit.selection.hpos
    hpos2:
        command: /hpos2
        description: Set position 2 to block you look at
        permissions: worldedit.selection.hpos
    wand:
        command: /wand
        description: Get the wand object
        permissions: worldedit.wand
    toggleeditwand:
        command: toggleeditwand
        description: Toggle functionality of the edit wand
        permissions: worldedit.wand.toggle
    contract:
        command: /contract [amount] [reverse-amount] [direction]
        description: Contract the selection area
        permissions: worldedit.selection.contract
    outset:
        command: /outset [-hv] [amount]
        description: Outset the selection area
        permissions: worldedit.selection.outset
    size:
        command: /size
        description: Get the size of selected region
        permissions: worldedit.selection.size
    shift:
        command: /shift [amount] [direction]
        description: Shift the selection area
        permissions: worldedit.selection.shift
    expand:
        command: /expand [amount] [reverse-amount] [direction]
        description: Expand the selection area
        permissions: worldedit.selection.expand
    sel:
        command: /sel [cuboid|poly]
        description: Choose the region shape to use for selections
        permissions: worldedit.selection
    inset:
        command: /inset [-hv] [amount]
        description: Inset the selection area
        permissions: worldedit.selection.inset

My WorldEdit help files (part 2):
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    WETool:
        description: Display WorldEdit Tool and Brush commands
        command: help WETool
        permissions: worldedit.tool
    mat:
        description: Change the material used by your current brush
        command: mat, /material, /fill [mat]
        plugin: WETool
    size:
        description: Change the size of the current brushes
        command: size <size>
    mask:
        description: Set the brush mask. Leave empty to clear
        command: mask <mask>
    none:
        description: Turn off all superpickaxe alternate modes
        command: none
    repl:
        description: Switch to block replacer tool
        command: repl <block>
        permissions: worldedit.tool.replacer
    cycler:
        description: Block data cycler tool
        command: cycler
        permissions: worldedit.tool.data-cycler
    brushsphere:
        description: Switch to the sphere brush tool.
        command: brush sphere [-h] <type> <radius>
        permissions: worldedit.brush.sphere
    brushcylinder:
        descriptio: Switch to the cylinder brush tool.
        command: brush cylinder [-h] <type> <radius> [height]
        permissions: worldedit.brush.cylinder
    brushclip:
        description: Switch to the clipboard tool.
        command: brush clipboard
        permissions: worldedit.brush.clipboard
    brushsmooth:
        description: Smooth the region.
        command: brush smooth <radius> [iterations]
        permissions: worldedit.brush.smooth
    info:
        description: Switch to the info tool.
        command: info
        permissions: worldedit.tool.info
    tree:
        description: Switch to the tree tool.
        command: tree [type]
        permissions: worldedit.tool.tree
    WEUtil:
        description: Display WorldEdit Utility commands
        command: help WEUtil
    fixlava:
        description: Fix lava to be stationary
        command: fixlava <radius>
        plugin: WEUtil
        permissions: worldedit.fixlava
    fixwater:
        description: Fix water to be stationary
        command: fixwater <radius>
        permissions: worldedit.fixwater
    removeabove:
        description: Remove blocks above your head.
        command: removeabove [size] [height]
        permissions: worldedit.removeabove
    removebelow:
        description: Remove blocks below your feet.
        command: removebelow [size] [height]
        permissions: worldedit.removebelow
    removenear:
        description: Remove blocks near you.
        command: removenear [block] [size]
        permissions: worldedit.removenear
    replacenear:
        description: Replace nearby blocks
        command: replacenear <size> <from-id> <to-id>
        permissions: worldedit.replacenear
    snow:
        description: Simulate snow cover
        command: snow [radius]
        permissions: worldedit.snow
    thaw:
        description: Unthaw/remove snow
        command: thaw [radius]
        permissions: worldedit.thaw
    ex:
        description: Extinguish nearby fire
        command: ex, /extinguish [size]
        permissions: worldedit.extinguish
    butcher:
        description: Kill nearby mobs
        command: butcher [radius]
        permissions: worldedit.butcher
    remove:
        description: Remove all entities of a type
        command: remove, /rem <type> <radius>
        permissions: worldedit.remove
    fill:
        description: Fill a hole
        command: /fill <block> <radius> [depth]
        permissions: worldedit.fill
    fillr:
        description: Fill a hole recursively
        command: /fillr <block> <radius>
        permissions: worldedit.fill.recursive
    drain:
        description: Drain nearby water/lava pools
        command: /drain [radius]
        permissions: worldedit.drain

distr:
        command: /distr [-c]
        description: Get the distribution of blocks in the selection
        permissions: worldedit.analysis.distr
    count:
        command: //count <block>
        description: Counts the number of a certain type of block
        permissions: worldedit.analysis.count
    searchitem:
        description: Search for an item
        command: search[item] [-bi] [query]
    limit:
        description: Modify block change limit
        command: /limit [limit]
        permissions: worldedit.limit
    snapshot:
        description: Use/list snapshots
        command: snapshot, snap [use <snapshot>] [list [num]]
        permissions: worldedit.snapshots.list
    restore:
        description: Restore the selection from a snapshot
        command: restore [snapshot]
        permissions: worldedit.snapshot.restore
    /:
        description: Toggle the super pickaxe pickaxe function
        command: /
        permissions: worldedit.superpickaxe
    superpickaxesingle:
        description: Switch to single block super pickaxe mode
        command: superpickaxe, pickaxe, sp single
        permissions: worldedit.superpickaxe
    superpickaxearea:
        description: Switch to area super pickaxe mode
        command: superpickaxe, pickaxe, sp area <range>
        permissions: worldedit.superpickaxe.area
    superpickaxerecur:
        description: Switch to recursive super pickaxe mode
        command: superpickaxe, pickaxe, sp recur <range>
        permissions: worldedit.superpickaxe.recursive

17. Offline

Paradox460

I'm helping to write a patch for WorldEdit to add this command, can I specify commands with double slashes (//), as this is a syntax a large number of WorldEdit commands use

18. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

My assumption would be that including a single slash in the command name would have the desired effect.

19. Offline

Taeir

Due to bukkits limit of 30000 characters and auto merging i wasnt able to add the last 3 scripting commands.
    So here is My WorldEdit (part 3):
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    cs:
        description: Executes a script. 
        command: cs <script> [arguments]
        permissions: worldedit.scripting.execute
    .s:
        description: Re-executes last script with new arguments.
        command: .s [arguments]
    script.js:
        description: Executes a JS script.
        command: <script>.js [arguments]

@Paradox460 Maybe my worldedit help files are usefull to you.
    I left out the slashes in the names (so limit not /limit) but i did set them as:
    command: /limit [limit]
    what should output //limit [limit]

20. Offline

ehushagen

Thanks for all the WorldEdit and WorldGuard help files - you've just saved me a ton of time.

21. Offline

tyderion

Hi there and thanks for the WorldEdit and WorldGuard Commandlist.

I did some Helpfiles for the some plugins (just copypaste the content of the yml files into ExtraHelp.yml):
    GroupManager, MultiVerse, CommandBook, CommandHelper, Elevators, Minecart Mania (Admin Addon).

I hope some of you can use them :)

Most commands are not shown in the main help...
    Edit: Added a version with main help commands (similar to the WorldEdit/WorldGuard files)
    Edit: Corrected Files and added Elevators xD

Attached Files:

22. Offline

tkelly

@Paradox460 : Yep, what Celtic said should do it

And thanks for the ExtraHelp files guys, I'll be adding those to the OP once I get some more time.

23. Offline

PneumonicFungus

Please.. Add a tutorial.

24. Offline

Taeir

25. Offline

fuzetsu490

Thanks soooooo (continued) much for the world edit, world guard and group manager help files Taeir and tyderion!

26. Offline

FabianN

@Taeir and @tyderion : I've started a github page repo for help pages. I'm copying your help pages into it, if that's alright. Credit has been given in the readme for the pages from you. I'm adding more to it and anyone else that wants to add or improve to the repo is encouraged to.

Edit:
    here is the page, I had meant to include it initially, just forgot.

https://github.com/FabianN/MC-Bukkit-HelpExtra

27. Offline

tyderion

cool a github page for helpfiles, that's great!
    thanks a lot :)

28. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Can you make it work from the console as well? Also, commands that are added should have options to say whether they are available in the console and whether they are available to players; for example, in the ExtraHelp.yml, "console: true" and "player: true".

29. Offline

Taeir

Off course its allright, great idea!

30. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Oh, and here's my ExtraHelp for Minecraft core commands. In my opinion, all of these should be in the ExtraHelp that comes with the plugin, since none of them will ever link properly with it.

Code:
    kick:
        command: kick [player]
        description: Kicks [player] from the server
        plugin: Minecraft
        permissions: OP
    ban:
        command: ban [player]
        description: Bans [player] from the server
    pardon:
        command: pardon [player]
        description: Pardons banned [player] so they can connect again
    ban-ip:
        command: ban-ip [IP]
        description: Bans [IP] from the server
    pardon-ip:
        command: pardon-ip [IP]
        description: Pardons banned [IP] so they can connect again
    op:
        command: op [player]
        description: Gives [player] operator priveleges
    deop:
        command: deop [player]
        description: Revokes [player]'s operator priveleges
    stop:
        command: stop
        description: Stops the server gracefully.
    save-all:
        command: save-all
        description: Forces a server-wide level save
    save-off:
        command: save-off
        description: Disables terrain saving (useful for backup scripts)
    save-on:
        command: save-on
        description: Re-enables terrain saving
    list:
        command: list
        description: Lists all currently connected players
    say:
        command: say [message]
        description: Broadcasts a message to all players
    vanillatp:
        command: tp [player1] [player2]
        description: Moves [player1] to the same location as [player2]
    vanillagive:
        command: give [player] [id] (amount)
        description: Gives [player] a resource
    vanillatell:
        command: tell [player] [message]
        description: Sends a private message to a player
    vanillatime:
        command: time add|set [amount]
        description: Adds to or sets the world time (0-24000)
    me:
        command: me [message]
        description: Do an action in the chat
    #vanillahelp:
    #    command: '?'
    #    description: Show help
    #    plugin: Minecraft
    #    main: false
    I included /? at the bottom, since it technically counts, but commented out because this plugin makes it redundant.

EDIT: I thought of possibly a better way to do the ExtraHelp, though it would be a bit harder for you to implement: give each plugin a file called PluginName.yml, and remove the "plugin:" option in the yml. Just an idea, not sure if it's a good one.

31. Offline

Kostronor

Here is an error, after a Player said "hi":
    2011-03-13 19:12:18 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'help' in plugin Help v0.1
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:183)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:643)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:606)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:600)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.anjocaido.groupmanager.GroupManager.getHandler()Lorg/anjocaido/groupmanager/permissions/AnjoPermissionsHandler;
    at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpPermissions.permission(HelpPermissions.java:42)
    at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpEntry.playerCanUse(HelpEntry.java:40)
    at me.taylorkelly.help.HelpList.getSortedHelp(HelpList.java:38)
    at me.taylorkelly.help.Lister.setPage(Lister.java:32)
    at me.taylorkelly.help.Help.onCommand(Help.java:67)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more