[INACTIVE][FUN] ZombieTag v0.7.1 - Permissions & Multi-World support! [535]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by PurelySatanic, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Offline

PurelySatanic

ZombieTag
    Version: v0.7.1

Downloads:
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Description:

This plugin when enabled automatically divides half the online players to "Humans" and the other half to "Zombies".

The goal of this game is to have the zombies kill the humans and become human once more, and the humans to become zombies.

WARNING: When using this plugin, if the player dies they WILL lose their inventory. I am considering keeping track of user inventories for when the plugin is turned off. However this is currently NOT implemented.

CHANGES AS OF 0.4 - PLEASE READ:

As of 0.4 I basically rewrote this whole plugin from scratch to allow support for multiworld. A new file will be created in the plugins directory labelled ZombieTagMultiWorld as opposed to pre-0.4 being in ZombieTag.

If you decide to upgrade to 0.4 please note that this is VERY early in the stages and there may be issues, and you need to remove any previous versions and their corresponding directory before installing this one.

0.4 allows you to run multiple instances of Zombie Tag. How it works is that you select a world to run Zombie Tag on and it will handle each world as a seperate tag session.

Dependencies:

This plugin requires no additional plugins.

Permissions support has been added as of 0.4

Text File Syntax:

Located in /plugins/ZombieTagMultiWorld/ (after starting the server with the plugin installed once) you will find a text file labelled config.txt the following syntax is used:

onenable:
    Example:
    onenable:ZombieTag has been enabled on <world>!
    NOTE: Using <world> will allow the plugin to replace this with the appropriate world name.

ondisable:
    Example:
    ondisable:ZombieTag has been disabled on <world>!
    NOTE: Using <world> will allow the plugin to replace this with the appropriate world name.

onhuman:
    Example:
    onhuman:<player> has become a human!
    NOTE: Using <player> will allow the plugin to replace this with the appropriate users name.

onzombie:
    Example:
    onzombie:<player> has become a zombie!
    NOTE: Using <player> will allow the plugin to replace this with the appropriate users name.

onplayerkill:
    Example:
    onplayerkill:<player> has been killed by <attacker>, <player> has become a zombie!
    NOTE: Using <player>,<attacker> will allow the plugin to replace this with the appropriate users name. <player> = victim, <attacker> = attacker.

setFire: This will set a zombie on fire while in the sun (otherwise zombie takes "invisible" damage while in sunlight) (Default=false)
    Example:
    setFire:[true]/[false]

damage: This is the damage modifier for zombies. If a normal hit takes 1/2 a heart setting this to 2 will take a full heart per hit. It ONLY accepts integers > 0.
    Example:
    damage:8

zombieimmune: This will allow humans to hit zombies if set to false. If true, it will make zombies invunerable to being hit by humans (Default=false)
    Example:
    zombieimmune:[true]/[false]

compass: This will allow the compass to point to the nearest opposing team player (Default=false)
    Example"
    compass:[true]/[false]

permissions: This will allow players that use Permissions access to this plugin (Default=false)
    Example:
    permissions:[true]/[false]

Commands:

NOTE: Commands can only be used as an OP, considering adding support for Permissions but as of now it only works with OP's.

ZombieTag [world] [on]/[off] - Turns ZombieTag on or off (Default=Off)
    @new - Zombietag [world] [infect]/[cure] [player]
    @DEPRECATED - ZChange [world] [cure]/[infect] [player] - Manually forces the selected player to become either human or a zombie

Permissions:

ZombieTag.State - Allows user to turn off or on
    ZombieTag.CureInfect - Allows user to cure or infect another player

Features:

* Automatically handles switching of user "type" (Human to Zombie, Zombie to Human)
    * Zombies take damage in daylight
    * Zombies have x1.5 damage modifier (Each hit will take 1.5 hearts)
    * Allows manual control to change the user "type"
    * Allows the change of displayed messages on certain events
    * Can run multiple instances on one server when there is more than one world.
    * Compass can point to nearest player of opposing team

Bugs:

* On a RARE occasion, a player will be deemed "dead" before reaching 0 health. If you see this can you please post as detailed a description as possible as to when and what led up to this?
    * If a human kills another human, they will become a zombie.
    * Throws null pointer on occasion when player logs out and hasn't properly been delisted from array. Does not crash server.
    * Human doesn't become zombie upon being killed by zombie

Changelog:

Version 0.7.1:

* Updated plugin to support newest CraftBukkit Build
    * Modified commands so that they're more consistant
    * Fixed an issue with the plugin not disabling properly

Version 0.7:

* Plugin now automatically creates and fills the config with the necessary information

Version 0.6:

* Added ability to make compass point to nearest player of opposing team

Version 0.5:

* Fixed issue with zombie dying from normal circumstances and losing zombies traits

Version 0.4:

* Added MultiWorld Support - THIS IS BETA, there WILL be bugs
    * Added support for Permissions

Version 0.3:

* Fixed bug where a human could kill a human and they would become a zombie.
    * Fixed bug where human wouldn't become zombie on death
    * Added new config file options: setFire and damage and zombieImmune (See above for implementation)

Version 0.2:

* Changed the damage modifier to x1.5 for zombies
    * Added some text to be printed out when the plugin is enabled (How did I miss that in the first place?!)
    * Tracked down some bugs that I found and fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
    Bluetech and kahlilnc like this.
  2. Offline

Incendia

Cool idea, do either side get any perks to help them defend/attack?

3. Offline

Phantom Index

How about Multi-World Support? I would like a seperate world where only this could happen.

4. Offline

PurelySatanic

Oops totally forgot. Zombies take damage in the daylight. As well, I had been considering extra damage for Zombies or something of the sort. Not quite sure yet.

I'll look into it. Like perhaps say /ZombieTag on <worldname> so only people on that world have that on?

5. Offline

GhandPivot

Thanks for doing the request :D I'll check it out and come with some feedback!

I get

Code:
    2011-03-16 17:08:10 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\ZombieTag.jar in plugins: nu
    ll
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:85)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:58)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:187)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:174)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:120)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:227)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/command/CommandExecutor
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:72)
            ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.command.CommandExecutor
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:30)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 11 more
    When I start my server :/

Could it be cause I'm running an ancient version of craftbukkit?

I updated my Craftbukkit (quite hard since almost all of the links I could find were broken) and the plugin is running very well :) Now for the feedback :D
    1. Could you add fire :)? The system at the moment works perfectly but I think it would be even better if the zombie burned!
    2. I've realized how hard this is going to be for the zombie, could you possibly do so that the zombie 1-hits players? Or make them burn when he hits them (like some kind of infection). That would make it far more equal!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  6. Offline

PurelySatanic

Sure, I'll add a damage modifier and a "will zombie burn" configuration option.

7. Offline

GhandPivot

Great!
    Thanks a lot, now I only have to make BorderGuard to work with the new bukkit version, else the map will be to big for a hide n seek :)

8. Offline

ChrisX930

I LOVE this Plugin :D Thanks, Purely Satanic :3

9. Offline

PurelySatanic

It's got some bugs that I'm working out. Wait till it's v0.3 before using it on your server please :)

10. Offline

ChrisX930

ah, okay :3
    I'll wait for your Update :3

11. Offline

GhandPivot

12. Offline

Miauw62

Mayby you can add these variables in the config file:

mayby a configuration where you can choose the humans/zombies ratio? an option like this:
    Zombies per human: 2 #would mean, for evry human selected, two zombies are selected, could also be set to this:
    Zombies per human: 0.5 #would mean, for evry 2 humans, one zombie is selected.

ZombieDamage: x1.5 #makes how much damage evry zombies does. this is 0.5 more then humans do. you could also do:

Zombiedamage: x10.0 #very high damage, probably insta-kill.

ZombieSpeed: x0.5 #This option changes the speed of zombies. in this example zombies move only half as fast as humans.

other suggestion, namecolor.

ZombieColor: #INSERTSOMEKINDOFHEXADECIMALCODEHERE # this changes the color of the name of zombies in chat, and above their heads. defaults to green.
    HumanColor: #INSERTSOMEKINDOFHEXADECIAMCODEHERE # same as ZombieColor.

And, ofcourse, permissions suport of some kind.

this would allow what players can cure/infect people, and can turn the plugin on/off, and mayby an admin option, wich would make you no part of the game, you cannot be infected by zombies.

I really like this plugin, and it has alot of potential :D

13. Offline

PurelySatanic

ZombieDamage is currently being implemented in v0.3, I'll look into the color options for the Zombie name's and what not, however I believe (don't quote me on this) there was a security concern on changing the actual name above the players head. Not sure if that concern still exists but I'll check.

Permissions is something I'll be integrating quite soon. I want to get multi-world support in prior to that though.

The ratio thing I'll look at doing too.

Great ideas :)

14. Offline

GhandPivot

Do not mess it up totally with the permissions though :) I'd like to have it working for me!
    By the way, I explained the mod to my second admin on the server. He liked it and came with a great advice.
    If it's possible, make the compass for the zombie point towards the closest player and for the players it points towards the zombie! That would be awesome :)
    Or if it's to hard, make the zombie able to choose a player to track!

15. Offline

ChrisX930

fix the last bugs an I will download your Plugin ;-)

16. Offline

PurelySatanic

Don't worry about Permissions. It'll be something in the text file saying "Permissions:true" or something of the sort. You'll still be okay to use OP's.

I actually just fixed it. The new download (Still 0.3 has it fixed).

17. Offline

Miauw62

Thanks.

18. Offline

ChrisX930

hmmm.. a very rare error was found on his Server :-(

*vocaloid*

19. Offline

PurelySatanic

Good news people. I made some HUGE updates to it. I'll be posting shortly.

*hint* there may be multi-world support ;) *hint*

20. Offline

GhandPivot

Any thoughts about the compass system :D ?

21. Offline

PurelySatanic

I don't believe I can manipulate the compass. I'll look into it but no assurances as of yet.

Nevermind, I can change the compass targets. I'll update the plugin tomorrow with it.

GhandPivot likes this.
  22. Offline

GhandPivot

Great :D

23. Offline

Bluetech

When i Ran the server it generated ZombieTagMultiWorld>config.txt
    But it didnt generate anything inside the config.txt do i need to copy the Text File Syntax from above into the config?

24. Offline

PurelySatanic

You know, I guess it would be convenient to actually fill it with the config options... hahaha
    Everything has a default value on run if you don't specify it in the file so that's why there are no options.

I'll revise this in the next build.

25. Offline

Bluetech

Haha no problem, should have guessed that! thanks for the help+awesome plugin

26. Offline

GhandPivot

Me and some of my friends were having a zombie tag, it worked quite well for a little while until we suddenly got a 1hp/sec health regeneration, which ruined the whole game. I'm not completely sure, but I think that it was this plugins fault, do you know anything about it?

EDIT: Maybe it wasn't this plugin after all....I'll go deeper into it, this is a serious problem for me.

27. Offline

PurelySatanic

The only time I've seen health regenerate is when you have the server properties for mobs off.

28. Offline

GhandPivot

Yes, I actually found out that it was the problem before I read this post :) I though that it might be annoying with all kind of zombies running around so I turned them off, not thinking about the consequences.
    I'd like to ask you, is there a way to change the sprite of the player with mods?
    (I'm thinking about the possibility to change the zombie player to an actual zombie!)
    I know that this probably isn't possible and I'm not asking you to try, I'm just asking if there is something like "PlayerSprite = SpriteHuman" or something like that which you easily can modify?

NOTE that I know about changing skin with www.minecraft.net, I'm thinking of a temporary change which the server handles for the player when he/she becomes zombie.

29. Offline

PurelySatanic

Sadly there is no way to force a sprite to take on a certain appearance at this point as it more or less is handled client-side. :(
    I had actually already considered it as an option when originally making this, although I knew I probably wouldn't have a chance.

30. Offline

Bluetech

Hey,
    Was wondering if you could add a command that would show you who was Zombie/Human or maybe even modify the chat so infront of their name or somewhere it does like [Z]/[H] .
    Love the mod it adds a fun dynamic to the freebuild server. . .