Inactive [INACTIVE][FUN] SkyBlockMultiplayer v0.58 alpha - SkyBlock for Multiplayer [1.2.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Seadragon91, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Offline

ryvix

So far testing I just couldn't seem to use a different world name for it. It would just not teleport me there but think I was there and then no commands worked. Edit: It might have had something to do with trying to import it into Multiverse before joining it.

Also, is there any way to progress along some sort of path of challenges?

Thank you for the great plugin!

2. Offline

ryvix

I have run into another weird issue. Someone spawned on a flat land area. It seemed there were some actual Villager villages very close by. I think maybe these totally messed up all the world gen from here on out to be flat land. That is, all completely an area of dirt and a layer of bedrock below from what I can see its all 3 layers of dirt with 1 layer of bedrock below everywhere.

When I right-click there it says Protected areas or borders.

Any idea how to fix this?

3. Offline

Multiblazerboy

Hey, amazing plugin, my players love it. I even made a series of it here(I gave credit in video and description):

4. Offline

ryvix

To fix this I used the NullTerrain generator and so far it seems to be working for me, fingers crossed.

It seems when people leave they get teleported to where they first start skyblock and not where they last joined which they probably should go to instead.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  5. Offline

Giuseppe

its posible to add a ban system for this map?

6. Offline

zzmil

Thank you, author, for such awesome plugin. I have translated it into russian, and it works fine, please attach it to the head page.

Attached Files:

7. Offline

Seadragon91

new version 0.57 alpha:
    • fixed default spawn location for tower if schematic file is given
    • fixed ender pearl, have not working in other world
    • fixed joining location from other world
    • added a big improvement for build mode, if withProtecedArea is true
    • a few other improvements and fixes

8. Offline

ShadowFury12

Show Spoiler

this thosent delete current worlds or spawn? it just makes another world you can go to?

9. Offline

omega3141

is there a plugin to disable other plugins from affecting thi world

10. Offline

Seadragon91

Should been fixed.

The pluign creates by standard a new world named SkyBlockMultiplayer in the root folder of the server, where the other worlds are located.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

Apceh1

Error: if you are owner or admin who destroy island and you reset, ERROR!
    Why I mustn't use obsidian?;)

12. Offline

alexander7161

What is the use of when i warp it says "this command works only on the tower. Portals wont work! please put this in the config or disable it

13. Offline

ryvix

One guy was starting at an island at the bottom of the world and kept falling out of the world for some reason. Even when I deleted the island, and he came back and did /skyblock start he would start at the bottom of the world for some reason and the island would not generate at all.

Also, if I do /skyblock newIsland SomeoneElse for someone else besides me, it will replace my island, mash it right in the middle of it messing it up. Though my island was island #1 so I don't know if it would have just replaced island #1 even if it wasn't mine.

Another issue, when people are typing /skyblock home add playername they are getting an error http://pastebin.com/FCG2i2n8

It works sometimes, but then maybe sometimes doesn't. I don't know why it doesn't work all the sudden. Sometimes they are still able to join each others but then some they can't.

14. Offline

diablo10001

I have a issue the server was working fine and loved the plugin then i shut down the server and started it back up new players were spawning below the islands and stayed there if they tried to make a new one they would still be spawned below

15. Offline

Seadragon91

Fixed that in the new version. Thanks you very much.

Sorry I can not reproduce that :(

new version 0.58 alpha:

• fixed NPEs, by home join
    • fixed if player teleport to friend was teleporting to island lcoation if home location exists

In build mode every player can use the command /skyblock newisland <player>. The given player will be ignore. Do not use that in build mode it will replace your own island!

16. Offline

theloner

Hi,

I can't seem to remove islands. It keeps saying invalid island number. What is the format of the numbers like? And how do we check the island number? Other than the first time we created it where it will say in chat log.
    I get this error in the server log when I try to type: /skyblock remove

Code:
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PM[SEVERE ] null
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMorg.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'skyblock' in plugin SkyBlockMultiplayer v0.58
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:166)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:479)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:821)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:781)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:764)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:34)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:567)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:459)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMCaused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat me.lukas.skyblockmultiplayer.SkyBlockCommand.onCommand(SkyBlockCommand.java:212)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PMat org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
    14/6/2012 11:20:11 PM... 12 more

and typing /skyblock remove 2 just returns a saying in chat log, invalid number

17. Offline

Seadragon91

You can get the island nubber of the island by right-clicking with a stick in the near of the island. I can confirm the error if you type only /skyblock remove.

To the invalid island number? Did you have removed the bedrock from other islands before? The bedrock is used for having a save spawn location and for getting the owner of a island. Do not remove it!

18. Offline

theloner

Hmmmm after I deleted the world and the plugin folder and restart my server, it seems to work well again. I will test it further for some more time.

19. Offline

Seadragon91

Do you had stopped your server before updating the plugin?

20. Offline

l4pierce

Seadragon91 This is a *bit* off topic, but what is your texture pack in the screenshots? I really like it!

21. Offline

Seadragon91

Here you can find it. Have fun with it ;)

22. Offline

theloner

You mean stop before I delete those folders?

23. Offline

GangstaCupcake1

How can a player restart his/her island?

24. Offline

l4pierce

Seadragon91 yeah, how do i reset the island? I have no idea what island number belongs to which player.. i have over 30 players/islands.

25. Offline

Seadragon91

Ok I should add a option to remove a island over the player name, too. Will add this. At the moment you can use the stick right-clicking in the near of the island with it then you should get the island number.

GangstaCupcake1 likes this.
  26. Offline

l4pierce

Ok! Thanks!

Seadragon91 when i right click the island witha stick, sometimes i get a number, but about 5 of the islands have the island number "0", any ideas?

27. Offline

Seadragon91

Do you have removed the bedrock from the island?

28. Offline

l4pierce

Seadragon91 it seems to be the ones that have friends added to their list that have the island #0.

And nope, the bedrock is still there.

29. Offline

ryvix

Hey, my players love this plugin so I have been doing some work on it to try and fix some of the problems we were having.

I noticed if a player does the newisland command and they leave any items sitting around they will be on the island when they come back, allowing them to continuously duplicate items, especially any in the chest which they can just take out and chuck on the ground and go to the tower and use the newisland command. When they come back they will still be there. At least that's how it was working for me. This is why I have this command disabled.

To solve this, I modified it and set the newisland command to have separate permission nodes for creating islands for other players and for yourself that are both set to op by default. I modified the remove commad so that players can use this with a new permission node when no player name is given. Then when they are at the tower and do /skyblock remove it will remove their island allowing their items to hopefully fall, then when they type /skyblock start they get a new island. However, you may have to modify that idea to support multiple islands since I only allow them to have 1 anyway. I had to figure out a lot of other things to get this to work properly because I am new to coding Bukkit plugins.

I think another, possibly better solution would be to scan the entire area of the island for dropped items and remove them.

Then there is the problem of when an island is removed and a new one created, some parts of the old island are left. Maybe it could be possible to create something which will scan over the entire area the island is allowed in, depending on the size set in the config, and set all placed blocks which aren't air to air. I don't know how to do this properly without causing lag except maybe it would be possible to do a little and wait a bit and do some more until its all done. Maybe there is a better/easier way by now. Or maybe just make a better default island or schematic that has air everywhere, but then would this not still cause the server to pause while it's being created? I haven't tested any of this yet and don't really know much about Bukkit coding just yet.

I also added a tp command which has a permission to allow ops by default to tp to an island number, player, or to a players home location. I also added a command to modify another players home location to my current position, for ops by default.

I know this plugin is in alpha but it's coming along nicely and works fairly well most of the time. I don't know if any of the things I did would be useful to you or not but I will try to get it on github when I can get a chance so you can take what you want or leave what you don't want. I have modified a bunch of little things to try and fix little bugs I ran into when testing but I feel there are still more there which I am trying to take care of first.

Thanks again for the great plugin =)

Edit: Oh I forgot, I also added, by request of a player, a random tree species on a new island, minus a few types.

30. Offline

kuledaniel

Hello seadragon!!! i have a problem i playing on a creative world when i type /skyblock join i still have gamemode creative and the item i had on my inventory ... i need help :((