[INACTIVE][FUN] RainbowSheep v0.2 - Global random colored sheep! [617]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by McSpazzy, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Offline

McSpazzy

RainbowSheep:
    Version: v0.2

Just put in plugins directory and any sheep that spawn will have a random color.
    Built and tested with Craftbukkit 617. Also tested with /spawnmob plugin and seems to work without problems.

(Most probably won't work properly. I'm working on the solution)

Features:
    • For every sheep that spawns, it picks a random color.
    • Sheep drop appropriate color wool.
    • I don't think it could be any more basic than this.
    Download:
    Here

Older versions:
    RainbowSheep 0.1 - Simpler Version. No configuration.

Bugs:
    0.2 Doesn't seem to be working with natural spawning mobs. Working on the issue.

Changelog:
    Version 0.2
    • Added ability to configure chance of colored sheep spawning.
    Version 0.1
    • Release

Gea likes this.
  2. Offline

Gea

Yessss I was just looking for this. Can you add it where you can set the % chance for each color in a cfg file? I'd love for the colored sheep to be rare. Thanks!

3. Offline

McSpazzy

Yeh, I suppose I can. I wanted to keep it simple though =p

4. Offline

Gea

That's still keeping it simple and making it infinitely more functional. :)

5. Offline

McSpazzy

Done. =D

6. Offline

Gea

Testing now. Thank you *so* much. I really appreciate it.

Edit: Your non-config file works. The config set to 100% spawns no colored sheep, however.

7. Offline

McSpazzy

How odd...works for me. Lemme do some more checking.

8. Offline

Gea

Just to make it clear I tried both plugins. One works, one doesn't. Using build #617. The file outputs no errors and reads the input from the config correctly (at least it displays it correctly on start up). But even with 100%, 99%, no sheep spawn with colors.

9. Offline

McSpazzy

These are natural spawning sheep? Or tested from a spawnmob plugin?

10. Offline

Gea

Natural spawning. I wandered to new chunks to ensure that fresh sheep were loaded (though I didn't even have to do that with the plugin that doesn't require config, the sheep were immediately transformed upon loading up the server)

11. Offline

McSpazzy

Yeh, I've pinpointed the problem...I think. Managed to reproduce your results. Stay tuned!

12. Offline

Kryppuk

sorry, but same for me. It does not spawn any colored sheeps. Maybe the path to the config based on OS?

13. Offline

Gea

I don't think that's it to be honest, as the proper number is displayed on startup. It sounds like his program was only changing sheep color that were spawned from commands, not wild ones. Not sure why the difference in chance caused this to occur, however. I can be patient, the change was a request after all. :)

14. Offline

McSpazzy

What the problem is...which I have yet to find a solution, is that it is changing the color of already existing sheep. Not new sheep. If you find a white sheep, restart the server it will be colored. I'm not sure why it only works when loading existing entities from the world. As far as I knew they both call the same command.

From my testing version, it seems that white sheep are still spawning with 0.1 of the plugin.

15. Offline

Saranis

I havent seen a single colored (non naturally spawning) sheep yet. I have tried both plugins. Restarting the server to get a white sheep to transform into a colored sheep is out of the question. If you need to do that every time than obviously the plugin is broken.

16. Offline

McSpazzy

Yeh. I'm working on it. Few other things going on at the same time.

17. Offline

Saranis

Good luck with it Spazzy, I hope you do get it working because it sounds like an awesome plug-in.

18. Offline

DiseasedFox

Is this working with 733? Love this plugin, it's awesome.

19. Offline

Znegil

Just to be clear about it, when you talk about colored sheep, do you mean green, blue, yellow... sheep or do you mean the non white already in the game, means light gray, gray, black.
    Since I installed the mod I see a lot more of the not white sheep, but no colored.

20. Offline

Plague

considered inactive