[INACTIVE][FUN] Quarantine v0.7 - Survive the zombie horde!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DDoS, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Offline

DDoS

Quarantine

[​IMG]

Survive the zombie horde!
    Quarantine lets you create special zones where mobs spawn and roam around, which players can then join to try to fight for their survival. To improve their odds, they can buy items or sell them. Quarantine has a localized economy, where players get money from killing mobs or selling items. It also has support for leaderboards backed by a Redis or MySQL database. You can lock buttons with keys (which players can buy). Also, the player's last health, inventory and locations are saved, so they can resume gameplay at any time. When exiting a zone, pre-game health is restored. This is a hard core survival game, if you die, all your data is deleted, and you loose all your score. Score is obtained by killing mobs, and can be set for each mob type.
    Requires WorldGuard, Regios or Residence to work

Bukkit dev link: this

Spiritwind likes this.
  2. Offline

TRULYTWIST3D

well im getting this error and its driving me nuts... i know i have the right build and all the requirements...

*edit* fixed that error... now getting that invalid ID error... i know your rewriting the code soon... but you should just make a quick tut vid showing how to set it up... chances are its just a small mistake were all making and not catching

3. Offline

RandomGuy13

This is an epic plugin!! I got it working after some time. It's really fun, but for some reason the zombies drop no money. That's the only problem im having; But apart from that, best plugin EVER!!!

4. Offline

DDoS

Quick announcement, I'll have the beta for v0.2 out this Wednesday, hopefully.

5. Offline

DDoS

Ok, v0.2 Beta is out. I'll add more documentation later. Please help me by trying it out.

Added:
    • Multi zone
    • Saving the last location in zone
    • More mob types
    • Mob control at subzone level
    • Command to join the zone, no more punching an iron block
    • Improved spawning
    • Bunch of other stuff

6. Offline

puffnuget

Im making a tutorial vid for this now should be on this post tomorrow

7. Offline

DDoS

Oh, thank you so much!

But for which version? I Changed the config a lot for o.2 (but the in game setup almost the same).

8. Offline

puffnuget

The newest one. Ill post and link tomorrow

9. Offline

DDoS

Ok, good, if you need any help, just ask.

10. Offline

dakoslug

Can you add Regios support?

11. Offline

DDoS

No, the API is too different. I can't use it as a substitute without making big changes.

12. Offline

aflyingiPh0ne

Ok, I might sound pushy but i haven't received a response. Is it possible to add the ability to place signs over doors, buttons or switches so you have to pay for those too?

13. Offline

dakoslug

Is their a way I can use this without WorldGuard/WorldEdit ?

14. Offline

DDoS

I'm adding a key system, that will allow admins to locks buttons with a virtual key that players can buy using a sign. It's in the beta todo list..

No, I chose it because it's the most widely used cuboid/world editing/world protection plugin combo out there. Also, it has a well documented API. I'm using it so I don't have to write a region system, why redo something that already exists? It saves me from having to create s system to define, save, load, protect and edit areas. Also, I can use it to easily create auto-regenerating destructible zones, which could add more possibilities to the plugin.

15. Offline

dakoslug

aww : /

16. Offline

DDoS

I've read somewhere that you can run plugins that require APIs from other plugins without actually installing the plugins, I think you only have to place the plugins in the same folder as your craftbukkit.jar file. I guess I could try to make it work with that, I've what I've read is true...

17. Offline

Pheck

This works fine for me and my fellow admins, but when a non-admin tries to join it says they don't have permission.

I don't have the permissions plugin due to some other minigames i've got, and i don't want it.

Is permissions needed?

18. Offline

DDoS

Yes, but I can add the possibility to disable those for v0.2

Pheck likes this.
  19. Offline

brennant

how do i set the reagion

20. Offline

DDoS

What are you talking about? Defining regions? Setting the config? For with version, v0.1 or v0.2 Beta?

21. Offline

brennant

How do i set the region that the Quarantine is played in

22. Offline

DDoS

For beta, you replace "subzone1", "subzone2", "subzone3", etc, in the subzone section with the name of the regions you defined for the zone. You can add more entries to the subzone section as needed, in the example config in the archive, I only put three.

For the first version, it's a list, at "spawnZones". Add them there.

23. Offline

Pheck

That would be awesome, thanks. =)

24. Offline

DDoS

Done. How it will work:

For normal players, they can only use commands that require the quarantine.play permission, and ops have the right to quarantine.setup and quarantine.admin.

25. Offline

aflyingiPh0ne

26. Offline

DDoS

Yeah, I guess that's doable.

27. Offline

Holgate

Whenever I try to join, it crashes the server..
    Heres my config (New to setting up plugins so I'm guessing I did something wrong ;3

'mobCancelNormalDrop: true
    startingAmount: 35.0
    spawnZones:
    - spawn1qa
    - spawn2qa
    - spawn3qa
    - spawn4qa
    - spawn5qa
    - spawn6qa
    mobDropHigh: 2
    numberOfMobs: 15
    numberOfPlayers: 5
    mobDropLow: 1
    world: world
    startingKit:
    zoneRegionName: examplezone
    lobby:
    entrance:
    - 101658'

Anything you see?

28. Offline

DDoS

Wait for v0.2, I might release it today. Other then that your entrance and lobby coords are really high, are they really at 101658 blocks from the spawn (z axis)?

29. Offline

Holgate

Yer it is ;/ Is that what could be causing it? I could easily move it, It's just I like building away from all the "faggots" on the server ;D

Ill try moving it, it wouldnt be too much of a problem but when theres 20-30 people on the server, I don't really wanna keep crashing it.

Thanks for your help tho, amazing plugin you have :D

30. Offline

DDoS

Well, I'll have v0.2 out tonight, hopefully, the crash problem should be fixed. Also, if you got any error log, post it here.

31. Offline

Holgate

Awesome.

Also; I have a question. I heard you were making basically unlockable doors, well, with this, I wanted to make quite a massive(ish) map. The problem is, Lets just say theres 5 people sitting where they are close enough to two spawnpoints that the mobs will attack them (If you're still following me) eventually, wouldn't all of the mobs start spawning at the other 10+ Spawn points? And there would be essentially none for them to attack unless they started moving around? Or do they spawn near the players :p

Ahah sorry if that was way confusing, hard to explain ;3