[INACTIVE][FUN] Quarantine v0.7 - Survive the zombie horde!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DDoS, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Offline

DDoS

Quarantine

[​IMG]

Survive the zombie horde!
    Quarantine lets you create special zones where mobs spawn and roam around, which players can then join to try to fight for their survival. To improve their odds, they can buy items or sell them. Quarantine has a localized economy, where players get money from killing mobs or selling items. It also has support for leaderboards backed by a Redis or MySQL database. You can lock buttons with keys (which players can buy). Also, the player's last health, inventory and locations are saved, so they can resume gameplay at any time. When exiting a zone, pre-game health is restored. This is a hard core survival game, if you die, all your data is deleted, and you loose all your score. Score is obtained by killing mobs, and can be set for each mob type.
    Requires WorldGuard, Regios or Residence to work

Bukkit dev link: this

Spiritwind likes this.
  2. Offline

DDoS

Yeah, separate inventories. I guess I could add a command to convert an x amount of "zombie money" in to an a*x amount of iConomy money, where "a" is a convert rate integer that you can set in the config.

Alright, now I'm getting some stuff for v0.2!

3. Offline

patey

its probably my server (been having trouble since i updated to 1240) but i cant get quatintine to start, i'll have the error for you in a few minutes

*edit* hadnt noticed it requires worldgaurd >.<
    got it now

4. Offline

fatmarley

Is there a possible to config what is spawned? and even by zone?

Like spawn3 is in a cave, so spawn3 is set to spawn 10 cavespiders?
    and spawn4 is the shop area, so lets spawn some skeletons?

Right now all I get are zombies and rather than add in more spawn points (up to 14) I would like to vary what it is!

5. Offline

DDoS

When I first started building the plugin, I had in mind to allow multiple mob types, but for some reason I could only get zombies to spawn, so, after a week spent on trying to make them work, I gave up. I don't know if I feel like implementing it all over again..

6. Offline

fatmarley

Well either way let me know...

7. Offline

patey

is it possible to get money from the zombies when using a bow?

8. Offline

aflyingiPh0ne

It would be awesome if you made it so while setting the arena up if you put a sign above a door and set the item id to the word "Door" that you would have to pay for the door. That could add a whole new level to this plug-in! :)

9. Offline

Devboi

I keep getting this sometimes and it causes me to have to reload the server for people to be able to re enter quarantine area. when I type /qa join at this point it tells me the region id's are invalid, then its fine after a reload.

2011-10-09 12:20:49 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to Quarantine
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at DDoS.Quarantine.QMobHandler.isInZone(QMobHandler.java:289)
    at DDoS.Quarantine.QPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(QPlayerListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:314)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:171)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:92)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:497)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:160)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:43)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:500)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

I also have the mob arena plugin installed and to enter that the command is /ma join
    is there any reason that this may be affecting it?
    thanks

10. Offline

DDoS

I'll take a look at it, also, don't worry about MobArena, it doesn't have anything to do with this plugin.

I guess I forgot about those, sorry!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  11. video? image?

12. Offline

Beadis

When ever i try to join my quarantine game, typing /qa join, The server crashes. is there something im doing wrong?

13. Offline

aflyingiPh0ne

To add onto my other idea, even if you put "Button" or "lever" it would make it so the player had to pay for the lever or button. I have an awesome arena set up with a power switch that links to dispensers and doors so it would be awesome if you could make it so they have to pay for those three things (doors, levers and buttons).

14. Offline

raoul007

post pictures or a video

15. Offline

andrewsauce32

Hey there... I'm trying to run this on my server, but I keep getting the following error:

03:52:13 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Quarantine v0.1 (Is it up to dat
    e?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at DDoS.Quarantine.QMobHandler.setupZones(QMobHandler.java:63)
    at DDoS.Quarantine.Quarantine.onEnable(Quarantine.java:81)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:170)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:957)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:280)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:171)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:154
    )
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    03:52:13 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it>

I've got the latest recommended build, and I set up regions for each of the spawn zones for the zombies, as well as set up the entrance coordinates and the lobby coordinates... Any help would be appreciated. :)

16. Offline

DDoS

You've got the region names wrong, make sure they're spelled correctly, they must match perfectly the names you use for the WorldGuard regions they're associated to. Make sure zoneRegionName and spawnZones are properly set in the config.

17. Offline

andrewsauce32

Heh alright, I double checked and sure enough they weren't working. However now I can't seem to add another SpawnZone. I have one small designated area near a cave for zombies to spawn, but every time I try to add another Zone, it messes up the Notepad formatting of my config file, making it so that they don't even spawn at the original one, and adding my MobDropHigh variable to the Zone name, effectively erasing my set MobDropHigh and creating a new one at the end of the file with the default.

Seems like a lot of my problems here could be fixed if Notepad didn't keep messing up the formatting every time I tried changing something. I have to go through and fix it like 4 times every time I change something until it finally gets it right. Is there another program that I should be using to open/view/edit config files? I feel like I'm missing something here... :)

18. Offline

DDoS

Try NotePad++, I think it supports YAML syntax.

19. Offline

andrewsauce32

Thanks!

Now, as a firm believer of the potential of this Plugin, I have some suggestions for you!

- Region-Based Spawning/Drops: Allow a hierarchy of "regions" that simulate "exploring deeper" into the Quarantine zone, allowing for larger drops from zombies, but making more of them so that it's exceedingly dangerous to enter these zones. Perhaps it would be possible to give the zombies in these areas a buff as well?

- BANK! I know your intention is to hook this with iConomy, but I feel that as a standalone Plugin, it deserves some sort of bank feature. That way, players could store money (Perhaps with a service charge?) that would carry over in the event of death.

- Selling Options: Perhaps this could even account for the bank method explained above! Allow players to sell items to the store as well as buying them to create a greater "scavenging" environment for the players.

- Leaderboard/Tally: I know the leaderboard has already been suggested, but perhaps counting the total number of zombies killed would be nice too! Perhaps you could even make special events occur at certain kill totals, such as a horde attack where Zombie spawns were increased by a configurable amount such as doubling them or tripling them.

And that's about it for now! If I have any other suggestions/recommendations/requests I'll be sure to let you know! Great work on this plugin! I am completely captivated by it and love every aspect of it! :)

20. Offline

xpofroodo

Hello people of Bukkit Servers.

so i happen to be strolling by when i saw this marvalous Plugin.

So ofcoarse i downloaded and tried to install.

Now i noticed the config.yml folder had nothing in it. so i copy pasted the Config settings that were provided.
    I edited them to my liking. and i left my Lobby and Entrance coordinates blank.

Now when i type

/qa setlobby (Error Pops up - "An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command")
    /qa setentrance (Error Pops up - "An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command")
    /qa join (Error Pops up - "The Quarantine zone is full")

So can somebody tell me what i did wrong when setting it up? Cause i am fairly new to the whole server thing yet alone plugins !

So i would appreciate a more detailed guide on how to set it up.
    Cause i dont even know what WorldGuard and WorldEdit are lol

Pathetic i know ! But thanks for reading up to this point.

My Current Configuration Settigs:

## YAML Template.
    ---
    name: Quarantine
    main: DDoS.Quarantine.Quarantine
    version: 0.1
    commands:
    qa:
    description: Quarantine commands.
    usage:
    /qa

mobCancelNormalDrop: true
    startingAmount: 35.0
    spawnZones:
    - qatest
    - qatest2
    - qatest3
    mobDropHigh: 15
    numberOfMobs: 10
    numberOfPlayers: 4
    mobDropLow: 5
    world: Multiplayer Server save 1
    startingKit:
    zoneRegionName: examplezone
    lobby:
    -
    -
    -
    entrance:
    -
    -
    -

21. Offline

DDoS

WorldEdit and WorldGuard are plugins, look them up in the plugin list, learn how to use WorldGuard (WorldEdit is only needed as WorldGuard needs it). As for the config, run the plugin once, then stop your server. Edit it, and reboot, and it should work.

22. Offline

xpofroodo

Sry for the double post, but I got another problem. Now i have world guard and world edit installed. I type in /qa join and i get this error:
    "couldn't spawn mobs, invalid region IDs in Config"
    I tried tweaking the lobby and entrance coordinates, but i got the same problem.
    the configurations are the same
    ## YAML Template.
    ---
    commands:
    qa:
    usage:
    /qa

spawnZones:
    - qatest
    - qatest2
    - qatest3
    world: Multiplayer Server save 1
    startingKit:
    lobby:
    -
    -
    -
    entrance:
    -
    -
    -

23. Offline

DDoS

Highlighted your problem in red in the quote. You need to create regions for spawning. You use WorldGuard for that (check for a tutorial). The names you give to your spawn regions go there.

24. Offline

xpofroodo

Thx so much DDos!

Ok, I set my region configs to
    zspawn1
    zspawn2
    zspawn3

I also set the lobby and entrance points by typing /qa setlobby, and /qa setentrance.
    When i type in /qa join, i still get the same problem. I set the regions right
    i type //wand
    left and right click my regions
    and typed /region claim zspawn1 for 1
    i repeated for the rest.

Thanks for the help DDos

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

25. Offline

DDoS

I think you missed this property. This is the global zone that encases all of the spawn zones. You must fence it to prevent mobs from running away. Also, the command to define a region is /region define (name) (owner).

26. Offline

xpofroodo

Hey, DDos
    I need your help again. This time i set the region, named qa
    i made it around the zombie spawns, but i still get the same error message....

Here is my config:
    ## YAML Template.
    ---
    commands:
    qa:
    usage:
    /qa

spawnZones:
    - zspawn1
    - zspawn2
    - zspawn3
    world: world
    startingKit:
    zoneRegionName: qa
    lobby:
    entrance:

I hope this helps
    My error is:
    "couldn't spawn mobs, invalid region IDs in Config"

Please explain in detail, make sure your instructions are idiot proof (for me)
    Thx again DDos

27. Offline

DDoS

First thing, what I put in red isn't part of the config, and I wonder how you ended up with it, since it's part of a yaml file inside the Quarantine.jar file... Get rid of that. The error you're getting means you messed up your regions, the plugin can't get the region objects from WorldGuard using the provided IDs. Make sure the region names match exactly the ones you set up.

28. Offline

kyneff

Does this work with the latest recommended bukkit build 1337?

29. Offline

Devboi

I am getting
    Invalid region ID's could not spawn mobs
    when I use /qa join
    My regions are listed in the config the same as in /region list

spawnZones:
    - z1
    - z2
    - z3
    - z4
    numberOfMobs: 20
    numberOfPlayers: 10
    world: Future
    startingKit:
    zoneRegionName: zombie
    lobby:
    entrance:

Please help as my players LOVE this plugin, but it does this error so often...

30. Offline

kropto

Please make video

31. Offline

DDoS

Try it, it should work, unless they deprecated the current configuration API, which they were planning. If it doesn't work, then I'll fix it.

No, I'm too busy for that. I want to start recoding the plugin soon, I'm sure this will be better spent time.

I don't know why it's doing this, as I said earlier, I'm gonna start recoding the plugin, and it will be much much better. The error you're getting simply means that the plugin can't get the regions from WorldGuard using the IDs in the config (under spawnZones), maybe they don't match.

I wrote this plugin as a test, and seeing that people enjoy it so much, I'm thinking about going back to it.