[Inactive][FUN/MISC] NetherInvasion v0.0.1 - When the Nether scapes through portals [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mangine, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Offline

mangine

Nether Invasion v0.0.1
    Download @ attachment

Bring the nether to your world! With this plugin nether will invade your world! Once you build a portal, land and mobs can get to your world by passing the portal.
    The attachment also have some screenshots.
    ATENTION: This won't search for old portals, only portals created after plugins installation will be invaded.

Features:
    - Change land near portals to nether land (Caution when building inside your house, you've been warned)
    - Can spawn mobs on portals (Ghasts can grief your world, don't set too many of them. )

Commands:
    /nitest - Makes invasion on every portal
    /nireload - Reloads config.yml
    /nisave - Save Portals

Permissions:
    netherinvasion.admin - all commands

Config File:
    Code:
    TimeCheckAndSave: 20 - Time (in minutes) to save portals and invade then (default 20 min)

InvasionMaxRadius: 8 - Max distance from portal that will suffer from land invasion (8 is good bacause min range is 3 and the range will be random between 3 and what you set)

NetherRackChances: 0.8 - Proportion of netherrack (0.8 = 80% rack, 20% soulsand)

MaxInvasionLayer: 2 - How deep nether land can go.

LandInvasion: true - if land can be invaded

PortalInvasionChance: 0.75 - Chance of portal being invaded (land and mobs)

MobInvasion: true - if mobs can spawn

FireOnNetherRackChances: 0.15 - Chances of netherrack invade with fire

PigZombie:
    - trys: 3 - How many times will try to spawn
    - spawnchance: 0.15 - chances of spawning (every single time)

Ghast:
    - trys: 3 - How many times will try to spawn
    - spawnchance: 0.05 - chances of spawning (every single time)

Suggestions:
    - Stop invasion by placing key items in front of portals. - Will work on soon.
    - Maybe round land invasion? - Working on [0% done].
    - Random land invasion with medium radius? -Working on [0% done].
    - Protect some items from the invasion (chests, beds, pistons, tourches, redstone stuff) - Will work on soon.
    - Spread infinitely - Will TRY, if it`s possible, will publish.
    - Correct grammar mistakes? - Will try to learn English
    - Please suggest! I didn't make any of those above because I'm lazy and algorithm for those is a little more boring to think of, but I'll do if you want.

Known BUGS:
    - none

Changelog:
    v0.0.1 (9/9/2011) - Initial release

Shots:
    2011-09-09_17.19.32.png 2011-09-09_17.20.47.png

Attached Files:

2. Offline

pyraetos

3. Offline

Kalade

Masterpiece!

4. Offline

BattleGroundxx

His looks hillarous!

5. Offline

CyborgRaVen

:eek:Omg....very cool idea
    recalls Elder the scrolls IV: Oblivion =)

Mtiger99 likes this.
  6. Offline

ShadowX90

how about a way to stop the invastion of a portal like flowers around it or sumtin

7. Offline

blaxout1213

1. FANTASTIC
    2. Can it spread infinitley?
    3. Will it be able to spread infinitley(configurable)
    4. FANTASTIC

8. Offline

mangine

I`ll try to figure out a way to do that, but thats a great challange to make because now the plugin aways change the ground around it, so if you put dirt blocks nearby after a invasion it will be replace by nether land in the next invasion, so it would get more and more laggy, but I can make and option to spread infinitely, but It wouldn`t probably search to changed blocks near the portals.
    Also this plugin changes EVERYTHING to netherland, even tourches, but I`m thinking of protecting itens like chests (cause users may lose their items) beds and etc. (some key items).

But I`ll work on this after bukkit`s release (since 1.8 is comming tomorrow).

9. Offline

blaxout1213

Yay!!! i am going to keep a very close eye on this and support it ;)

10. this would be awesome but im using dimensiondoor which makes no portal needed to go nether :D darn.
    I like your idea! really nice.

11. Offline

jonas2691

can anyone help me i don't know how to make it work plz help

12. Offline

woodzy

this is just awsome!

13. Offline

GunToYourTemple

how long does it take for the invastion to start?? :confused:

14. Offline

Mannimal0916

I like it, but i think there should be some sort of barrier that prvents the blocks from getting it, like a bedrock box would prevent nether stuff to get inside. Idk.

15. Offline

mastor_elastor

On my last server, every time I built a nether gate I would make it so that the "worlds" bled into each other for a more dramatic feel (i.e. nether blocks in surface world and surface world blocks in the nether). This is a great idea for a plugin!

16. Offline

kahlilnc

Wow really nice I was thinking of something similar to this when i saw the scarredlands plugin. :D I like it

17. Offline

Mannimal0916

it says bukkit wants to let you do that, but bukkit cant and stuff. Im scared!

18. Offline

colin8696909

see now this is something useful.

19. Offline

mangine

Sorry guys, I`ve been out for some days and I just can work on this plugin @ weekends.

jonas2691, GunToYourTemple: It take 20 mins between invasions, but you can test it by /nitest , also if you`re shutting down the server don`t forget to /nisave, 20 mins is configurable, so you may change as you wish.

Mannimal0916: I shall try something related to ShadowX90 idea.

mastor_elastor: will check the possibilities of that, I may add this as optional, like the idea.

20. Offline

aphexboy

Can you make it that the Nether invasion doesn't invade the NETHER!!! Oo

21. Offline

DreamRate

Sorry but for me it says that bukkit wont let me do that:S? i cant use any commands of that even if a have that permissions

m1ck3y_t and sammehthedragon like this.
  22. Offline

HashWorks

I like it in my world, but its stupid that it invades the nether :D
    When I use the portal everything is full of pigman and ghasts, killing the portal.

23. Offline

R3ap3rG

this is pretty good.
    but is there a way to reverse it?
    I..err... built a few portals then did test =S pretty interesting lol

24. Offline

robbcap

hi it says on me im sorry dave im afraid i cant do that

25. Offline

FeltLizard

Must fix download link please i want this plugin

26. Offline

Blood_dog_2004

I downloaded this and even took the chances of spawning up, but nothing shows up in the world. Although when i go to the Nether World there are TONS of pig zombies and ghasts. Why arent they comeing threw the portal?

27. Offline

Demon113

How about if any passive mob walks in the portal it turns into an aggresive mob?

28. Offline

british12

does any one know what it means when it says a internal error while attempting to preform this command

29. Offline

LuQaZ

Where do i download? xD

30. Offline

bazatul

how i can download