[INACTIVE][FUN] LandMine v0.5 - Create land mines quickly [232]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Queepo, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Queepo

LandMine - The Land mine maker.
    Version: v0.5
    Builds Tested on: [232 - 302]
    This plugin now requires permissions to run.
    Landmine is a simple plugin that, when enabled, allows the user to create landmines by placing a stone pressure plate on the ground.

Features:
    Create land mines simply by placing stone pressure plates on the ground, use the commands to increase your landmine size. Disarm landmines by destroying the pressure plate.

Commands
    • Permission - 'landmine.place' Gives all commands to the user.
    • Permission - 'landmine.disarm' Allows user to destroy land mines. *Note* Any one can destroy the pressure block but the TNT will only disappear if they have this permission.
    • /landmine - Enable's or disables LandMine
    • /landmine small - Makes the users landmine's the default size (1 block of TNT)
    • /landmine big - Makes the users landmine's the medium size (5 blocks of TNT in a + formation)
    • /landmine huge - Makes the users landmine's the larges size (9 blocks of TNT, 3x3 square)
    • /lm - Same as above
    Planned Features
    -Taking suggestions

Changelog:
    v0.5 Added Permission support
    Added land mine sizes

v0.1 Initial release

This is my first plugin so go easy on me :)
    Post any suggestions or bugs down below.

Download Latest Version

davispuh likes this.
  2. Offline

Selbram

3. Offline

Riot

Very Cool! Adding this with big brother is an epic win.
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 9:09 PM ---
    My two cents:
    1. Mobs stepping on these is annoying how about explode only if a player triggers it?
    2. TNT should be removable.

4. Offline

QQCucumber

Could you make this instead use the wood ones? The stone ones are far more commonly used.

5. Offline

Queepo

I'll work on both of those.

The plugin needs to be enabled for land mines to be created. Any pressure plate used while it is disabled are normal, however ill work on making it compatible for wood ones now.

Have I made all the correct changes?

6. Offline

iSushi

Hey, this plugin got a lot of potential :) If you just one thing:

- Doesn't blow up the landscape.

7. Offline

Cosmic Break

you dont know what landmines are?

8. Offline

iSushi

I want landmines to kill stuff e.e Not ruin my nice house.

I've always tried to make a landmine that kills a player,isn't easily visible, and doesn't ruin stuff around it. When a block is above the TNT and that block falls (this only happens with gravel and sand), it doesn't matter if water is above it,around it or not. If there isn't any falling blocks above it, and water is around it, the TNT won't ruin any of the landscape around it, However, it's easily visible.

So I want that effect with gravel and sand. No ruining of my landscape D;

EDIT: And is it only me, or was that a little hostility into your comment? o.o
    DOUBLE EDIT: Sorry, that became complicated. But you got my point.

9. Offline

Cosmic Break

no hostility. this isnt the place to discuss matters like that.

see what i did there? I made you elaborate on your request.

10. Offline

iSushi

Hehe. I wanted to see the developers opinion before I wrote more on it. But since you came in, I wrote the rest. :D

11. Offline

Queepo

TNT does only does half a heart of damage when there is a block in between. Knowing that I don't see any way of making TNT deadly while its underground. I wouldnt advise placing any mines in your house or near anything you like.

12. Offline

iSushi

There isn't any block in between when the sandblock falls down. It sorta bugs itself into the TNT. Thats the vanilla version. You can try it yourself :)

v
    x
    o

v= pressureplate of anykind
    x= sandblock/gravelblock
    o= TNT

So the player falls down, and dies. Even if water is there.

13. Offline

Queepo

I see what you mean now I will try to add that option in the next release, if its possible.

14. Offline

iSushi

Thanks :) ... Always tried to find a solution around it in the vanilla version. I'm not sure if it's possible but i'll see if you can get it ^^.

15. Offline

Captain Morti

Hi Queepo,

i tried your plugin and everytime i place a landmine i just do 0.5 heart damage. I tried a mine on sand but the sand fall down (me too) and just again 0.5 damage. Is there anyway to kill people with it?

16. Offline

Queepo

Unfortunately when there is a block of any material between the TNT and a player it will only do have a heart of damage. I have an update in the works with more TNT that is sure to kill people, i'll finish that up and upload it :)

17. Offline

Withless

could you make the dmg on the mines changable? right now it only takes away half an hp not really all the great for keep intruders out :i

18. are you still updating this?? whens the new landmine coming:D

19. Offline

Queepo

Plugin Updated, check changelog, enjoy :)

20. Offline

Kostronor

;)

21. Offline

sza22

22. Offline

blodyblack

is it me or do u have to update this cuz it wont work and i want to so bad!!!!

23. Offline

Queepo

Sorry Im out of town for just a few more hours. I will update it soon.

24. Offline

sza22

so when is it going to be updated?