[INACTIVE][FUN] JumpBlock v0.9.3 now with (beta) Minecart Jumping [535]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by PurelySatanic, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Offline

PurelySatanic

JumpBlock
    Version: v0.9.3

Download:
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

This plugin takes wooden slabs along with a sign and allows users to walk over it and sail into the heavens above.

Dependencies:

NOTE AS OF 0.6:

This plugin no longer requires Permissions, all commands etc will work if you're an OP.

This plugin is best used with the latest Permissions plugin.

Example:

All must be placed on the same level.

x = sign can be placed
    o = wooden plank

xxx
    xox
    xxx

If you have two signs adjacent to a wooden slab one will take precedence over the other. (considering a better solution in the future)

NOTE: THIS HAS CHANGED SINCE 0.4

You can now place a sign DIRECTLY undernearth the slab you have. This will allow jump blocks to be placed beside each other without sharing data.

Note: If you place a sign below a jump pad, it will take precendence over any signs placed on the same level as the pad.

Sign Usage:

First Number: This is your Y value. It will dictate how high you jump.

Expected values: 10+

Second Number: This is your "force" value. This will dictate how far a user is shot in the given direction from which they hit the jump block.

Expected values: 0+

A value of zero will make the user shoot straight up no matter what.

Configuration:

Located in plugins/JumpBlock/config.txt

enable: This will allow the plugin to start automatically when server starts (Default=false)
    Example:
    enable:[true]/[false]

invincibility: This will allow jump invincibility when the server starts (Default=false)
    Example:
    invincibility:[true]/[false]

maxheight: This sets the max height a user can set their block to. (Default=50) To negate any height limit, set this -1.
    Example:
    maxheight:50

force: This sets the "force" to which the user is shot in the direction they're walking when they hit the JumpBlock. This will supply a sign with a default force if none is given on the sign itself.
    Example:
    force:10

Permissions: This sets whether or not Permissions will be used. (Default=false)
    Example:
    permissions:true
    NOTE: It is recommended that you use Permissions as you'll be able to set individual groups to use Jump Blocks. Otherwise only OPs will be able to create and use JumpBlocks.

Commands:

NOTE AS OF 0.9.2:

All previous commands will remain to work until the next big iteration in this plugin.

JumpBlock [on]/[off] - Turns on/off the Jump Blocks (Default=Off)
    @new - JumpBlock [immune] [on]/[off] - Turns on landing invincibility (Default=Off)
    @new - JumpBlock [max] [integer] - Sets the max height that a player can use on a sign
    @DEPRECATED - JInvincibility [on]/[off] - Turns on landing invincibility (Default=Off)
    @DEPRECATED - JSetMax [Integer>0] - Sets the max height that a player can use on a sign

Permissions:

NOTE AS OF 0.9.2:

Old permissions will continue to work until next big iteration of this plugin.

'JumpBlock.State' - This will allow the user to turn off and on the Jump Block
    @DEPRECATED - 'JumpBlock.Invincibility' - This will allow the user to turn off and on landing invincibility
    @new - 'JumpBlock.Immune' - This will allow the user to turn off and on landing invincibility
    'JumpBlock.Use' - This will allow a user to use the Jump Block
    'JumpBlock.MaxHeight' - This will allow a user to set the max height a player can use on the sign
    'JumpBlock.Create' - This will allow a user to create or remove Jump Blocks

@new - Minecart Jumping (0.9.3):

This feature is currently really buggy so I've submitted it as a seperate .jar file to the normal builds so that people have the choice to use this.

Example:

[​IMG]

1. Represents areas you can place signs (you can still put it anywhere around the wooden slab but it must be on the level above the wooden slab)
    2. Represents a wooden slab (You MUST place two on top of each other for it to work)

Features:
    * Wooden Plank used as jump pad
    * Sign used to dictate vertical/horizontal velocity
    * Landing Invincibility
    * Minecart jumping

Changelog:

Version 0.9.3:

* Added support for minecart jumping (buggy at this point)

Version 0.9.2:

* Changed all the commands to begin with /JumpBlock for consistancy

Version 0.9.1:

* Implemented fixes for the new Recommended CraftBukkit Build.

Version 0.9:

* Fixed an issue where jump pads would become unusable with invincibility off

Version: 0.8:

* Created a new field in the config file to dictate "force" (See config notes)
    * Allows users to put second config line on sign to dictate force (See sign config)

Version 0.7:

* Fixed issue with game throwing error if you didn't have permissions while permissions:false

Version: 0.6:

* Implemented the ability to not use Permissions (You must be an OP to use JumpBlocks however if you do not use Permissions.
    * Added new variable in config.txt to set Permissions (Default=false)

Version 0.5:

* Implemented a configuration file for defaults. Located in plugins/JumpBlock/config.txt
    * Added another Permission, stopping users from building Jump Blocks

Bugs:

* Some users are reporting the plugin not creating the config.txt file. If you have any information please post your OS and your CraftBukkit build.
    * After using a Jump Block with invincibility on, you can no longer take fall damage
    * Using commands without proper arguements throws a server error (will not crash)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Offline

DrBowe

Not the same person, but I'm experiencing the same problem.
    I have 544, and I'm running on Windows 7.
    Its the strangest thing though, seeing as it works fine on my test server (config file created properly), yet when I restart the actual server, the config file isnt created period, and manualy transfering the config file from my test server doesnt work either.

I thought it might have been a plug in that was conflicting with it, but that wasnt the problem as I isolated every plug in and tested it out.

I honestly cant figure out why its doing this, your guess is as good as mine. I just want to launch griefers into the sky and then use the spells plug in to turn them into living fireworks :(

3. Offline

3kman

Broken on 552+ :(
    Code:
    10:14:29 [ALLVARLIG] com/nijiko/Messaging loading JumpBlock v0.5 (Is it up to da
    te?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/Messaging
            at com.turbogrimoire.purelysatanic.JumpBlock.JumpBlock.setupPermissions(
    JumpBlock.java:82)
            at com.turbogrimoire.purelysatanic.JumpBlock.JumpBlock.onEnable(JumpBloc
    k.java:57)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:451)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:217)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:92)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:70)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijiko.Messaging
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:30)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 12 more

4. Offline

Bubby4j

Lol you copied my plugin almost.

5. Offline

PurelySatanic

I know! I actually saw your plugin a couple days after I had posted mine (Yours did come out first though).

I had thought of sending you a message to point out that I wasn't trying to copy yours as I didn't realize you had made one :p lmao

Hmm, it looks to be an issue with Permissions. Can you disable Permissions by going into the config file located at JumpBlock/config.txt and setting permission:true to permissions:false and let me know what you get.

And I'll continue to look into this, I can't reproduce it so it's kind of difficult to isolate haha
    Is your test server and your regular server both running the same version of CraftBukkit?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  6. Offline

DrBowe

Yes, it is. This is actually one of the first things I checked. Transfered server CraftBukkit to my test server, overwriting the older version. They're both running on 544. Its very strange...

7. Offline

PurelySatanic

Yeah, I really don't know what the issue is. I downloaded the build you're running and I can't reproduce it. I had thought initially the OS might refuse the .jar to make files because it came from another computer but this isn't the case...

Odd. I'll continue to look into it.

8. Offline

3kman

Actually I'm not even using permission.
    Guess I missed that permission was required on earlier versions.
    Running 0.6 now and works like a charm. :D
    Edit:
    There is still something funky about permission.
    Code:
    11:09:14 [ALLVARLIG] Could not pass event BLOCK_DAMAGED to JumpBlock
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler
            at com.turbogrimoire.purelysatanic.JumpBlock.JumpBlockBlockListener.onBl
    ockDamage(JumpBlockBlockListener.java:108)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$22.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:269)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:368)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

9. Offline

PurelySatanic

Sorry! I somehow missed adding in the revisions for one of the files and that's why that was thrown.
    Pretty foolish mistake on my part. 0.7 should have all your fixes.

10. Offline

Jobsti

Haha nice, like the Quake 3 Jumppads.
    perfect for my Minecraft promode Defrag (Trickjump-mod) Request, now we need AirControl, Bunnyhopping and Strafejumping :D

Daveyo likes this.
  11. Offline

Adam Shefki

This is great.

Any chance of implementing a horizontal momentum thing? X and Z? This'd be amazing for my server, since my players have set up catapults to seige over castle walls, but they have to be ridiculously close atm because they can only launch upwards.

12. Offline

PurelySatanic

Sure, will do with the next build.

13. Offline

Adam Shefki

14. Offline

deshadowc

Yeah I could use this as well.

15. Offline

PurelySatanic

I'm just putting the finishing touches on it. It should be out relatively soon.

16. Offline

gamerluke

Loving this for tall buildings; alot of those on my server, walls; again a lot of them!...
    I would ask for you to add for it to work with other blocks; things like castles on my server would love to have the 44:3 to work it (cobblestone)

If you can I would be very happy, also others would be too :)

17. Offline

PurelySatanic

Yeah this is one of the things I'm working towards along with the above things I've said I was working on. :)

18. Offline

Phat32

I just installed this on my server, and its not working :( I am running the latest everything. Whats wrong lol

19. Offline

PurelySatanic

Umm, it's probably not enabled in the config file. Or something along those lines. I tested it earlier today on the latest version and it worked so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

20. Very silly but its fun and has potential for building/ navigating.

After a little playtesting... we wanted minecarts to jump if they come in contact with the half block. Also mobs if they come in contact. Just throwing some ideas. Cool plugin. I like how you can hide the sign below.

21. Offline

ledhead900

Could u add more methods of jumping linke in this one http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-mech-superjump-v0-3-launch-users-556.8022/page-3#post-153423

I like your realtime like jumping his is fixed jumping but what I would really like from this one is that if your moving aka running when u step one a jump platform instead of shooting your straight up would it be possible to for it to actually take your direction into account and launch u in the direction your actually going.

Reason being is that we run a Tommytonys Warplugin it would be mighty cool to make like a Jump arena where you keep moving and jump from pad to pad and missing = death.

but inorder to do this it needs to take into account players direciton of movement when launching, Also would be to too much to ask to get invincibilty set by the SIGN and not by command.

while keeping the main command to set invincibilty it would actually work as both ability to add it to sign and ability to enable or disable it for self.

For the sign something like this would suffce!

SIGN
    line1: 10
    line2[Safefall]

Second line would be the added tirgger so that players dont lose health landing when using that pad. This would allows us to chain pads in sucsession and as long as users land on the pad they are safe from death.

P.S we tested out some limits for you, we came to find 500 worked , 1000 worked 4999 did not much more then 500 and Im guessing that over 2000 has little to no effect in launch height in fact high numbers like 3000 actually start to invert jump distance a little.

Edit:

I love the idea behind this one but it really needs to take into account player direction of travel also I agree with above poster getting othe entity's launching of this would be really fun.

I can imagine a boat slide with a launch pad at the end connecting more boat slides :)

22. Offline

PurelySatanic

I was actually working on the first thing you requested (The take movement into account thing) and almost have it finished.

The second thing can be done too.

23. Offline

Taco

Looks great! Can you post the source please?

24. That sounds great.

25. Offline

Kainzo

So is it possible to launch the users in any direction like superjump?

26. Offline

gamerluke

Launches you directly into the air by X blocks depending on how the sign is set

27. Offline

ledhead900

very cool indeed

I also support the idea of getting other enity's such as carts and boats and sheep etc being effect as well.

possibly even another sign event like on 3rdline [other]

edit:

people on my server also asking about possible to command to override max height set in config and instead have a min and max height or just the ability to override it on the sign with a group permissions.

28. Offline

PurelySatanic

This has been changed as of 0.8, please check the changelog. It's really rough at the moment but take a look and please report any errors you recieve.

29. Offline

ledhead900

Thx for adding that feature, you got my other 2 posts ?

oh we came across an issue in 0.7 not tried 0.8 just yet but what happend was me managed to influence a negative and it actually turned the jumpad into a magnet that stop player jumping at all in fact he bugged and got stuck and we had to use moderator magic's to get him unstuck.

I will be back a bit later to fill you in how we managed to do this as I was not online during this test.

30. Offline

PurelySatanic

Yeah, I probably didn't do a check for negative values. :S I'll take a look tomorrow when I wake up.

I did see your other two posts, and I'm addressing them in my current builds however I wanted to get this feature out as soon as possible so I pushed it out ahead of the rest.

31. Offline

ledhead900

cool should I just wait for the enw builds as we area actually not using jumpad in any existing work right now. If your going to release say before next friday might as well wait.

Got an issue here with v0.8 It seems some people can use this fine while others cannot. For instance we use GM the permissions are fine so I wont post them.

Our VIP members can use these jumpblocks just fine every single time, VIP gets its group inheritance from trust that inherits a group below etc, until it gets to default group that has the Use command hence why they can use it.

But this is where the funs tops members in my Staff/moderators group and myself ADMIN can only use the jumpad once and once only.

After we hop on it once it fails to work any more, I have tried removing block and sign and removeing sign making new ones.

Testing to see if problem exisits in the old version now.

edit:

Old version works fine 0.7 , New version does not create a config file eaither it never added the new value to config I had to manually do this.

Edit:

Thx for the help!

Edit:

Actually might need to tidy up some checks as its kinda random on our server if it will velocity will work or not I find it only really works well when smashing the jumpbutton as u near it otherwise it somtimes shoots u vertical still.

We tried numbers like

It happens with any combination. A bit of hit and mess going on here so maybe some more checks are needed to FORCE velocity when hit.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016