[INACTIVE][FUN] HeroMagic 0.991 - RPG Spell System [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kainzo, May 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Kainzo

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">HeroMagic</font>: The RPG Spells & Magic Plugin
    Source Code on GitHub This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">What is HeroMagic?</font> A multi-functional spiritual successor of MagicSpells (Hmod) spell system that brings a new spin on Minecraft. HeroMagic is designed for RPG servers who want to push the limit between legit gameplay and active RPG systems with highly configurable cooldowns & reagent systems.

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Design: <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Kainzo</font></font>
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Contributers/Coders</font>: <font color="rgb(255, 0, 255)">Dgco</font>, <font color="rgb(255, 153, 0)">Sp1rit90, <font color="rgb(128, 0, 0)">Redyugi </font></font>& <font color="rgb(0, 0, 255)">HC coding. </font>

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Features</font>

* RPG-Style Spell Use

- * Reagent Requirements
    * Balanced Cooldowns
    * Configurable Casting Messages (coming soon!)
    - Highly Configurable:
    * Adjustable Cooldowns.
    * Adjustable Reagent Cost.
    * Customizable Spellbook locations.
    - Op only:
    * Set Spell Learning location (via Spellbook)
    * Free Reagents / No Cooldown

Show Spoiler
    Ops:
    <font color="rgb(153, 204, 0)">/cast</font> <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">spellbook </font><<font color="rgb(51, 204, 204)">spellname</font>> (while looking at a Bookshelf)
    Players:
    Right-Click the Bookshelf to "learn" the spell
    <font color="rgb(153, 204, 0)">/cast </font><<font color="rgb(51, 204, 204)">spellname</font>>
    PROFIT!

Show Spoiler
    * <font color="rgb(255, 102, 0)">Mark </font>- Sets the point for the Recall spell (Works like /sethome)
    * <font color="rgb(255, 102, 0)">Recall </font>- Recalls to the marked location (Works like /home)
    * <font color="rgb(255, 102, 0)">Gate </font>- Transport the user to the spawn location (/spawn)
    * <font color="rgb(255, 102, 0)">Blink </font>- Instantly teleports the user to their cursor
    * <font color="rgb(255, 153, 0)">Glassnova</font>- Places glass around nearby foes.
    * <font color="rgb(255, 102, 0)">Heal </font>- Heals the target with magical fury!
    * <font color="rgb(255, 102, 0)">Food </font>- Summons a cookie to defend your health! (Eat it, duh)
    * <font color="rgb(255, 102, 0)">Web </font>- Places webs around nearby foes.
    * <font color="rgb(255, 102, 0)">Push </font>- Throws the target into the air - damaging them on the landing
    * <font color="rgb(0, 255, 0)">Cost </font>(all) - Provides information on the reagents needed to cast the spell
    * Purge (op only) - Removes X spell from the users spellbook
    * <font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Spellbook </font>(op only) - Spell needed to enchant Bookshelves to have players "right click" and learn the spell. - /cast spellbook Mark (while facing a bookshelf)

Show Spoiler
    Code:
    BlackList: []
    Spells:
        Recall:
            Reagent2-Name: ''
            Reagent2-Amount: 0
            Reagent1-Name: Redstone Dust
            CoolDown: 600
            Reagent1-Amount: 5
            Reagent1-ID: 331
            Reagent2-ID: 0
                Y: 0
                X: 0
                Z: 0
        Blink:
            Reagent2-Name: ''
            Reagent2-Amount: 0
            CoolDown: 60
            Reagent1-Amount: 50
            Reagent2-ID: 0
                X: -0
        Gate:
            Reagent2-Name: Gold Bar
            Reagent2-Amount: 1
            CoolDown: 3600
            Reagent1-Amount: 10
            Reagent2-ID: 266
                X: -0
                Z: -0
        Mark:
            Reagent2-Name: Iron Bar
            Reagent2-Amount: 1
            CoolDown: 1800
            Reagent1-Amount: 10
            Reagent2-ID: 265
                X: 0

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Known Issues:</font>
    * Cooldown Timers may report the wrong cooldown time when attempting to recast the same spell.
    * Random spelling mistakes or grammatical errors
    * When updating to a new version - don't just drop in the plugin and /reload - make sure to stop and start the server after updating. (This will be fixed soon!)
    * Having /god on with ops - will prevent the use of PVP style spells. (Glassnova/arrow/web)

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Future Goals:</font>

* Additional Spells (Offensive spells!)
    * Bindable Spells to items via /tome <spellname> and then right click to cast it
    * Enchantment System

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Wanna Contribute to HeroMagic? You can!</font>

<font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)">Stop by #DH on gamesurge.net and msg RightlegRed for more information on being a guest coder for HC coding! </font>

Show Spoiler
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Download:</font>
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(0, 0, 0)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Show Spoiler
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Changelog:</font>
    <font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)">Version 0.991</font></font></font></font></font>
    * Minor bug fixes with Nova and hopefully PVP fix -Dgco

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)"><font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)">Version 0.99</font></font></font>

* Added new spells (Purge / Heal / Food) - Dgco

<font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)">Version 0.98</font>

* More adjustments for glass/web spells (Dgco)

<font color="rgb(20, 20, 20)">Version 0.97</font>

* Adjusted Web and Glassnova - both now work correctly.

Version 0.96

* Initial Public Release

Posting this on behalf of Herocraft Coding - due to the numerous amounts of PM's / emails I was receiving - I'm offering this to the public - it's still a very 'beta' plugin - but most everything works well. Report any bugs / etc if you want them fixed.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Offline

Kainzo

The /tome - command will allow users to bind 'spells' to their items - usable via right click.

3. Offline

Sleepywalker

cool /tome sounds awesome :)
    Any progress on the web and glassnova non op problems
    Sleepy

4. Offline

iggiiggi

I'm getting a "you are in a no-pvp zone" (worldguard message) as an op when I try to use ArrowBlast, even when not in a worldguard-protected zone.

Non-ops seem to be able to use it with no problem, tho.

And we love this plugin, thank you for all the hard work!

5. Offline

awem

Random idea of the day: use the oxygen bar as a cooldown display for the last spell cast.

6. Offline

Kainzo

I will remind everyone - this is a side project of Spells - a few of our devs are hammering this one out - the main one being Dgco.

Hopefully in this Version 0.991 - the issue is resolved with the Arrow/Glassnova, I'll look into the Ops issue as well.

Version 0.991
    • Minor bug fixes with Nova and hopefully PVP fixes

7. Offline

jonathan edel

not for macs?

8. Offline

Dgco

Dgco here. The arrowblast spell is NOT finished, so dont complain about it (Im not even sure how you know about it). Also, all pvp errors have been traced down to one line of code (Resulting from god mode). A fix is on the way. Please keep me in the loop for bugs, and please keep in mind I have a full time job, so I can only code in my spare time (AKA Neverâ„¢).

Thank you for using a Dgco product. We are truly sorry.

(Disclaimer: Poster is half asleep)

9. Another request from Magicspells: the ability to make Spellbooks with limited charges. After X people have learnt the spell by clicking the book case, the Spell is removed.

10. Offline

0nchen

it looks nice but...its to much to write, and if one player makes a makro...he will win

11. Offline

NeoGriim

Is there a permissions setup for this? I want to enable some users to be able to use this but not all of them.

12. Offline

Kainzo

Permission support will be coming in soon - for the grant / learn methods.

13. is there permissions for this?

14. Offline

Qanthelas

I'm curious if you've seen @nisovin 's plugin MagicSpells. It seems to me that you are both doing rather simliar things and you have the advantage of the Hero series of plugins behind you (I am quite fond of HeroChat :D) but he seems to have a few more spells (such as 'gills'.) I'm curious if perhaps you two would benefit from working together?

I really like the Spellbook idea and I want to start implementing a plugin like this on my server. I have loved HeroChat so I would like to stay in this plugin 'family' but I am drawn to the additional spells available in MagicSpells.

15. Offline

EggRoll

Awesome plugin. Can you add a wand type thing?

16. Offline

Kainzo

We are considering merging HeroMagic and MagicSpells... Perhaps HeroSpells - we're still in talks and will let you g uys know what happens with it.

Qanthelas likes this.
  17. Offline

Qanthelas

Just a follow up post to see what ever became of this potential merger.

18. Offline

Kainzo

At this point - I'm giving design insight to nisvion and hes taking over the project. You'll see most (if not all) of the abilities in Heromagic as you do in MagicSpells :)

19. Offline

Luckyshot46

How about some more offensive spells....like fireballs, lightning etc.

20. Offline

Juze

#766 inactive. @Kainzo said he wanted to axe it, so use MagicSpells plugin instead.