[INACTIVE][FUN/ADMIN] WeatherMan 6 - Control the weather! [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by RightLegRed, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Archelaus

Weather Man
    Want to control the weather? Now you can! Become a weather man with this plugin. You can set it to rain on, or off. You can clear snow and even strike people with lightening!​
    Commands​
    /weather rain <time>​
    /weather thunder <true|false>​
    /weather thunder <playername>​
    /weather clear​
    /weather rain - doesn't need a time, without it, it makes it rain for a default set time.​
    Permissions​
    weatherman.clear​
    weatherman.rain​
    weatherman.thunder​
    ChangeLog​
    Version 1 - Released!​
    Version 2 - Added ability to set rain time!​
    Version 3 - Added turning off lightning!​
    Version 4 - Removed reach of lightning!​
    Version 5 - fixed up the commands a bit.​
    Version 6 - now has the command /weather thunder <playername>

Supports Multiworlds, Permissions and each feature is seperated. So your players can clear the rain while you fry sheep!​
    Requires Build 709!​
    I hate to do this, but I'm running out of money and this keeps me interested in developing this plugin. Donators may have their name published to the thread if they please.​
    [​IMG]

Me4502, Netto Hikari, Mazer and 8 others like this.
  2. Offline

PhantomGamers

You need the Permissions plugin in order for WeatherMan to work, please read the OP before posting.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ow-with-real-multiworld-permissions-740.5974/

You should change your name, your post does nothing to solve his issue. :S

3. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

So you judge me by one post.

By the way, he isn't using an RB. Now, you can help him for using such a build, but don't go critizing me because I say someone should update.

Also, not everyone likes using Permissions, good plugins revert to ops.txt... (but I use Permissions btw.)

Update: Looks like it supports, but doesn't require Permissions. It looks like it does in the error log, but not in the OP.
    Also, it seems like I can't set aliases for this command via plugin.yml. And /wm doesn't work, despite it being in the usage area of the YAML file. I'd also like some messages.

4. Offline

PhantomGamers

Yep.

Cool story. His issue was NOT with him not using an RB.
    As much as I would agree everyone should use the latest version of CB, this was not his issue and he didn't ask for your comment.

It does REQUIRE permissions, currently. The thread starter did say that this would be fixed in version 7 though.

5. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

I don't know why you make the font size a bit larger, but OK. And I had something a bit meaner about the RB thing, but I put it down to a sentence. And of course, you would critisize it.
    And he didn't ask for your comment, either, if you're going to put it that way.

If you want to tell me to change my name, or any other judgements other than the post itself (my name has nothing to do with the post), PM me, don't post it as a reply on a thread.

6. Offline

PhantomGamers

Yes, yes he did. He said "Help please". Go back and reread his post. :D

I would have if I didn't help the dude in the same post.
    Your name does have to do with the post, because you claim to be a PC Tech Guy yet you give him a solution to something that does not relate to his problem. :S

Anyway, we are going completely off-topic.
    Only reason I'm even posting this instead of continuing in a PM is because this plugin is awesome and deserves a bump. :p

If you wish to argue further, make your next reply in a PM. :)

7. Offline

AlexanderDrake

Would it be possible to have an eternal thunderstorm function, I'm using multiworlds to create explorable dungeons and that would add a lot of atmosphere to the whole thing

8. Offline

Nate214

why does no weather control have snow damn

9. Offline

oliverw92

Because there are no snow control methods in bukkit

10. Offline

Del43

If it's cold outside, then there is no rain, only snow and vice versa. Currently rain/snow are
    depending on the biome. So you would need something that changes the biome-type to make it snow.

11. Offline

Fohdeesha

On build 767 /weather clear no longer clears the weather when the server decides to start raining.

but if I do a /weather rain and then a /weather clear, it will successfully clear the weather. Any thoughts?

12. Offline

Reterg

I get this sometimes. I believe it is just raining in the client and not the server. Doing the /weather rain command first ensures that the server knows it is raining and can then shut it off with /weather clear.
    To see what I mean, the next time you try /weather clear and it does not work, log out of the game and then back in again and you will see that it is not raining. I am not sure why this happens. Maybe the weather between the server and the client gets out of sync sometimes.
    NOTE: This also occurs when I am not running this plugin.

Fohdeesha likes this.
  13. Offline

Eloth

doesn't work for me. when i type /weather rain a message pops up that says unknown console command type ''help'' for help. Help...!

14. Offline

Ketrel

What do I need to do such that I can run these commands from the server console and not as a player?

15. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

Isn't there a way to control thunder/storm? I know that /weather thunder toggles if I can make lightning, but can I make thunderstorms?

16. i type /weather sunny or /weather rain -> nothing happens :D says unknown console command

17. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Are you going to fix this plugin?

18. Offline

lyallp

This plugin works, but does not interact with Permissions 3 correctly, nor the help system.
    If you have Permission '*', it works, anything else and it's permission denied.
    It would be nice if this plugin was updated.

19. Offline

PierreLouis

20. Offline

mparsons27

whoops! sorry

21. Offline

Darth_Sidius

how do i install plugins? When ever i try to install a plugin there's and error.

22. Offline

bajansam

I have everything installed and no errors AT ALL on the running server screen, but when i type in "/weather rain" or "/weather thunder true", literally nothing happens.

But when i type "/weather thunder", it comes up saying "Usage: /weather thunder <true¦false>".... duh ino! but nothing happens??

Help please? much appreciated if you do! :p

23. Offline

ip_programs

I got this error, how do I fix it:

13:46:16 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugin\WeatherMan.jar' in folder 'plugins': Permissions
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Permissions
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:123)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:160)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:108)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

24. Offline

iNKx_00

Fix the DL Link pls