[INACTIVE] [FIX] OutputHandler v1.0 - Get rid of those pesky "Can't keep up" messages [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Yetanotherx, May 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Yetanotherx

OutputHandler v1.0 - Get rid of those pesky "Can't keep up" messages:
    Version: v1.0

Do those "Can't keep up!" messages in the console keep bugging you? Is a majority of your server logs these messages? This plugin stops the output of these messages, and instead, saves them to a separate log file.

Usage:
    Simply place the OutputHandler.jar file in the plugins/ directory, and start the server! Easy as that!

It will generate a config file in the plugins/OutputHandler/ directory, where you can configure which messages should be stopped, and where they should be saved to. It also contains the log files for the "Time ran backwards" and "Can't keep up" messages.

Changelog:

Version 1.0
    • Releasing plugin.

2. Offline

IIGoldII

Don't know why I keep getting this on startup,seems to work fine though:
    Code:
    19:04:48 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\OutputHandler.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    :
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: yetanotherx.bukkitplugin.OutputHandler.OutputH
    andler
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:24)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:134)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:160)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:108)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    19:04:48 [INFO] Invalid config file found and converted to proper name/format.

3. Offline

Yetanotherx

Try using the unobfuscated version.

4. Offline

soulreafer

Not working for me. Using 740 and i tryed it out with outputhandler and the normal one.
    console spamming still there.

best regards

5. Offline

EvilSeph

Is it just me, or are both the unobfuscated and the 'regular' links pointing to the same thing?

IIGoldII and gamerluke like this.
  6. Offline

IIGoldII

Yea.I think this has a serious flaw in it,or plainly doesn't work at all.

7. Offline

Yetanotherx

I fixed the issue in the obfuscated version, but I linked them to the same thing so people didn't download the broken one until I fixed it.

8. Offline

rusins

Not working for me to. (The logs are empty, but the console is not)

soulreafer likes this.
  9. Offline

jamescosten

Then why not just use the plugin to get rid of those errors lol

10. Offline

belfedia

Working good for me :)

can you handle " [ATTENTION] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" message also ? that must be perfect !

11. Offline

jamescosten

messages in the console keep bugging you? Just do it yourself :)

12. Offline

belfedia

Code:
    outputhandler:
        too_fast:
            enabled: true
            log: plugins/OutputHandler/too_fast.log
        debug: false
        too_slow:
            log: plugins/OutputHandler/too_slow.log
        Can't_keep_up:    
            log: plugins/OutputHandler/cant.log
    make an error and don't work...
    Where i'm wrong ?

13. Offline

Yetanotherx

I can't tell you what's wrong if I don't have the error.

14. Offline

belfedia

2 posts above ;)

" [ATTENTION] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?"

15. Offline

columb

Amazing

16. Offline

Exidous

are you guys being sarcastic or does this really work? lol

17. Offline

Shuan

Seemed like it would work, was excited for a little bit, than i had to realize this plugin is a joke after i saw this in my server console

Code:
    2011-05-15 04:30:09 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-05-15 04:30:14 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-05-15 04:30:17 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-05-15 04:30:19 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-05-15 04:30:24 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-05-15 04:30:30 [INFO] [G] Hahapwned: Day please
    2011-05-15 04:30:30 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] kjvuorinen sold 1 WOOL with durability of 0 to admin shop for 0.25 Dollars
    2011-05-15 04:30:33 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] kjvuorinen sold 1 WOOL with durability of 0 to admin shop for 0.25 Dollars
    2011-05-15 04:30:33 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-05-15 04:30:37 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-05-15 04:30:39 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-05-15 04:30:43 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    Either
    1. Fix it and tell everyone your sorry for wasting their time on this
    or
    2. Take this page down so no one else wastes their time

18. Offline

winnux8

Fix this.

19. Offline

Yetanotherx

It appears that this plugin is YMMV, as it works fine for some people and is useless for others. It probably depends on your plugin setup, as other plugins may end up overwriting the methods seen in this plugin. I'll have to do some investigation on this, and see if there's another way this can be done.

Until then, use this at your own risk.

20. Offline

Kainzo

Doesn't seem to work on this end.

21. Offline

Geoff Winans

You're a dick. You should apologize for making him waste his time reading this useless post.

Rytharr likes this.
  22. Offline

X7009

Thank you so much!
    I needed this, My server spams the
    Can't keep up crap.

23. Offline

Riolu

This plugin was help me, when I used 1.5 ver. of bukkit. Not it is not workin' :(
    Code:
    18:52:00 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    18:52:02 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    18:52:04 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    18:52:07 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    18:52:11 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?

24. Offline

jonah876

if its not working, use the plugin "ObuShutTheHellUp" I Use it and it works perfect