[Inactive] [EDIT] PaintingSwitch v0.4 - Scroll through paintings [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MadMonkeyCo, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Offline

MadMonkeyCo

PaintingSwitch
    This plugin was originally created by Edward Hand (credits go to him!) but I updated it due to a request. It simplifies the selecting of paintings and saves alot of time. Permissions are supported.

Features:
    • Allows you to scroll through paintings by aiming at them and using the mouse wheel.
    • Permissions support ("PaintingSwitch.use").
    • Configurable!
    Configuration:
    • useSneak: If set to true (default) it will only switch paintings if you sneak, false means it will only switch paintings if you are not sneaking.
    • itemID: If set to -1 (default) it will switch paintings no matter what item you have in hand. Otherwise it will only scroll when you have the specified item in hand. I have yet to find a way to make sure you don't switch items when using this function.
    Downloads:
    Changelog:
    Version 0.4
    • Permissions are once again supported :)
    Version 0.3
    • Added a configuration file.
    • Option to use sneak and a certain item in hand.
    • No permissions with the 1.8 update. :(
    Version 0.2
    • Permissions support!
    Version 0.1
    • Re-releasing this awesome plugin.

2. Offline

RGadelha

I totally agree :D

And thanks for re-releasing and supporting this awesome plug-in.

3. Offline

khamseen_air

Thanks for the updates, looking forward to the non op only version. :)

4. @MadMonkeyCo I dont know if you know this but adding spaces into names of files is a real pain in the ass for Linux users, especially linux users that can only access their server via ssh commanline

so teentsy weentsy recommendation?
    change the name of the .jar in next update and tag me plz

thanks
    wif shoogah on topz!!!

5. Offline

MadMonkeyCo

@cuddleswifkitenz I'll change the name but I don't see why you can't... when you download the file usually you choose the location and the name. If you can't modify the name then I think you've got yourself a UI architecture fail. But if it's so important then I guess I will.

6. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Linux can handle spaces in filenames just fine. If you can only access the server over ssh, put the filename in single quotes and it will work. Or put a backslash before the space. If that's too much work, just change the filename.

7. Offline

MadMonkeyCo

RGadelha and khamseen_air like this.
  8. I'm sorry if that felt like a demand!!!
    I was frustrated because it seems the VPS provider has a couple of preset settings that at first didn't allow me to quote or key out the spaces, I put in a ticket and they couldnt believe I couldnt do it themselves?

I Thought CentOS specifically couldnt lol because it kept telling me the file doesnt exist LOL

Im so sorry for the negativity I took it out on you when I shouldnt have

9. Offline

khamseen_air

10. Offline

RGadelha

11. Offline

MadMonkeyCo

IKR! :cool: :p
    I'm wondering though, a thing that has annoyed me with some plugins is that if you're op you get all permissions by default, even those that were specifically banned from you. Do you want an option in the config to choose wether to use permissions or check for op, or are you just OK with it checking for the permission and ops getting the permissions automatically? It's a minor addition but I thought it was something I should ask the community about.

12. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Bukkit gives ops all permissions by default, so plugins don't need to check for isOp to give the same effect. Of course you can override this default to remove a permission from ops, which isn't possible when a plugin checks for isOp and automatically allows the action if found.

13. Offline

MadMonkeyCo

Actually when you define the permission you choose wether to default to op.

14. Offline

khamseen_air

Only our community Admins are OPs in Minecraft, and they have access to all commands on all of our game servers, so it makes little difference for me really. Though I must admit, I prefer having to assign a permission rather than it being given by default, simply because I like to know exactly what we all have access to. :)

EDIT: Just realised, that's probably the least helpful a post could be.

15. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Yes, but the default default is op, so if you omit that choice or if you don't even register the permission, it'll default to op.

16. Offline

Strogglet15

This works for the newest build? 1240.

17. Offline

RGadelha

Yes, it does.

18. Offline

zonedabone

=( And I was just about to make it too...

Great job though! =)

19. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

There's now a Painting API which could simplify this plugin's code quite a bit. :)

20. Offline

zonedabone

oh, i thought he was using those. Still good plugin.

21. Offline

Dustinator2

um... it doesnt work. i point at a painting and scroll but it doesnt do anything except scroll the select bar
    i gave myself the paintingswitch.use permission but it still doesnt work
    what am i doing wrong?

22. "PaintingSwitch.use" maybe its because you did not exactly as was posted, needs Capital letters, but maybe the plugin needs updating to Rb 1337?

23. Offline

khamseen_air

Are you holding shift (or equivalent crouch button) whilst scrolling? That option defaults to on.

24. Offline

leithal7

good plugin, ive spent so much time trying to get the right painting in my house. will use this for sure on my server.

25. Offline

ScottSpittle

19:02:36 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_ITEM_HELD to PaintingSwitch
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Start block missed in BlockIterator
    at org.bukkit.util.BlockIterator.<init>(BlockIterator.java:167)
    at org.bukkit.util.BlockIterator.<init>(BlockIterator.java:254)
    at org.bukkit.util.BlockIterator.<init>(BlockIterator.java:289)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftLivingEntity.getLineOfSight(CraftLivingEntity.java:94)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftLivingEntity.getTargetBlock(CraftLivingEntity.java:120)
    at is.madmonkeyco.PaintingSwitch.PaintingListener.onItemHeldChange(PaintingListener.java:33)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$18.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:379)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:690)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet16BlockItemSwitch.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:500)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

26. Offline

khamseen_air

It'd be handy if you listed which version of the plugin and which version of Bukkit you're using. An error report without any further details is like saying "purple" and expecting someone to know what you mean.

27. Offline

ScottSpittle

Latest and Latest as always xD

28. Offline

RGadelha

@MadMonkeyCo
    Now I'm just hoping that you update this awesome plug-in for it to work with CraftBukkit 1.0.0 :D
    With CB build 1467 and MC 1.0.0 the stacktrace is:
    Error (open)

14:05:08 [WARNING] Task of 'PaintingSwitch' generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.EntityPainting.i()Z
    at is.madmonkeyco.PaintingSwitch.PaintingRespawner.run(PaintingRespawner.java:27)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

Edit:
    Forgot to say that the plug-in loads OK, it just throws these lines in console when I try to switch a painting and the painting vanishes :oops:
    Edit2:
    @MadMonkeyCo
    What happened to you, are you still alive?

29. Offline

ScottSpittle

Bound to get issues but just letting you know on mc v1.0.0 and cb dev build i get

03:03:29 [WARNING] Task of 'PaintingSwitch' generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.EntityPainting.i()Z
    at is.madmonkeyco.PaintingSwitch.PaintingRespawner.run(PaintingRespawner.java:27)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:482)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

30. Offline

ChillierNsx94

02:02 PM [WARNING] Task of 'PaintingSwitch' generated an exception

31. Offline

jespertheend

not working for 1.0.0, the painting dissapears

ChillierNsx94 likes this.