[INACTIVE][ECON]SignTrader 1.0.7 - Trading with signs! (617)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by darknesschaos, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Offline

darknesschaos

SignTrader - Trade with Signs!
    Version: v1.0.7 - CB (617) tested
    [wheatsprout]Description[wheatsprout]
    This Bukkit plugin allows servers to use signs as a functioning shop tool. Simply set the sign in the appropriate format, optionally link it to a chest and you can have a sign that either vends from a chest you own or you can set the sign to sell to users items they normally couldn't get as something like a modified /give with a set location. Simply punch the sign to get a little more information to understand what it does and how to use it.

[wheatsprout]Commands[wheatsprout]
    /signtrader -s p - set the sign that you punch, the 'p' is optional and makes it persist.
    /signtrader -sc p - link signs and chests to each other, must be within 40 blocks and on the same world and the 'p' is optional
    /getdata - returns the data of the item in hand (name, amount, and durability.)

[wheatsprout]Other Plugin Support[wheatsprout]
    You don't need any of these for this plugin to work.​
    Supports protection from LWC, (2.0 only) with lwc installed SignTrader forces players to sell from chests that they own.​
    Supports Permissions from TheYeti (2.5.4 tested) with the following nodes This defaults to op.txt if not present:​
    • signtrader.MakeGlobalSign - so the player can activate "Global" signs defa
    • signtrader.MakePersonalSign - so the player can activate "Personal" signs
    • signtrader.admin.BreakAnySign - so the player can break any sign (duh)
    • signtrader.Use - so the player can use any player sign or activated Global sign
    • signtrader.admin.SetOwner - so the player can set the owner of signs.
    Supports iConomy (4.0 +) for usage with the local money system.

[wheatsprout]Sign Format[wheatsprout]
    The sign format is as follows:​
    Line one - Global or Personal - denotes sign type, personal pulls from chests, Global doesn't use chests.​
    Line two - amount:ItemType:durability or amount:$ - this is the payment line (what the chest will get from the player) amount is how much the player wants to recieve, ItemType is the item number of the item they want to recieve from player if the other is chosen it will be the amount of money the sign owner wants to get from the player.​
    Line three - amount:ItemType:durability or amount:$ - Similarly to line two, this is what is removed from the sign owner and given to the player.​
    Line four - leave this one alone, [Activated] is put in the line to show it is an active sign.​
    Example 1) - trade sign​
    Line # - text​
    1 - Global​
    2 - 1:3​
    3 - 1:35:1​
    This sign trades for dirt and gives the user orange wool.​
    Example 2) - Sale sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - 1:$​
    3 - 64:3​
    This sign takes 1 of iconomy money from the sign user and gives it to the owner, and gives the user 64 dirt.​
    Example 3) - Freebie sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - Free​
    3 - 1:3​
    This sign gives 1 dirt for free to the user​
    Example 4) - Purchase Sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - 1:3​
    3 - 1:$​
    This sign takes money from the owner and gives to the user and takes 1 dirt from the user and puts it into the chest.​
    [fire]Trouble?[fire]
    When posting issues here please write the following:​
    * What the sign has written on it.​
    * What output you got from the console. (If any)​
    * What you expected to happen.​
    * What actually happened.​
    * What plugins (and their versions) you are using with this (including version number.)​
    * What version of this plugin you are using.​
    Failure to do these will result in you being called an idiot.​
    Show Spoiler

CHANGELOG:​
    Version 1.0.7​
    *Bugfixing​
    Version 1.0.6​
    * removed the sign breaking prevention function...​
    Version 1.0.5​
    * Fixed an abuse problem​
    * Now protects signs and blocks from destruction of non-op(or permissioned) and non owners of signs (owners of global signs are the ones who placed them.)​
    Version 1.0.3​
    * Updated to be compatable with 600+​
    Version 1.0.2​
    * Fixed link with newest version of lwc.​
    * Null pointer bugfix​
    * Rewired the sign recognition code.​
    Version 1.0.1​
    * Trading sign bugfix​
    * re-added the /signtrader -s command​
    * fixed up command interface a bit​
    * added /getdata so players can find the durability of the item in hand.​
    * added /signtrader -so (OwnerName) needs "signtrader.admin.SetOwner" node or player being op.​
    * now prevents people from linking signs and chests that aren't their own.​
    Version 1.0.0​
    * Monsterous update​
    * Too many to list...​
    Version 0.9.3​
    * Fixed bug where appropriate files were not created.​
    * Cleaned up item.txt creation code.​
    * update to iConomy 3.0 support?​
    Version 0.9.2​
    * Fixed bug where chests weren't detected, possibly other fixes.​
    * still not sure on iConomy, please, someone, let me know.​
    Version 0.9.1​
    * Fixed a bug where signs were not deleted from the sign list when they were destroyed.​
    Version 0.9​
    * Added Sign protecting features​
    * hopefully a fix to iConomy support​
    * now players need to set personal signs.​
    Version 0.8​
    * Added a feature that displays sign information in a more detailed form when the sign is punched.​
    Version 0.7.1​
    * hopefully a bugfix that solves a problem with named worlds​
    * getting chest owner works nicely with LWC​
    Version 0.7​
    * Fixed purchasing and selling to chests (Needs testing.)​
    Version 0.6​
    * Removed incorrect format error.​
    * Chests can now: trade, get donations, give stuff out.​
    * Chests still can't "sell via iConomy"​
    * probably a few other fixes​
    Version 0.5​
    * Release of locking protection for global signs (so not anyone can make them)​
    * signs "should" work fine with chests, however I am afraid they ignore protections.​
    * item blacklisting possible.​
    * permissions support.​
    * iConomy support.​
    * ect.​
    Version 0.1​
    * Initial release of the plugin.​

Attached Files:

rasse, shadrxninga and NEO like this.
  2. Offline

AnotherBoris

Hi. First, sorry for my english please :)
    Very good plugin, thanks, but ...
    When i create personal sign like
    Nemesida
    1:$
    1:4

your plugin create sign for user "nemesida" (lower case), but for iConomy Nemesida and nemesida - different users!

P.S. I'm use WorldGuard instead LWC.

3. Offline

darknesschaos

The problem is that lwc stores its owner names in lowercase. I am going to message the creator of lwc to see if they could change that.
    --- merged: Feb 19, 2011 5:20 AM ---
    ah. I will see if I can make it compatible with worldguard too later then.

4. Offline

Lodran

For what it's worth, I managed to get Global signs to support item data, by adding an optional third field to checkTransFormat, and adding an itemData parameter to giveItem.

I tried to get personal signs to copy the itemdata from the item in the chest to the item being given, but failed - apparently for an ItemStack, stack.getData().getData() always returns zero.

It looks like my original goal of vending specific monster spawners is next to impossible - a spawner in inventory doesn't appear to carry the data (creature type) needed to create a specific spawner when the block is placed. I suppose a plugin could use the item data or damage field to carry that info, and fix up the spawner when the block is placed, but that's not something I'd expect of your plugin.

5. Offline

cojust

Sorry if this has already been answered, but ive read the OP 4 times and flicked through the entire thread, How on earth do i activate a sign? Ive tried hitting it with a tool, hitting it with a block, right clicking, nothing happened. Im set as a admin for the Permissions plugin, am also a OP. Thanks in advance.

6. Offline

darknesschaos

it depends on the sign. Global, just type /st set, then punch the sign. Personal signs don't need to be activated to work.

7. Offline

cojust

Thank you VERY much :)

8. Offline

darknesschaos

haha, no problem. Sorry for not being clear. I am planning on doing a complete rewrite of the op soon.

9. Offline

n4Ghost

personal sign not chanche to green
    i works but no green
    Global show Active

this works too:

Cobblestone
    1:266
    64:4

but no active i see

10. Offline

sumTard

I am also getting "this is a personal sign owned by null" when i put my name on the first line. When sombody clicks the sign, it takes their money but it does not give them the item. Using v0.8 with CB339

11. Offline

darknesschaos

I'm still working things out with chest/sign ownership and I need to do more protection type stuff with iConomy and signs before I consider it done. probably in 0.9 but at least in 1.0 it will be there.

12. Offline

Rocik

Hey!
    I did shop with selling 1cobble for 1$.
    It was working, but when i sell 1 cobble, and get 1$ i dont see this 1 cobble anywhere, so it's lose?
    Wait a moment, because I'll test not global shop.

My bad, sorry. :)
    Btw. Good plugin right now :D

13. Offline

Taylor179

how can i sell coloured wool or different types of wood?

14. Offline

darknesschaos

you cant yet, the wool will turn white and wood will turn into the default.

15. Offline

Taylor179

any idea when we will be able to?

16. Offline

darknesschaos

nope, other priorities atm XD
    --- merged: Feb 19, 2011 10:26 PM ---
    maybe for 1.0 though

17. Offline

Taylor179

18. Offline

KrisEike

Thank you SO much for making this! Just what i was looking for!

Have a cookie, some milk and.. damn it, have the whole cookie jar!

Kris

19. Offline

Moe041991

just to get this straight. this plugin is workin with iConomy, right?

20. Offline

darknesschaos

for global signs, don't trust it with chests yet.

21. Offline

sumTard

Yep global shops are working just fine, but the personal shops are broken. One lil problem with the global shops though is that it throws the item on the ground under the player, which could be picked up by someone else standing there. Any way to send it straight to their inventory? Not a priority though, definitely get personal shops sorted out first if you can :)

22. Offline

darknesschaos

I did that at first, but there was a problem with inventory updates and the item would not appear to be in the inventory until some other event happened, when inventory updating gets fixed I will re implement it.
    --- merged: Feb 20, 2011 11:06 AM ---
    I would love to see public servers running this. If you have a link, let me know!

23. Offline

sumTard

Well I havent really used this because I need the personal shops, for global shops I will be using the npcs Ive set up hehe im just waiting for the infinite stock option (hes working on it now)

But you're welcome to hop on for any testing or whatever at pwncraft.dyndns.org :p
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=130138

24. Offline

Edras

When i clic on a sign (with correct format) above a chest MC crash, im using build 348 (sry for my bad english)

25. Offline

darknesschaos

@Edras You need to give me the error report in order for me to help. not to mention what type of sign, the text on the sign and what other plugins you are using. otherwise I just don't have the capacity to help.

26. Offline

Edras

Code:
          Minecraft has crashed!
          ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected].
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT a1dce528 --------
    Generated 20/02/11 15:30

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.2_02
    Java: 1.6.0_23, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 version 3.2.9756 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 84
        at java.lang.String.charAt(Unknown Source)
        at nh.a(SourceFile:152)
        at nh.a(SourceFile:119)
        at pe.a(SourceFile:238)
        at SMGUI.a(SMGUI.java:68)
        at ll.b(SourceFile:346)
        at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:668)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 857ef445 ----------

Im using Essentials,EssentialsBan,EssentialsEco,EssentialsHome,EssentialsSpawn,EssentialsTele,EssentialsWarp,ExtendDay,iConomy,iWatch,Permissions,PvP(safepvp),SignTrader,Whitelist,,WorldEdit,WorldGuard
    all are up to date except safepvp

Sign :
    Edras01
    1:$
    1:5

When there is no chest below the sign, message : No chest found and when there is : bug

27. Offline

darknesschaos

did it crash like this more than once? And, you shouldnt bother with Iconomy with personal chests until my next update as that is my priority right now.

28. Offline

Edras

yes it always crash, i wait for your next update ,thanks

29. Offline

dxfire

Sorry for being such a noob at reading posts if this was suggested before, but...
    Is it possible to replace the ID with the tooltip? (ie 2:seeds instead of 2:295)
    I know, some words may not fit in one sigle line, but this would simplify it for my users.
    (Some of them are rather slow-thinkers)

30. Offline

darknesschaos

I will be including a way for it, if you read through the text files generated, the names are edited a little (so they could fit on the signs.)
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 5:47 AM ---
    update. maybe this works with iConomy fine now?

31. Offline

AnotherBoris

Another Question: how delete global sign? If i destroy sign, in configuration file i still see his properties.
    So... how delete global sign? :)