[INACTIVE][ECON] LocalShops - Please Close this Thread

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Jonbas, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Jonbas

LocalShops has moved to a new thread. Please go here.

Thank you for all of your support and feedback.

-Jonbas

2. Offline

Zane B.

Calm down everyone, it's probably almost done ;)

3. Offline

Specops343

Is there a way to add all items to the shop, and set bundles for everything to something, or do i have to do that manually?

4. Offline

Psycho Robot

If you're looking to expedite management of the items, I recommend this method that I use:

5. Offline

cereal

Just an FYI, Version 3.0.0 is similar but there are differences.

6. Offline

OrtwinS

@cereal
    About the support for other economy systems, Register by Nijikokun might help, in case you hadn't seen it yet.

7. Offline

MangoStarr

Hey, just wondering if you had an estimate of when 3.0.0 will be done??

8. Offline

Magesblood

Next year over the square root of a minus quantum fluctuations plus time waiting squared.

9. Offline

MangoStarr

I realized they probably get asked this a bunch, and that they probably don't like answering it, but no need to make yourself look like an ass about it..

10. Offline

cereal

Yet you still ask, and it's still just as annoying. Just saying. A little sarcasm never hurt anyone, relax a little bit and enjoy Minecraft!

11. Offline

Orobin

Hope it gets updated soon :)

12. Offline

willystylee

Yeah, i lol'd at that post, didn't think he was an ass for saying it.

13. Offline

MangoStarr

I guess I overreacted a little bit :p

I just wanted to know whether I needed to downgrade iConomy or just wait.

I suppose I'll just downgrade

14. Offline

Magesblood

Sorry :p was supposed to be a joke but looking at the github issues there all closed to maybe soon?

15. Offline

cereal

Very soon, hopefully you guys will be pleased with our fixes, changes, and improvements!

16. Offline

Magesblood

:)

17. Offline

willystylee

While we're on the subject, (i'll make this quick)

Ive been seeing this kinda thing happen a lot, and as a server owner, i see it from both sides. I feel for the devs and having to put up with that kind of posting (not reading thread/individual posts) because it occurs so often it really must get on the nerves.

At the same time though, as an owner of a growing server (in all directions, plugins, world, features given by plugins) i have felt the feeling of like "cant be doing this (updating, looking for fixes) all the time, jeezuz h. christ there's 214 pages on this thread, there's no way i can go through the whole thread (other IRL responsibilities, i.e. school), might as well just post an ask."

Just gotta say though to those devs who do handle situations with that kinda posting in a more-so negative, jerk-ish way, just think and switch places with those of us who cant read through a bazillion posts just to get answer. *not referring to this thread. But have seen this on bukkitforums occasionally.

sorry, was NOT quick.

18. Offline

Phealoon

Well, I know that a lot of people ask the same question, "When will the update be", because they are really looking forward to the plugin. I also know that the Devs get very much annoyed by people constantly asking all them all the time, even when they say soon.

Problems are:

1). Devs will put Very Soon, but what they are saying is so vague, it gives the impression in a day or two, then 2 or so months later we might still see the same Very Soon text in the title.

2). The Server Owners constantly ask When's the update, because half the time they didn't bother to scroll up far enough to read the posts above, which someone was asking the same question.

The Solution:

The Devs should put a PROGRESS % OF COMPLETION at the top of the page where everyone can see it.

Yes, it's true that this will need to get updated more often, and that it could be taking away more time then the Devs have to work with. But it should calm some of the annoying questions because as the progress % changes, it shows that at least it is being worked on, and gives server owners at least some idea of when it might be done. Even if it says 25% for over a week, at least we will know it will be a little longer then a Very Soon.

Just an idea everyone.

Keep up the good work, we all love the plugin.

-Phea

19. Offline

Jeyge

They didn't read the post above theirs. They didn't read the previous page. They don't care that they are asked to provide information by the first post when they are reporting things. But they just might read the first post to get some progress information? I really don't think so.

20. Offline

cereal

21. Offline

MineralMC

Soon/Now/100%.

:3

22. Offline

Devian50

Yah didn't really want to get into a discussion about it. Soz'