[INACTIVE][ECON] LocalShops - Please Close this Thread

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Jonbas, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Jonbas

LocalShops has moved to a new thread. Please go here.

Thank you for all of your support and feedback.

-Jonbas

2. Offline

EagleRock

First off, before I ask, I want to take the time to thank you for all the work you did on this plugin. It really made my life so much easier, and I appreciate the hard work that went into it. I just don't want to come off sounding like a pain. :)

Anyway, do you plan on releasing the alternate version that uses the /lshop command? That's the version I use as I run SimpleShop for a global store as well. If you're working on it, no rush at all. I just wanted to say that I was still interested in its use. If it's available somewhere that I didn't see on here, feel free to chastize away. :)

By the way, I tested out the latest version with the /shop command...works perfectly! Thanks again!

3. Offline

bob3695

The lshop version is gone :( I grabbed the source and tried to make a lshop version of this and I can't seem to get it to work. I've renamed it in the plugin.yml, and in all the source files I can find. (including the LocalShops.java. Exported to JAR and uploaded. Now, I did think fairly quickly as I am trying to get a few other plugins working after the 1.4 update, but what I did notice is you do it onPlayerCommand...but you don't register that event...granted I might have overlooked it.

Anyway, any possible way to get a lshop version of this or clue me in as to why this isnt working correctly?

Thanks

4. Offline

Jonbas

Thanks for the support. It means a lot to me.

Thanks for the reminder. Here's the file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16369585/LocalShops/lshop/LocalShops.jar

Thanks for giving it a shot, it's actually a pretty quick change to make:
    plugin.yml > shop -> lshop
    LocalShops.java
    onCommand (at the bottom) shop -> lshop

then go through LocalShops.java and Commands.java and find/replace /shop with /lshop to update the help text.

But I've put an official version back up on the top too.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
    EagleRock likes this.
  5. Offline

bob3695

Hey thanks! I would have gotten it had I spent more then 5 seconds on it (I am a programmer) but I had everyone on my server nagging me every 30 seconds about something else not working correctly. Thanks for putting it up to save me some work :) Great plugin by the way!

6. Offline

Jonbas

I had taken it down because I failed to read any of the documentation on Eclipse or Egit. Looks like I should have been doing a re-base instead of a merge. Well, now I know and hopefully it won't be such a pain in my ass going forward.

7. Offline

Phantom Index

Can the shop area be indestructible to other players except for the one whoc reated the shop?

That would be a nice improvement.

8. Offline

Jonbas

There are a few plugins that already do this. (WorldGuard etc...) I don't think it makes sense to add it to the shop plugin.

9. Offline

Phantom Index

Just saying it makes it easier on the player and mods

10. Offline

EagleRock

Wow! That was a fast response! I'll be rolling this out right away. I already know the /shop version works.

Thanks again for your time and assistance! It is greatly appreciated!

@bob3695 - I can sympathize with you. Isn't is great when users nag about a beta product that isn't stable that depends on unsupported third-party mods to work? :) Thanks for putting in the effort though!

11. Offline

Jonbas

I would guess they don't pay for the server either. :)

I understand where you're coming from, I just don't see an easy way to do this without re-creating a bunch of work other people have already done and adding more overhead to your server.

Maybe if one of those other plugins had an api I could tie into to create a region when the shop is created... that might be possible.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

EagleRock

So would I, but I've seen more and more server admins charge for this stuff nowadays (and I don't blame them). I don't charge for my server, as I really do it more for myself than anyone else, and it costs me nothing to run it. Still, the not-constant-nagging would be a nice way to pay me for my works :)

I still think the funniest part about all this is when you get server admins complain to plugin developers about updates. Someone that is frustrated over nagging from people that don't pay them for their server is nagging at a person they they don't pay about a plugin...see the contradiction, there? :)

Anyway, I just rolled out the /lshop version. Works 100% now, and my Global Shop is all good, too. Thanks again!

13. Offline

bob3695

Yeah, none of my members on my server help pay for the dedicated server I run haha, not a big deal though...only like 18 a month for a 20 slot server. But yeah, I try and not bug plugin devs because I know how annoying nagging can be...and how hard programming can be (it's what I do monday-friday, so yes, I kinda know about that too :p). I got lshop up and seems to be working without a problem. Thanks Jonbas!

14. Offline

GermanCrafter

I dont know why but it's just not working for me :(

15. Offline

Jonbas

If you give some details I'll probably be able to help.

16. Offline

GermanCrafter

It just says that this is an unknown command oO

17. Offline

joey23art

I have a problem :(

Whenever someone besides the shop owner tries to buy something it says not selling.

I've done everything I could think of for the last 3 hours.

18. Offline

Thyraxxx

just installed this plugin with bukkit 617, got no error on the console, but I have no command also. I dont think its a permission problem because I tryed as admin, and there is just nothing hapenning. anyone can help ?

19. Offline

neoconker

it just says that the user doesnt have permission though i am sure ive added the correct permissions nodes

20. Offline

austin101

I have the same issue, It says unknown console command. I know I set up everything up correctly.

21. Offline

Jonbas

You have to set the price the users buy at:

/shop set buy <itemName> <price> [optional: stack size]

@neoconker :

what version of permission are you using?

Do you see the plugin loading on restart or reload? Which link did you use at the top? The download or the /lshop download?

Same question: do you see it loading on reload or startup? And which .jar did you download from the top? The main download one or the /lshop download?

22. Offline

ionbasa

Hello, I am new to Bukkit, but I managed to set up the server, install the Permissions Plugin, but how do I give users permissions?
    Code:
    localshops.buysell
    localshops.manage
    localshops.manage.owner
    localshops.create
    localshops.create.free
    localshops.move
    localshops.move.free
    localshops.destroy
    localshops.reload
    localshops.admin
    My Permissions .yml looks like this:
    Code:
        permissions:
            system: default
            copies:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
        Moderator:
            default: false
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'
    users:
        ionbasa:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
        Julia12853:
            group: Moderator
            info:
            permissions:
    Basically, I want to give "Julia12853" these permmisions:
    • localshops.manage
    • localshops.manage.owner
    • localshops.create
    And give the Administartor group this permission:
    • localshops.admin
    How would I do this? Sorry for such a Noob question, but I am completely new to Bukkit.

23. Offline

Koltrast

It should look like this:

Code:
        Admins:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'
    users:
        ionbasa:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
        Julia12853:
            group: Moderator
            info:
            permissions:
                -'localshops.manage'
                -'localshops.manage.owner'
                -'localshops.create'
    You don't have to give the Admin group permissions, the Admin group are able to us all commands. The '*' in the Admins permissions says so. :)

24. Offline

joey23art

Worked like a charm, thanks so much!

25. Offline

Jonbas

The other option would be do add it to one of your groups. Your user gets access to all the permissions of the group they are in and the groups that theirs inherits. So this would also work:

Code:
        permissions:
            system: default
            copies:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                -'localshops.buysell'
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                -'localshops.manage'
                -'localshops.manage.owner'
                -'localshops.create'

26. Offline

ionbasa

I actualy tried that already, but it errors out
    Code:
    Caused by: while scanning for the next token
    found character         '\t' that cannot start any token
     in "<reader>", line 69, column 1:
                        -'localshops.buysell'
    Actually never mind,
    For some reason in Notepad++ if I press "Return/Enter" to start a new line it auto indents to the line above it, and pressing space 4 times still returns the \t.

I found out that after indenting a new line, I have to delete what Notepad++ indented and use space to reach the +4 level.

Thank you for your help though, Now your plugin works like a charm!

27. Offline

Jonbas

I think there's an option in there to tell notepad++ to replace tabs with spaces.

28. Offline

ionbasa

I actually just found that out right now after looking in the options, there it asks whether to use "tab" or 4 spaces.

29. Offline

GermanCrafter

i dont know if I did something wrong
    When I add some stuf to the shop and set the price to 5 e.g. 5 and buy it, I'm not losing 5 money...
    Is this normal? I had no time to test it with other players

30. Offline

Bekz

'/shop select' is not working correctly for me. Does one need to create a shop and be in it before initiating '/shop select' or do you simply type '/shop select'? Also is there a confirm select feature I am overlooking because when I re-type '/shop select' after making a selection it says "Selection Disabled."

On a separate note I read earlier that you were not looking into NPC's at this time. Most NPC plugins are not shop specific and have a plethora of other features. What I'm wondering is once you get your drag and drop system working would it be possible to use the same code/UI but have it link to two entities of choice, one being a chest and another being a NPC? I understand that this plugin is currently for just player shops as per the description, however if you could substitute NPCs as an option in commands and make their inventory/shop limitless (or based on sales to the shop for stock) it would greatly add versatility to this plugin while keeping it shop-specific.

Under things you are currently working on you state: "change command to /lshop (conflict with SimpleShop and dynamic shop)." -- will this remain an optional change with two downloads (one for /shop and one for /lshop) as you currently have setup or no?

31. Offline

Warface

Same for me, i'm setting price on items but when I buy, I have the same money

Nvm if you the owner you can't buy since the cash is giving to you anyway...

Tried with another player and works fine