[INACTIVE][ECON] Cookies! v0.5 - Economic System w/ API [424]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Coelho, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Avous

@jwideman
    you need to install SQLite google it.. tons of guides for it! just drop the SQfiles in a folder you make (mine was C:\SQLite) then under cookies folder in plugin put sq-lite=yes instead of no
    Beyond that download the two SQL files Coelho supplied in the first post in the craftbukkits main folder! then she'll work fine

OTHER THAN THAT! you need Iconomys wrapper if you're gonna use shop mods that don't support Cookies

be sure you have the SQLite and MySQL Connector supplied on the first page of this post placed in your Craftbukkits main folder. (note that this isnt sqlite you still gotta install it lol thats just the connectors for it so it works with minecraft)

2. Offline

Erbros

I think my problem is that the properties file is not generated yet, and thats whats making the trouble. Anybody willing to provide a default properties file?

3. Offline

Avous

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=POOBWQM6

there you are.

place it in plugins/cookies

not quite default i increased the starting gold from 50 to 250 (gonna have a rp serv and they gotta buy starting gear...) lol but beyond that the only thing i changed is the properties currency name to "Gold"

4. Offline

Erbros

Thank you very much! :)

5. Offline

jwideman

Have it. Everything was fine until the jump to 1.3
    Anyway, these errors went away on the second boot. *shrug*

6. Offline

Phantom Index

Only thing is monsters don't give money nor does PVP.

7. Offline

imaxorz

Working fine for me, just installed it. The only thing the custom currency doesn't seem to transfer its name to the shop when I'm using the iConomy wrapper.

8. Offline

Coelho

I may try to review that part of the script, however it should work.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 7:42 PM ---
    Yes that is the one thing I could not transfer no matter how hard I tried. (I could do it but I would have to open a thread to check when Cookies is started, and that is too much for just a name)

9. Offline

Legionarius

You have made my freaking WEEK. Works perfectly with our server setup. One question.. what is the significance of /c admin save-all as opposed to /save-all?

10. Offline

Phantom Index

Hopefully. Because if this works it's like saving the time of trying to install 3 plugins to do all of what this plugin is said to do :)
    This is the only reason i changed to cookies. NOM NOM NOM

11. Offline

Coelho

The website has not been updated with 0.45, please use the one on this thread.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 7:45 PM ---
    /c admin save-all saves your economy stats while /save-all saves your map! :D
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 7:46 PM ---
    o NOMNOMNOMNOM

12. Offline

HaloInverse

For people not getting the properties file generated on first run:

The properties file in the Cookies directory is named ".properties". Linux, by default, treats files with a starting period as hidden files. The properties file might be in the directory, just hidden.

Coelho: I strongly suggest (1) making SQLite the default in newly generated property files instead of MySQL, 'cause it's easier for n00bs to set up and "just get working" :), and (2) renaming the property file to something less invisible-by-default.

13. Offline

Coelho

I <3 MySQL though :p!!! Noobs be noobs no matter how you change the properties. And I will in fact change the file name. (Just not MySQL)
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 7:51 PM ---
    Website has been updated with 0.45 Cookies and 0.25 iConomy Wrapper

14. Offline

Phantom Index

I actually tried changing balances in MYSQL and they all get set back to 100 XD Saving is a pain :/

In any case..Maybe you'd get support from all plugins and surpass iConomy! who knows.

15. Offline

Legionarius

Why would I need to call a save command if im using mysql?

16. Offline

Coelho

@Legionarius @Phantom Index
    The plugin does not save constantly, the only thing constant is the AutoSave. It keeps all data in a HashMap then when the script is not being used anymore (or "save-all"/autosave), it simply saves the HashMap to the MySQL database. I will be redoing how it saves shortly, but will keep the same general concept.

In simple terms: Don't go editing the database if your server is online. Remember to save after doing anything important to prevent server crashes rolling you back.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 8:11 PM ---
    Moved all download links to "cookies.svgamers.com" on the thread.

17. Offline

MrHicks

Players with capital letters in their name still get their balances reset with 0.45.

18. Offline

Coelho

Really? Let me check my link I put up to see if it actually is 0.45.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 8:13 PM ---
    Oops! Repairing it. When I exported from eclipse it put it in the wrong directory, that is why I gave everyone the wrong version >.>
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 8:15 PM ---
    Fixed, re download it.

19. Offline

LucidLethargy

I am on the latest recommende bukkit build (432) running only this plugin and the provided iConomy pairing. It doe not work for me - It originally did not generate a file, then I downloaded it from someone on this thread to amend that, and it still is not working at all. Here is the error message:

EDITED:

20. Offline

Coelho

You gave me the wrong error message, the script is trying to disable itself because it had a different error.

21. Offline

MrHicks

Superb, it definitely works now.

22. Offline

Coelho

You may have a bad .properties file. There is no error for this, however the plugin does tell you "You have a bad .properties file, back up yours and let the plugin recreate it."

23. Offline

LucidLethargy

Sorry about that, I have amended the error log to reflect the entire error report, which may or may not be at the fault of this plugin.
    --manual merge--
    Ah wait, it works now with cookies - I re-downloaded your links and something changed! You must have released something new within the last few minutes. iConomy's /money is still not responding, but /cookies does!
    --manual merge--
    I have updated my error report above to display errors from 0.45 (cookies + iConomy wrapper)

24. Offline

Coelho

I uploaded a revised version of 0.45 which changes the Constants value for the file to "i.properties" so linux users can view the file.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 8:28 PM ---
    The wrapper doesn't give iConomy commands, it only lets plugins interact with it as it was iConomy itself (But its not :confused:)

Glad it worked for you!

25. Offline

ShadowDrakken

such a descriptive filename ;) hehe

26. Offline

Phantom Index

I learned that the hard way

27. Offline

Coelho

Short sweet and to the point
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 8:30 PM ---
    :p

28. Offline

LucidLethargy

Aye, very cool - It's hard for me to test things since I use iConomychestShop, and that is malfunctioning for iConomy and Cookies alike... but i'm very glad you are helping solve the major iConomy problem! May there be many cookies in your future!

On a similar note, I must confess, though... having "cookies" show up when someone wants to find their money is a bit odd - I think it may lead to confusion since most people do not think of cookies when they think of money. I am going to guess that a few of my guys may mistake it for an error message that I as an admin haven't fixed (thinking of cookies as an internet term.) Anyway that is a very minor issue, and I am very happy to have a potentially working solution - when I can test this against the chestshop (once that's updated) I will report my findings!

29. Offline

Coelho

If you tell them your using the Cookies Economy Script, then there won't be a problem. Same for running a public server.

30. Offline

Sevenos

I just updated my server and filled the cookie_data MySql table with my old iConomy values, but when players join the first time they still get the 50 starting money and after a save-all its saved to 50. It looks exaclty the same in the table after that, only with 50 instead of the old balance. When I set the money ingame its saved correctly.

Any chance to make it read the balances from the table correctly? Is there any cache or list of players I have to set?

Edit: on converting, I set the username as lowercase, as this seems to be the way Cookies handles them.

Edit2: Even worse, it resets the balance on every login. What am I doing wrong? Craftbukkit is git-Bukkit-0.0.0-457-g434ce6d-b439jnks (what of this is the build number?)