[INACTIVE][ECON] aConomy v1.2 - The first economy plugin to support -per-player languages![1240]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ahniolator, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Ahniolator

[Insert Banner Image Here]
    aConomy
    The first economy plugin to support per-player languages!
    Requires RB 1240+ || Current Version: v1.2
    Have a suggestion? Post it here!
    This plugin is the newest core economy plugin to be released as of October 5, 2011. It features a World of Warcraft-esque currency style, and a fully-featured /trade command for in-world trading with players (can be disabled). It also comes with built-in currency rewards for killing monsters (configurable/can be disabled)! It also features per-player language support (as of v1.1)!

Features:
    • All players can set their language to whatever language they wish so long as it's supported!
    • Each player gets their own account when they join if they do not already have one!
    • All amounts are displayed in a World of Warcraft-esque currency!
    • Has built-in random cash rewards for killing mobs (and now, players)!
    • Has a built-in command-based trading system!
    • Almost everything is configurable!
    • Accounts are recoverable after they have been "deleted"!
    • An easy-to-understand API for plugin developers!
    Supported Languages:
    • English
    • Spanish
    Since the video was created, the /trade viewrequest command was changed to /trade view, and update notifications as seen in Burning Creative Suite were added. For more information on any updates, visit any of the informational pages on the bukkitDev page.​
    For developers:​
    If you would like to make a plugin that utilizes this currency system and would like me to create a javadoc for the API, just send me a pm and I'll prepare one.​
    Change Log:
    v1.2 || October 8, 2011​
    • Finished multilingual functionality, and finished full translation of /trade and /money commands
    v1.1 || October 6, 2011​
    • Added PvP Rewards
    • Added the FUNCTIONALITY to have per-player languages. Not everything is translated as of yet.
    • Fixed update notification names
    v1.0 || October 5, 2011:
    • Plugin release

2. Offline

codename_B

WHY B? Dx

People will think I'm associated with it.

3. Offline

Ahniolator

Because BurningConomy doesn't sound as cool :p

Edit: But if it does mean that much to you, I can change the name. ;)

4. Offline

codename_B

There's no need for another plugin though, iConomy 6 can do all this one does and more.

5. Offline

Ahniolator

I wasn't aware it did the things this plugin does on it's own. I used it back when I hosted a server I found it practically relies on other plugins to get money circulating. Based on that premise, I decided to code my own that includes some features with the release that might be useful to people. Granted it's not 100% complete, that is what my goal is.

6. Offline

codename_B

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/iconomy/

Nijikokun has pretty much every single base covered.

7. Offline

aPunch

Damn, @codename_B. Why are you re-inventing the wheel -- Oh, this isn't yours. :(

8. Offline

Ahniolator

Even so, my point is that iConomy is not self-reliant. On it's own it has next to no use, and that is not what I have planned for this plugin.

Aside from that, I was looking around for the full features list for iConomy to make sure I wasn't reinventing the wheel, but I couldn't find one. And besides, is there a reason not to try? Like NetScape, even though they lost to Microsoft in the end of the "Browser wars" they still put up a good fight and got something good out of it. If people don't like my plugin, then they won't download it. If not enough people are interested, I can at least say that I tried, and move on with the new things that I learned when I was making this plugin, and use them for something else.

9. Offline

codename_B

READ: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/this-really-needs-to-stop.29596/

10. Offline

Ahniolator

11. Offline

codename_B

It's for the good of the community, if iconomy doesn't do what you want exactly, Nijikokun happily accepts pull requests to iConomy - you can fork and add it then submit a pull request on github super easily, and you can even reuse code from here!

12. Offline

iffa

13. Offline

garbagemule

As long as you make sure to get it supported by Register, there's nothing wrong with another economy plugin. There was never a need for more than one to begin with, but Register abstracts away all the code required to support every major economy plugin. Crux of the matter: if you can fit this under Register, other developers won't have to be convinced to support it :)

But yes, the b-prefix is very widely associated with codename_B's (swirling vortex of billions of) plugins, so as to not cause any unnecessary confusion, I would suggest changing the prefix to something else. How about lolConomy (everybody likes lolz), aConomy (a for Ahniolator), peeConomy (for kicks and giggles), or the cute and fuzzy kittyConomy? :3

14. Offline

Ahniolator

Alright, I'll go ahead and change the name. I was a little iffy on the use of the b-prefix anyway, so I'll change it.

15. Offline

Ahniolator

Updated. Added multi-lingual support, added PvP rewards (Configurable), and fixed the names in the update notifications.

16. Offline

ZachBora

Oh another conomy system *throws it in the conomy pile*

17. Offline

Ahniolator

Thanks for the support ;)

18. Offline

cholo71796

The bfix?

19. Offline

Ahniolator

Finished multi-lingual support