[Inactive] DispNameChanger 3.0 - Change Names! + Spout [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by captainawesome7, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

captainawesome7

Inactive. Being replaced by:
    DispNameChanger 3.o - Change anybody's display name!

Version: 3.0
    DispNameChanger is a plugin that lets you easily change your display name or any other player's display name. I know there are other plugins that do this, but I think this is the only one (aside from /nick in essentials) that allows you to change YOUR name and ANYONE's name and permissions support. It now saves your name after you leave and loads it when you come back! *NEW* With Spout, this plugin also changes the name above the player's head and sends you a fancy notification!

Features:
    • Change the display name of a specified player, including yourself
    • Spout: If installed, changes player's names above heads
    • Permissions Support (Default is Permissions 2.7.x or 3.x) if not found, uses SuperPerms
    • PERSISTENCE! (Thanks to @Sammy for that one, he helped me a TON)
    • Supports Colors! (Thanks to @itsatacoshop247)
    • IMPORTANT: This plugin conflicts with Essentials, it doesn't work with this plugin. If you have essentials, you can just use /nick and change the nickname character to '' in the config, so it basically does the same thing :)
    Commands:
    Commands (open)
    Commands (open)

The permissions default to the Permissions Plugin 2.7.x or 3.x
    If you don't have it installed it uses SuperPerms(PermissionsBukkit, bPermissions)
    Commands:
    • /rename <player> <new> - Changes the specified player to the specified name
    • /rename <player> - Resets the player's name
    • /rename - Reset's your own name
    • /checkname <player> - Checks the player's name (Not really working)

Downloads
    The source code is included in the .jar (/me/captain/dnc/)

Planned Changes
    None so far

Changelog:
    Version 3.0
    • This one was largely a community update.
    • New Features by Daxiongmao87:
      • New Permission nodes.
        • dispname.change for regular changing of your own name
        • dispname.changeother for regular changing of other's names (requires dispname.change)
        • dispname.changespace for changing names w/ spaces in them (requires dispname.change)
        • dispname.check for checking names (not really working)
    • New Features by Luke Zwekii:
      • Spout support!
    • If you run into any problems, be sure to let me know!
    Version 2.0
    • Added name above head changing support with BukkitContrib. If it isn't installed nothing will happen in regard to names above heads. Also, you have to have the BukkitContrib client mod installed to be able to see the changes.
    • Made join messages and leave messages use display name
    Changelog Cont. (open)
    Changelog Cont. (open)

Version 1.4.2
    • Added the spaces into the name again, if you are using the iJobs plugin, don't update
    Version 1.4.1
    • Fixed the 'could not pass player join' error.
    Version 1.4
    • Fixed the conflict with iJobs, the plugin will no longer load your name if there is a space in it :)
    Version 1.3
    • PERSISTENCE YEEEAAAAHHHH (thanks to @Sammy)
    • ^Saves your name when you leave and loads it when you return :p ^
    Version 1.2
    • Added your name reset when you type /rename with no parameters, I will change this to /resetname soon
    Version 1.1
    Version 1.0
    • Original Release!

[​IMG] To me to support my plugins :)
    Share the love with @Daxiongmao87 and @Luke Zwekii , They earned it!

2. Offline

Kainzo

I see it working fine.

3. Offline

Grammar Troll

Can somebody remove the additional Spout feature? I have other plugins that take care of players' titles.

4. Offline

Shinubi

Can you make a version so i don't need permissions plugin?
    Because im an op on my server and it says i don't have a permission to change names.

5. Offline

Sayshal

Could you add a 'blacklist' of words that aren't allowed in a name, so they cant change there name to admin names, or have any of the same words as set? This would greatly help.

6. Offline

SniperFodder

QFT. Your should be adding a permissions section to your plugin.yml for defaulting some commands to op, and then other commands to everyone else. I've attached what I added to the plugin.yml and it seems to work.

Code:
    permissions:
        dispname.*:
            description: Allows access to all Display Name Change commands.
            children:
                dispname.change: true
                dispname.changeother: true
                dispname.changespace: true
                dispname.check: true
        dispname.change:
            description: Allows a user to change their name.
            default: true
        dispname.changeother:
            description: Allows a user to change the display name of another.
            default: op
        dispname.changespace:
            description: Allows a user to change display name with a space.
            default: op
        dispname.check:
            description: Allows a user to check for display name.
            default: true
    If anyone doesn't want to wait for captainawesome to update the plugin itself, do the following:
    1. Extract plugin.yml from the jar file.
    2. Append the above code to the file. Ensure that permissions is not a child of anything.
    3. Add plugin.yml back into the jar file.
    4. Lastly, restart your server for the changes to take effect. Now, the commands should work like they are supposed to.
    If you are having issues let me know, I can probably help.

Also, earlier when I was trying to rename myself and was having issues, I tried executing the command in console. I got the following error. I'm guessing it's not meant to be used from console, which is disappointing.

Code:
    >rename a_nub SuperNub
    19:51:51 [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'rena
    me' in plugin DispNameChanger v3.0
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:16
    3)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    58)
    54)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:506)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:485)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.Coloured
    ConsoleSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
            at me.captain.dnc.DispNameChanger.onCommand(DispNameChanger.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
            ... 7 more
    >
    And last, but not least, you said:
    However I found this to be untrue, as I only found class files. I wanted to tweak around with the plugin code myself but was unable to...

EDIT: Will this be able to change the name on the Score board in the future?

I found another error... This one occurred when I typed "/rename Creeper". I was trying to rename myself to "Creeper" yet it threw this error.

Code:
    22:09:06 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'rena
    me' in plugin DispNameChanger v3.0
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:16
    3)
    58)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:757)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:722)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:715)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
            at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java
    :500)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.captain.dnc.DispNameChanger.onCommand(DispNameChanger.java:167)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
            ... 13 more

EDIT: Yes I know that's not the command to rename myself, but I'm pointing out that it doesn't properly handle someone not being in the server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  7. Offline

DarkZeR0

Dude this is kinda making em pissed When I try to change someone's name it says you don't have permissions when im Op can you set defaulting to op if he have no permissions.

8. Offline

SniperFodder

Go up to my first post, #550.

9. Offline

nebneb333

what is the command to change name displayed above head? I can change the name displayed in the text box but not above my head and I have spout and spout essentials.

10. Offline

SniperFodder

Are you using the SpoutCraft client? You have to use SpoutCraft for name changing above the head.

11. Offline

nebneb333

ok thank you!

12. Offline

SniperFodder

No problem. Just wish the author wasn't AWOL.

13. Offline

captainawesome7

I'm not AWOL I'm done with Bukkit. I've already asked people to take over whatever plugins they wanted to but kept it limited to people that are already devs.

14. Offline

SniperFodder

mmm, Should update your plugin post to reflect that. Especially since it says the source code is available in the jar but it isn't.

15. Offline

captainawesome7

I switched from Eclipse to NetBeans, I forgot to update the post. And I don't care at this point, consider the plugin dead.

16. Offline

SniperFodder

Would you mind uploading the source code so some one else could pick up where you left off? It would be helpful.

17. Offline

captainawesome7

JD-GUI...

18. Offline

Luke Zwekii

19. Offline

SniperFodder

Thank you. You kept the class files in the jar. Awesome sawce!

20. Offline

Luke Zwekii

Happy to help, I hope you or someone else picks this up, I don't wanna see it die.

21. Offline

SniperFodder

22. Offline

Luke Zwekii

Is he updating it still? It says it's for RB 1000. (Then again, so does this one.)

23. Offline

SniperFodder

I'm not to sure. Last post from him was back in August, so possibly not. I'll see about picking it up because either this one or that one need to be moved to Bukkit Dev.

24. Offline

Luke Zwekii

Well, if you do, I wish you luck ;)

25. Offline

SniperFodder

Thanks! I need a place to jump in somewhere for Bukkit Plugin Development. This plugin is as good as any.

26. Offline

Cwm

Thanks for bestowing a plugin like this, it will definetly help me rename players such as Dragon2030320 >:)

But anyways, i was scrolling through some other name plugins such as http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/chat-namechanger-v1-7-change-your-name-and-prefix-1060.29120/ and in the tutorial video he claims that you can see the name changed above the players head, this is done without using spout. Can you take a look into that please? I am trying to limit my self from using spout and this will help alot

Thank you for taking the time to read,

Cwm

27. Offline

SniperFodder

Which tutorial video are you talking about? I scanned the entire thread you linked and visited his dev bukkit page for the plugin and found no tutorial video. When I glanced through the source code I didn't see him doing anything special. He uses the exact same command as this plugin to adjust the display name. All that does as of the current Bukkit build is change your chat nick name.

I would like to point out that Spout is completely optional. However, if you want to see the actual floating name changed spout would be needed. This is because Spout can do some fancy things that are normally not possible, especially with the SpoutCraft Client connected. Otherwise you would have to hack the actual server to get the result you want.

28. Offline

GoodKnight2000

I'm having trouble's setting up the permissions

can you make it that you dont need to set up permissions?

29. Offline

captainawesome7

no

30. Offline

SniperFodder

Please ignore Mister grumpy and refer to this post. Luke Zwekii was kind enough incorporate my plugin.yml changes that default settings to op and upload it.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ch...ge-names-spout-1000.13253/page-19#post-769160

@ captainawesome: You are not being very awesome right now.

31. Offline

captainawesome7