[INACTIVE][CHAT] MsgReply v1.3 - Reply to last sent/received /msg [252]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zand, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Zand

MsgReply - Reply to last sent/received /msg:
    Version: v1.3

A plugin to add the ability for replying to sent and received messages. This is a port of my ZandsMsg plugin for Hey0.

Requirements:
    • This plugin needs a plugin that provides /msg player [msg] in order to work.

Supported Plugins:
    The following plugins are supported but not needed.
    • General - Attempts to add itself to the help.
    • Permissions - 'reply.sent' for "/wr [msg]" and 'reply.received' for "/reply [msg]"
    • WorldEdit - Disables the use of "//[msg]" if it finds WorldEdit.

Features:
    • The use of "/w [player] [msg]" as an alias for "/msg [player] [msg]"
    • The use of "/r [msg]" or /reply [msg] to reply to the player that last sent you a message.
    • The use of "/wr [msg]" to reply to the player that you last sent a message to.
    • The use of "//[msg]" as an alias for "/wr [msg]" if your using WorldEdit.
    Download
    Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 1.2
    • Fixed cutoff and trimming bugs.
    Version 1.2
    • Added "/wr" as an alias for "//".
    • Added code to disabled "//" when world edit is found.
    Version 1.1
    • Added support for "/w" and "/r".
    Version 1.0
    • First Release

Deesr likes this.
  2. Offline

Jobsti

/w and /r would be nice, short and fast, like Fluxxwhipser. Would be really nice and my users want this cmds back ;)
    (w whisper, r reply)

3. Offline

Zand

Well my choice for /reply and // is to enforce the use of // for replying to the last sent. This is simply because there is the instance when your typing up a reply that someone else could sends you a message just before you send it. The outcome is the message going to the wrong user.

But on other note I'll get to adding support for /r for an alias of /reply and /w as an alias of /msg. Remember this plugin requires another plugin to provide the /msg command.

4. Offline

Jobsti

// enables the Superpickaxe from WorldEdit, not good, because many Servers use this powerful plugin

5. Offline

Zand

I did not know that, I partly used // as it is used to reply to last sent in many online games I played. I was partly under the assumption that devs where only using symbols for chat based commands.

I would like any input on what to do to resolve this.

6. Offline

Jobsti

/w whisper anyone, /r reply this whisper, /rm reply"message" or so, OR //r ;)
    /wr will be cool, whisper-reply/redo

7. Offline

Zand

Added /wr and made it so it dosen't use // if it finds WorldEdit

8. Offline

Jobsti

Hey super, it works, BUT
    - If a User /w to me, I can use /r.
    - If I whisper to a user, he whipser back with /r, I have to use /rw. Bad..... I want to use /r too, not /rw!
    - And migrate with iChat from Permissions please, OR whipser in other color.
    I like <from: username> messagetoyou ;)

Loved it -> Link

9. Offline

Chojin

Hello,

I use Permissions plugin and I did not managed to let users run command /msg /w /wr ...
    I tried anything: reply.sent, reply.received, reply.*, msgreply.*, /msg, /r, /wr ...
    Permission denied :(

10. Offline

Jobsti

My members have: 'reply.sent' and 'reply.received'
    Works

11. Offline

Deesr

Nice Plugin!

12. Offline

silentdojo

Zand you know we love your plugins!

13. Offline

EvilSeph

14. Offline

Arisilde

Can we get an update to this? It doesn't work with newer versions of craftbukkit :)

15. Offline

iSushi

hehe, first thing that I notice when I try it. Spelling mistake "You haven't receved any messages yet." Should be "You haven't recived any messages yet."

I think thats correct :p

16. Offline

Zand

I have changed to use the template, if it still dose not meat the guidelines give me a reply.

Tested and it is in use with build 252 as of now. To help me figure out what the problem is please give me the bukkit build number, If your using permissions the version number and the name and version of the plugin that supplies the "/msg" command .

Its a combination of the both. I commonly mistype received as receved and I will fix it in my source.

17. Offline

Arisilde

I'm using build 302 of craftbukkit and essentials v184. every time I type /r it just tells me I have not received a message. /w and /wr do nothing at all. My default group has both reply.sent and reply.received nodes.

18. Offline

Daveyo

same, using build 323, complete broken. It fixes what i type to say "msg" rather then /w which is what i typed, so it's lurking around in the process' somewhere. The /r rewrites the command /msg name, just the /msg command is not working, nor preducing errors

19. Offline

Jobsti

Using #326

/w /r /wr works 100%

20. Offline

Arisilde

I updated to 326 and now it works for admins, but for some reason my players can't. Even though I've given them both reply.sent and reply.received nodes. Are those the nodes you are using to get it to work? I dunno what the deal is :/

21. Offline

Jobsti

Yep, tested with members. But members only tested /r, not /w.
    Testing it tomorrow.

22. Offline

Daveyo

So has this been updated? would be really nice to see this work

23. Offline

Kartus

Does the plugin work 100%?

24. Offline

zwarmapapa

I'm getting errors in build 493? Is it out of date?

25. Offline

zwarmapapa

Is this still getting updated, or is there a replace plugin for it, or anything?

26. Offline

silentdojo

Hey guys i know Zand he's a regular on my server I'll see what he plans to do and tell him to let you guys know.

27. Offline

zwarmapapa

Ok thanks, that would be awesome. People are realy missing the /w and /r command.

28. Offline

zwarmapapa

Do you know what he is planning to do already?

29. Offline

silentdojo

I'll try to ask him again but he's working on something special for us so maybe he'll have time soon.

30. Offline

zwarmapapa

Damn, I wish minecraft wasn't so addictive :p