[INACTIVE][CHAT] MCDocsChat v1.0 ~ Allows you to use a command to say repetitive sentences [677]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Tazzernator, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Tazzernator

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Version 1
    Test build: 677

MCDocsChat is a modification of my other plugin MCDocs.
    MCDocsChat allows you to use a command to say repetitive sentences you find yourself using all the time.

Features
    • Full Permissions Support: MCDocsChat builds itself around the popular Pheonix Permissions plugin.
    • In-Game modifications: You can add and remove commands and their messages all in-game.
    • User Defined Commands: You define the command you wish your users to use. /welcome for example.
    • Colours: Full colour support.
    • Variables Support: Such as Player's Name, IP, Group. Online players - Online Count - Online players from a specific group etc.
    Change Log
    License

Known Issues:
    • Using a ":" in the actual message will break the plugin.
    Shoutout goes to @captainawesome7 for the initial concept and the beginning of the conversion.

DeanDip and captainawesome7 like this.
  2. Offline

captainawesome7

Yes! (the mcdocschat image the top looks awesome lol)

Great addition with the modification of commands in game btw :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    Tazzernator likes this.
  3. Offline

diegokilla

This looks great! I've been using mcdocs for a month or so now, this will be a great addition!
    Edit: Also will this give in game access to be able to change/edit existing mcdocs files?
    I recently brought a few more admins onto my team, and it would be nice for them to not have to access those files, as my server is run from home :p

4. Offline

Juze

5. Offline

captainawesome7

It on his wiki he just forgot a link

6. Offline

Juze

I'll wait for the link then.

7. Offline

captainawesome7

Just a heads up, I know it says build 677, but if you run it on 670 it breaks all commands :(
    So right now I'm using my unofficial MCDocsChat

8. Offline

Tazzernator

Woops, sorry.
    Link Added.
    I'll test now.

Edit: Worked perfectly :/

No, this plugin is a stand alone from my other MCDocs.

Editing the txt files and adding all /command:file.txt for MCDocs (core) has always been something that has been in my mind to do. However, using simply commands to modify existing txt files seems almost impossible.

Perhaps you could setup an FTP on just the directory of the files?

I know another individual who's setup a cron job to copy files from a drop box folder to the MCDocs directory.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  9. Offline

captainawesome7

still breaks for me o well, i can just use mine :(

10. Offline

seriosbrad

I also have the problem where it breaks most other plugins... RB677

11. Offline

diegokilla

hrmmm... ftps and such... looks like its google time for me! :p

12. Offline

L24D

I believe i'm having the same problem as everyone else (cb670)... it just breaks all the commands, but i did notice something... keeping in mind, that this is one of the only commands i could get to give me a response.
    I typed /time in the console (commandbook), and... it threw me an extremely strange error.
    "A player is expected."

and that's ALL it says.
    everything else just fails to work.
    Hope this helps you in your journey to fixing this. :)

13. Offline

piousminion

I have no rightly clue how, but adding this plugin completely breaks xauth. No errors are shown, but users can't /login or /register which means they can't even move. Removing this plugin solves the problem. :(

14. Offline

VoidingNixx

Breaks commands on #734

15. Offline

Plague

considered inactive