[INACTIVE][CHAT] FreakyIntroductions v1.1 - Customizable player introductions. [440+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by FreakyDaz, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Offline

FreakyDaz

FreakyIntroductions - Customizable player to player introductions:
    Version: v1.1

This is my first plugin for CraftBukkit and so I kept it relatively simple. FreakyIntroductions provides a simple method of introducing yourself to other players using the '/intro <PlayerName>' command.

All introductions begin the same:
    "Hey <ReceivingPlayerName>, I'm <SendingPlayerName> and <CustomisableSentence>".

To change the default sentence endings just run the plugin once to generate the files and then go into the FreakyIntroductions folder and edit the options.txt file. Each option is on a seperate line. The chosen sentence ending is decided at random.

Features:
    • Flat-file, customizable introductions.
    • Alerts for both successful or failed usage.
    • Works with Minecraft 1.3
    Download FreakyIntroductions [JAR]
    Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 1.1
    • Added alerts.
    • Fixed plugin from swallowing all minecraft commands.
    Version 1.0
    • Added customizable options in options.txt.
    Note: I wanted to submit this plugin as it helped me learn the basics and so it may help someone else too.

2. Offline

KyreNecat

please say this is beta 1.3?

3. Offline

FreakyDaz

I have been unable to test on Minecraft 1.3 but that is something I should be able today. For now though all I have been able to ensure is that the plugin works with the latest recommended build.

Like I said I'm hoping to upload the new 1.3 build today and test.

4. Offline

jjfs85

Hey, Daz. Nice plugin.

I'm wondering if there's a reason why you chose to extend playerListener instead of using onCommand(). Is there an advantage to this? It seems simpler to just use onCommand() and then to get the player's name just cast the commandSender to type player and use the getName() method. Just a thought.

Anyway, good work and it looks like it'll be a fun plugin to use.

5. Offline

FreakyDaz

To be honest I'm still so new to the Bukkit API so I wouldn't know the best options yet. I was watching a basic guide and I saw it used and thought that it may well be what I wanted... If you have any links to the docs/source for the functions in question feel free to let me know as I would love to see what actual options I had.

Thanks for kind words though. Nice to not be criticized about making a basic plugin to get started :D I do hope to make more when I get the time. Keep up the good work yourself too :D

Edit: I did just find the CommandMap and Command Objects and wow that definitely would make the code much much cleaner lol Thanks for pointing it out.

6. Offline

jjfs85

Ah great! I did the same thing when I started my plugin! Cool, man.