[INACTIVE][ADMN] VIP v0.4.1 - Gives VIPs priority when logging in [674]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Yoharnu, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Yoharnu

VIP - VIP Login List:

Version: v0.4.1
    If the server is full and a VIP tries to log in, the last non-VIP player to log on gets kicked, letting the VIP log in.

Thanks to deep for helping me test it before it was released =]

Features:
    • /vip add Player <priority> = adds Player to the VIP list with the optional priority
    • /vip remove Player = removes Player from the VIP list
    • /vip enable = enables the plugin
    • /vip disable = diables the plugin
    • /vip kick = toggles whether to kick last logged player or longest logged player
    • /vip permissions = toggles whether to use config.yml or permissions (VIP.VIP) to determine whether or not a player is a VIP
    • Supports Permissions!
    To install, simply copy the VIP.jar to your plugin directory and start CraftBukkit normally. The config.yml file will be created automatically.

Download The Plugin (.jar)
    Source Code

Permissions:
    • VIP.add = allows player to add a player to the VIP list
    • VIP.remove = allows player to remove a player from the VIP list
    • VIP.enable = allows player to enable the plugin
    • VIP.disable = allows player to disable the plugin
    • VIP.kickToggle = allows player to toggle whether most recently logged or longest logged player gets kicked when a VIP signs in
    • VIP.VIP = player is a VIP (if set to true in config.yml)
    Known Issues:
    • If a player is on the VIP list (either in Permissions or the config file, whichever you're using) and banned, they may still be able to log in. If you ban someone, make sure to remove them from the VIP list.
    To do:
    • Add a queue for non-VIPs (when a player is kicked because a VIP logged in, they will go to the front of the queue) EDIT: I don't know how to do this, so it probably won't happen. However, I will leave it here in case I have an epiphany about it.
    • Implement permissions instead of using OPs to determine who can use the /vip command
    Changelog:
    Version 0.4.1 - April 11, 2011
    • Semi-fixed issue where players could still log in if they were banned. However, if a player is on the VIP list and banned, they may still be able to log in. If you ban someone, make sure to remove them from the VIP list.
    Version 0.4 - April 10, 2011
    • Added VIP.VIP to permissions and an option in the config.yml file to switch between permissions and the config.yml list. Default is to use the config file
    • Added priorities. 3 has priority over 2 has priority over 1 (these numbers may be as large as you want). A player without VIP status has a priority of 0. If you don't want to use priorities, continue doing what you have been doing, and everyone will be given a priority of 1. If you want to change a player's priority just /add them again with the new priority
    • Fixed some problems with permissions
    • Cleaned up the config.yml file a bit
    Version 0.3 - April 09, 2011
    • Fixed problem where servers without Permissions couldn't run VIP
    Verison 0.2 - April 08, 2011
    • Added Permissions support
    • Added enable and disable (in config.yml)
    • Added a "kick toggle" (see Features) (also in config.yml)
    Version 0.1 - April 07, 2011
    • Initial Release

2. Offline

anon

Will test this very soon.

3. Offline

deep

Its awsome, now i can purchase a VPS for my server :)
    Thank You very much :)
    ps: would you add me as a alpha-tester to this thread? :p

4. Offline

NEO

Shouldn't it kick the first non vip to log in? In other words the non vip who has been playing on the server the longest.

5. Offline

Yoharnu

deep requested it this way, so that's the way I built it. But I will add an option in the config file so you can change it if you wish.

6. Offline

Alf999111

can you add permissions support?

7. Offline

Yoharnu

You're added now :) thanks so much for helping me test it
    Just added an option so you can change it to how you want
    Just finished that, actually. Check the first post again

8. Offline

Alf999111

can you add something like vip.vip that everyone with this permission is vip

9. Offline

Yoharnu

Hm. That's a good idea. I'll look into it

EDIT: This has been implemented in 0.4. You just have to change a setting in your config.yml file (or use "/vip permissions" in-game)

10. Offline

tha d0ctor

cool, now to find 45 more players for my server so i can test this ;) lol

11. Offline

MeinerHosen

Forgive my ignorance, but does this work on CB617?

AMAZING plugin by the looks of it. I was just building my VIP groups :p

12. Offline

Yoharnu

Yes, it should. I'm not certain, though.

13. Offline

Kostronor

Can you add an optional "priority number", so that each player has a number on how important he is.
    If a player with a high number logs in, the lowest player is kicked.
    and for every non-vip, it could also be random, instead of the longest/last ;)
    Thanks for this, thought of pulling a request, but that solves it!

14. Offline

Yoharnu

I could do that, but you'd have to use the config file instead of permissions

EDIT: This has been implemented in 0.4

15. Offline

Sooks

BEWARE! Well if you are using essentials 670 or something it overrides ban ability and if you ban a player they can still log on! BEWARE!

16. Offline

Yoharnu

Wow, thanks for that. Silly mistake on my part. I kinda fixed it, but if a player is banned and a VIP, they may still be able to log in. Make sure to remove a player from the VIP list when you ban them.

17. Offline

Kostronor

Just forgot so send my post yesterday >.<
    You could use permissions for the ifvip-ornot.
    And if they got the vip.vip-permissons, you will look in something like a vipprio.txt.
    so you could remove someone temporarely from being vip without forgetting his vip-number.
    My idea is surely not the best one, just an idea i got yesterday :D

Thanks for implementing this!
    Will try it today an look for errors/new ideas :D

Edit: works fine for me :)
    You could usesomething out of the info-tag for permissions
    like:
    Code:
    info:
        priority: 5

18. Offline

KAi_B

great work!!!
    This plugin is fantasic!!

19. Semi-fixed issue where players could still log in if they were banned. However, if a player is on the VIP list and banned, they may still be able to log in. If you ban someone, make sure to remove them from the VIP list.

so if i use permissions i have to remove his from his group in order to ban him forever ?

20. Offline

Yoharnu

Yes. For now. But if you're at the point where you're banning a VIP, you're probably not going to undo it. So, it shouldn't be a problem. But I'm working on fixing it, anyway.

21. ok, thanx alot it aint such a big problem annyway but just have to be prepared for the worse.

22. Offline

Giuseppe

This plug is shit Sorry.
    I ban User 2 Second Later User Online

08:00:48 [SEVERE] Nag author: '<NoAuthorGiven>' of 'MagicCarpet' about the following: onPlayerJoin has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerJoinEvent)
    08:00:48 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'FloydATC' of 'PetitionPlugin' about the following: onPlayerJoin has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerJoinEvent)
    08:00:48 [INFO] Loaded world: Blackraider
    >stop

I delete This Plugin and Ban its work

23. Offline

Alf999111

MagicCarpet
    PetitionPlugin
    OTHER PLUGINS!
    If User2 have the Permissions for Vip.vip or is on the viplist I think he cant be banned

24. Offline

Yoharnu

This is correct. Read the changelog for version 0.4.1.
    Also, I guess I will add a known issues section for people who don't read the entire first post.

25. Offline

Erbros

This plugin was giving my server serious lag. I don't know why, it wasn't showing any errors in server log.

PS: 733 & 740

26. Offline

CptTwinklez

Is this going to be updated to #740?

27. please update!!! :)

28. Offline

Plague

CB 674 - inactive

29. Offline

Kostronor